KEEP IT TRUE XIX - after talk..

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
msp

KEEP IT TRUE XIX - after talk..

Post by msp »

Its nearly that time of the year again to apply stick on Mania Wizard of the Lost Kingdom speed-metal moustache, don your denim jacket with giant Heavy Load back patch and descend upon Konigshofen to sweat to death in the hall for KIT XIX!!

So who is going and what bands are you looking forward too? Personally i'm looking forward to Fates Warning, Razor, Heir Apparent, Artch and Terminus the most.

Its going to be interesting to watch the bands in the hall without the metal market :( but hopefully going shopping in a giant tent outside will not be too much of a drag.

See you there

Edit: Now an after-talk thread/aDmiN
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Andreas

Re: KEEP IT TRUE XIX roll call

Post by Andreas »

Not to fond of the tent neither. I loved catching a bit of a show while searching through records. Now choices will have to be made :D .

For those in the 'know', come over to our car and have some snacks and drinks! As usual we will have a large selection of belgian special beers.
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

I´ll be there. Travelling with my good friend GJ.
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Not going this year, but hope that someone will provide me and two friends with a ticket each to next year's KiT. It's an anniversary, after all.

I miss those Belgian beers though. And cheese. Yum!
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Have they announced the "secret band" yet?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
msp

Post by msp »

Avenger wrote:Have they announced the "secret band" yet?
Probably Roxcalibur covers Cirith Ungol
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Secret band is Agent Steel with Cyriis.

/ just kidding of course :) Nobody knows for sure, and it's planned to stay that way until they hit the stage.

I'll be there too.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

msp wrote:
Avenger wrote:Have they announced the "secret band" yet?
Probably Roxcalibur covers Cirith Ungol
Wouldn't surprise me. They seem to always find a way to incorporate Roxcalibur some how.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I wouldn't be surprised if the secret act is in some way related to Cirith Ungol, as they're already there for the Meet and Greet.

*jealous*
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Andreas wrote:I loved catching a bit of a show while searching through records. Now choices will have to be made
Yeah, this is a bit of a nuisance, but otherwise I can hardly wait for another Highlight Of The Year :D

Kenn Nardi's Anacrusis, Razor, Fates Warning, Thrust, Mythra, SDI, Tokyo Blade and Heir Apparent are the must-sees for me.

Btw, does anyone know if the Metal Market tent opens at the same time as the venue? And will they have some sort of gate so you'll need to fix the hand bracelet first?
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

I'll be there with the small (but growing) Norwegian contingent. Saw Terminus a few weeks ago, and know that we're in for something special. Really looking forward to Praying Mantis as well.
msp

Post by msp »

DaN wrote:
Andreas wrote:I loved catching a bit of a show while searching through records. Now choices will have to be made
Yeah, this is a bit of a nuisance, but otherwise I can hardly wait for another Highlight Of The Year :D

Kenn Nardi's Anacrusis, Razor, Fates Warning, Thrust, Mythra, SDI, Tokyo Blade and Heir Apparent are the must-sees for me.

Btw, does anyone know if the Metal Market tent opens at the same time as the venue? And will they have some sort of gate so you'll need to fix the hand bracelet first?
I saw on facebook that the entrance to the festival is the metal market tent. You get the wristband as you enter.The tent will be on the land where that driving school is.

Tickets for next year are limited to 2 per person to avoid repeat of last years farce
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

Fates Warning is going to be there? I wonder who will be singing? I have not talked to John in a couple months
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

So what are the odds that the Secret Band is actually CIRITH UNGOL proper? Sure, they could wait a year and announce them as next year's headliner but we all know the risk they'd be taking, seeing as how often recently reformed old bands suddenly break up again after a few months...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Northwinds wrote:Fates Warning is going to be there? I wonder who will be singing? I have not talked to John in a couple months
John Arch, they'll play entire Awaken the Guardian LP.

Will Razor play with Bob Reid or Sheepdog?