NO MORE MISTER POSTMAN!!! (horror stories thread)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Lama

Re: NO MORE MISTER POSTMAN!!! (horror stories thread)

Post by Lama »

Listen up guys! Give your postman enough tip, food and/or drinks. He WILL take good care of all your stuff!

:wink:
Kampel Destruction
lox

Post by lox »

Lama wrote:Listen up guys! Give your postman enough tip, food and/or drinks. He WILL take good care of all your stuff!
Sure, good idea if it goes for the postman/woman. The DHL/Hermes dudes are changing every second week, so it would be pointless.

The postal gal here once drove with her bike over some bump on the road and my package flew out of her basket between the bike wheels. Weird enough only one bent corner was the result. It was just some random german crap metal, so I didn't care. Not real horror shocker I guess :lol:
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

lox wrote:
Lama wrote:Listen up guys! Give your postman enough tip, food and/or drinks. He WILL take good care of all your stuff!
Sure, good idea if it goes for the postman/woman. The DHL/Hermes dudes are changing every second week, so it would be pointless.

The postal gal here once drove with her bike over some bump on the road and my package flew out of her basket between the bike wheels. Weird enough only one bent corner was the result. It was just some random german crap metal, so I didn't care. Not real horror shocker I guess :lol:
One time a whole jerrican of gasolin was spilled (by accident) on a very big parcel from High Roller Records, the thing smelled as shit! Hopefully she (and i) didn't smoke coz there could have been some huge damages!
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

I had been waiting for two parcels with CDs for almost two months until yesterday when my neighbour told me she had found them in her mailbox (and she doesn't check it too often). But... that's definitely a small issue, nothing was broken or misshapen, just extremely delayed.
whiteravenmetal

Post by whiteravenmetal »

Prowler wrote:Yep, imagine there was vinyl inside ...
I once sent a parcel with about 20 records to Colombia, all new/mint. The parcel disappeared, I got 180 E paid by german post service. 3 years later saturday morning the postman did knock at my door. The lost Colombia parcel is back!
I had to pay back the whole 180 E refund. The parcel looked like the one shown above, the once mint looking record's sleeves looked similar to the parcel! I couldn't even re-sell any of them!
just curious (I live in Colombia), which records do you sent in the package and from where do you ship? Never heard before of a package so damaged and returned to the seller. I'm sorry btw, this thread is indeed pure merciless HORROR!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

whiteravenmetal wrote:
Prowler wrote:Yep, imagine there was vinyl inside ...
I once sent a parcel with about 20 records to Colombia, all new/mint. The parcel disappeared, I got 180 E paid by german post service. 3 years later saturday morning the postman did knock at my door. The lost Colombia parcel is back!
I had to pay back the whole 180 E refund. The parcel looked like the one shown above, the once mint looking record's sleeves looked similar to the parcel! I couldn't even re-sell any of them!
just curious (I live in Colombia), which records do you sent in the package and from where do you ship? Never heard before of a package so damaged and returned to the seller. I'm sorry btw, this thread is indeed pure merciless HORROR!
I shipped from Germany ... and basically ALL parcels I got from Colombia looked like thrown thru a flesh press ... but that particular parcel was the crowning of all my colombian mail experiences.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
whiteravenmetal

Post by whiteravenmetal »

I shipped from Germany ... and basically ALL parcels I got from Colombia looked like thrown thru a flesh press ... but that particular parcel was the crowning of all my colombian mail experiences.
that really sucks, me and my friends have recieved a lot of packs from Germany before but never in that state.. Btw if there are any colombian records you're searching for let me know, I'll have one eye open ;)