KEEP IT TRUE XIX - after talk..

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
ION BRITTON

Re: KEEP IT TRUE XIX - after talk..

Post by ION BRITTON »

Like i said before, I wasn't expecting much, so it couldn't have been that disappointing. I'm sure the band has given far better performances before.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

How was the performance of Fates Warning?

Is KIT sold out again now?
Long Live The Loud !!!
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

Iron cross did mention during the intro for 's n m' that they hadnt played the song since mike died. i think he got mentioned once again at some point, but nothing too big. well for what is was, it was pretty ok, Mike was the whole band minus some screams/choirs/ ocassional lead vocals from the other guys.i was ecstatic anyway :D i almost went to KIT just for them.
I do feel cheated in a small way - unless my memory fails me, FW was supposed to be an one off thing in 2012 for those of us who were there. i am happy for the guys who got to witness John Arcg sing though.
Plus i didnt get to buy tickets for next year, which sucks considering we all know the headliner, dont we.
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
msp

Post by msp »

KIT was good fun as usual. Despite feeling ill leading up to and through the festival there were still plenty of things going on. I suppose as I get older the need to see every band is no longer as strong as the early years.

Decided to arrive early on the Friday in order to get in and get ticket for next year. The year the entrance was via giant tent that had the metal market inside. They start letting people through just after 11am so head through the tent to the main hall to get the ticket. Main hall remains closed as they don't have any change! I mean seriously? This leaves 30minute wait before they finally open the doors and let people in. This leads to a big surge and pushing etc. Tto get the tickets for next year. Luckily minimal pushing and elbowing secures the ticket for next year for myself and Dan. Dan I owe you €5 change!

The metal market was great. Spent a small fortune and could have easily spent x4 that. Biggest highlight was No Remorse with insane rarity afer insane rarity: Excalibur, 1st Sabbrabells, Pallas etc. Apparently copy of Militia there but I never saw that.

Bandwise something for everyone I guess. Enjoyed Terminus, Artch, Tokyo Blade, Fates Warning. I guess many people went Ross The Boss 'meh' but it absolutely ripped.

As always half the fun is meeting up with people so it was good to see Dan, Per-Ola, Steffan, Peder etc. from Sweden, Sander, Lama & Guy from Belgium (beer & foldup table gods!), Leif, Knut & Marken from Norway.

Ion Britton: get your ass back there :)

See you all next year!
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Matt,
MassOfKthulu wrote:considering we all know the headliner
I'll try to be there :)
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart