The WORST albums released by a thrash band?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fire Down Under

Post by Fire Down Under »

MORTAL SIN (AUS) - Every Dog Has It's Day

the only album that I sold after listening to only the A side, which was total crap.
ObscureInfinity

Post by ObscureInfinity »

There are far too many horrible modern albums released from 80s thrash bands to name. Thrash seems to be the most dead sub-genre of metal.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Define "Modern"? That record is from 1991.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
daniel

Post by daniel »

Nothing in his post suggests he was referring to the Mortal Sin album, other than that it chronologically followed a post that did mention it, and most probably, and logically, he was saying... exactly what he did say, and we've got like the past 15 years that no one would argue isn't "modern times" musically speaking.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

daniel wrote:Nothing in his post suggests he was referring to the Mortal Sin album, other than that it chronologically followed a post that did mention it, and most probably, and logically, he was saying... exactly what he did say, and we've got like the past 15 years that no one would argue isn't "modern times" musically speaking.
One would assume he is based on the parameters of this sub-forum. Discussion of music from the last 15 years does not go here.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
mordred

Post by mordred »

To me "modern" and "new" is not the same thing. An album from 1991 might sound modern and an album from 2013 might not. What's "modern" (in fashion) also changes with times but for the sake of argument we must assume that for example with thrash metal "modern" must mean when it does not sound like classic/old school thrash metal anymore because it is mixed up with too much newer influences. Like if a band went from thrash metal to some groove oriented mishmash influenced by Pantera and Machine Head in 1994. Of course copying Pantera quit being actually modern over a decade ago but that's another story. It's still more modern than copying Pleasure to Kill.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
daniel

Post by daniel »

Oh so you think if my assumption is correct he should really have stopped himself and thought to himself in a nerd voice "HMMMM, I wish to express disdain with how unappealing the majority of Thrash from the past decade is to me, ALAS! The forum regulations state I must not utter words relating to such periods in time in this particu-laar area"? JESUS CHRIST! HE MUST BE BANNED IF HE WASN'T REFERRING TO MORTAL SIN!
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Uh, yeah... That discussion goes in "Victim Of Time" you bad little boy.
ION BRITTON

Re: The WORST albums released by a thrash band?

Post by ION BRITTON »

Haunted Garage - Possession Park 1991.
Fun, funky, groovy, cool and total crap as well. This is probably the result of the horrible direction famous bands like Suicidal Tendencies took in the late 80s/early 90s along with side-project plagues like Infectious Grooves. The album just makes me fucking sick. The fact that it was released by the once legendary Metal Blade makes it even more embarrassing.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
ION BRITTON

Re:

Post by ION BRITTON »

Stormspell wrote:
Cochino wrote:I seem to eb the only one in the forum who likes Anthrax until Bush. Of course, even I overrated Among The Living some time ago, but I still think is a nice thrash album.
One band I never really got into was Sacred Reich. I wouldn't say they suck, but they sound too average for me.
Cochino, I'm with you on all fronts. Anthrax until Bush was always cool to me, and Sacred Reich bored me to tears.

I also think bands like MELIAH RAGE, WRATH, WRATHCHILD AMERICA, LAAZ ROCKIT deseve mentioning in this thread
So, you changed your mind about them in the meantime? :)
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Re: Re:

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Stormspell wrote:
Cochino wrote:I seem to eb the only one in the forum who likes Anthrax until Bush. Of course, even I overrated Among The Living some time ago, but I still think is a nice thrash album.
One band I never really got into was Sacred Reich. I wouldn't say they suck, but they sound too average for me.
Cochino, I'm with you on all fronts. Anthrax until Bush was always cool to me, and Sacred Reich bored me to tears.

I also think bands like MELIAH RAGE, WRATH, WRATHCHILD AMERICA, LAAZ ROCKIT deseve mentioning in this thread
If I recall correctly, I remember Iordan slagging Impact back in the day at one point as well. :lol:

I can't fault him for the change of heart though since it resulted in a re-issue with the demo tracks.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Stormspell wrote:

Uh, you caught me, I have zero recollection when and under what influences I've typed this, haha.

Seriously though, WRATH are on this list solely because of "Insane Society". I do not like that album and hence it was not re-released when we did the other two - which are quite decent and cult US power/thrash metal and I dig them alright.

LAAZ ROCKIT - I have no clue why I had put this one here. Whatever I was smoking/drinking at the time seems to have worked quite well, haha! I love that band! Hey, me from the past, wtf have you thought when you typed this? You suck! :)

MELIAH RAGE and WRATHCHILD AMERICA are still boring to those ole ears. Not worst bands for sure, just bands I'd never think of listening to you know. Having said that, if an opportunity arises I may re-release Wrathchild America as it would sell good, but it would be purely a business decision enabling me to generate some cash I can then use to release something I like ;)

Two more bands, or rather ALBUMS I'd like to add to the list:

TESTAMENT - The Ritual (the most boring heavy metal album by otherwise awesome thrash band)

CORONER - Grin (how the mighty have fallen on this album, I have no words to describe the feelings and disappointment when I played it for the first time... first two albums are still two of the best thrash album ever though!)
whiteravenmetal

Re: The WORST albums released by a thrash band?

Post by whiteravenmetal »

Hahaha You have found the path, Laaz Rockit kills! This one but for some reason I like it

[youtube]SlBx9gFkStQ[/youtube]
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:If I recall correctly, I remember Iordan slagging Impact back in the day at one point as well. :lol:
I can't fault him for the change of heart though since it resulted in a re-issue with the demo tracks.
I always ridiculed the crazy people shelling thousand bucks on Avanzada cds. There is a difference. Few people realize, but Impact never recorded an album. "Take the Pain" is basically a demo compilation of "Erosion of Will" demo plus follow-up demo session.

But yeah, the ridiculous praise that album got from people refusing to listen to it unless on original first pressing irked me to a point I almost passed on that deal. I actually released it after some crazy "collector" e-mailed me to demand not to do it as he just spent $XXXX on eBay for original first press and was afraid the re-release will de-value his "investment" :).

I could not pass on disappointing him, naturally ;)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Stormspell wrote:
Avenger wrote:If I recall correctly, I remember Iordan slagging Impact back in the day at one point as well. :lol:
I always ridiculed the crazy people shelling thousand bucks on Avanzada cds. There is a difference. Few people realize, but Impact never recorded an album. "Take the Pain" is basically a demo compilation of "Erosion of Will" demo plus follow-up demo session.

But yeah, the ridiculous praise that album got from people refusing to listen to it unless on original first pressing irked me to a point I almost passed on that deal. I actually released it after some crazy "collector" e-mailed me to demand not to do it as he just spent $XXXX on eBay for original first press and was afraid the re-release will de-value his "investment" :).

I could not pass on disappointing him, naturally ;)
Hahaha... That's pure gold. I'm glad you put it out then.

I've never seen this go for a $1000 though. Normally in the $500-$800 range but one hasn't been put up for sale in a while so I can definitely see the same dude that used to post here and dropped a $1000 on Silence doing the same :)