Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Prowler

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post by Prowler »

It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Zombie Dance wrote:Unusually hig parcel for two unusally brutal lp (+1flyer).

Nice, love the Abhorer/Necrophile split...the Morbid Angel boot is the numbered firstpress?
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

The Knell wrote:

Nice, love the Abhorer/Necrophile split...the Morbid Angel boot is the numbered firstpress?
Yes i love Abhorer and Necrophile, crazy how this split lost his value, i'll never understand shit to market value... When i started being interrested in owning this it would have costed me 100 euros. Today i picked it up for basically nothing.

Yes the MA is the first press black vinyl, numbered and was actually still sealed (that's just sad that this crushing record was not listened to for years! but i'll make it up)
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Zombie Dance wrote:
The Knell wrote:

Yes i love Abhorer and Necrophile, crazy how this split lost his value, i'll never understand shit to market value... When i started being interrested in owning this it would have costed me 100 euros. Today i picked it up for basically nothing.

Yes the MA is the first press black vinyl, numbered and was actually still sealed (that's just sad that this crushing record was not listened to for years! but i'll make it up)
Same here actually. I was looking after it for years but always refrained from buying it until I got this for like 20€ one year ago. Maybe it's because of the recent Abhorer represses or SE-Asian black/death metal in general isn't hot shit anymore? I don't know...

Funny, several months ago I got this Morbid Angel press sealed as well. French seller?
we're eat babies flesh
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Nope, Netherlands.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

The Abhorer stuff is some of the most bestial Death Metal on vinyl ever! Shame that they regret it nowadays ...
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

BTW that "1001 Video Games" book got me curious, what is this about? :D
we're eat babies flesh
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

It's a book from a famous series of other "1001" like "1001 movies to see before dying" etc. This one reviews videogame from the origins to ps3, placing them in their historical context. Some well-known stuff and and some unknown gems. Pretty good book all in all, though not the best about that subject, i got one other in french (that was sold at an exhibition in Paris) that is amazingly complete, focusing on the influences between pop culture and videogame...
The Abhorer stuff is some of the most bestial Death Metal on vinyl ever! Shame that they regret it nowadays ...
I'm definitly with you on this one, amazing and brutal stuff. Though i think Tombcrusher, first drummer is still kinda part of the scene, he's the one who helped with the recent re-releases under thrashingfist prod.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Nothing special my friend. And not that heavy as their first LP.

DaN wrote:
chatzial wrote:Latest arrivals

Ahh.. The legendary French BLACK SUN :shock:
What's it like?
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Deathammer

Post by Deathammer »

Scored some Finnish semi rarities for a good price today! I'll post pics later with some other recent scores.

Loud Crowd - Goodheart/Carry On 7" (Poko Records 1988) 5€

V/A Heavy Metal & Live 12" (Poko Records 1981) 35€ This is really nice release.
V/A Rock Rallye 77 12" (Finnlevy 1977) 15€
V/A Kräk 'N Roll vol. 1 12" (Kräk! 1979) 5€ never heard or seen one before so bought it because of it's cheap price and it seemed interesting.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Black Coffee, Вольному - воля (Life Never Waits) LP, from Oxfam on Oldham St. in Manchester.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
msp

Post by msp »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:Black Coffee, Вольному - воля (Life Never Waits) LP, from Oxfam on Oldham St. in Manchester.
Fairtrade I hope... :lol:
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Keir

Post by Keir »

Deathammer wrote:V/A Rock Rallye 77 12" (Finnlevy 1977) 15€
V/A Kräk 'N Roll vol. 1 12" (Kräk! 1979) 5€ never heard or seen one before so bought it because of it's cheap price and it seemed interesting.
Nice finds! Don't know these 2. Anything good on them?
Deathammer

Post by Deathammer »

Keir wrote:
Deathammer wrote:V/A Rock Rallye 77 12" (Finnlevy 1977) 15€
Nice finds! Don't know these 2. Anything good on them?
Haven't got these yet, but they should be good at least they're really interesting releases. That Kräk compilation is a total obscurity to me. There's hardly any info of this. Tacklisting looks good enough and the first song is peformed by a person who nowdays is a famous congressman here in Finland!

Rock Rallye 77 is a compilation vinyl put together by a (now former) music magazine called Suosikki. In the cover there's a pic of Jimmy Page propably to make it more interesting release at the time hah. In the 70's they arranged a competition to rock bands outside Helsinki, Finland and a handful of the contestants were chosen to be on this record and what makes this record interesting is that in this record there's the first known recorded song of a legendary finnish heavy metal group 'Hard Rock Sallinen' and it's sung in finnish. Their later material was written in english. So you might call this vinyl a piece of finnish HM history and I'm glad I picked it up for that price as it's never sold in discogs for example and the lowest price is 45€

There's two HR Sallien tracks on that Heavy Metal & Live vinyl as well and it's a killer compilation overall. I think I've read a review of it here in Corroseum.

Here's a full vinyl rip. Enjoy you all!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9oL92abYv0