Industrial Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Cochino

Industrial Metal

Post by Cochino »

For many years, from time to time I would try to get into Industrial Metal but just couldn't. I've listened to Godflesh, Bloodstar, Prong but I just couldn't get to it. That was until last year, when I listened Sonic Violence's Jag'd and fucking loved it. I still can't get into Godflesh and those other bands I mentioned though.
Anybody has any other Industrial reccomendations, perhaps more similar to Sonic Violence?
msp

Re: Industrial Metal

Post by msp »

Never was my favourite genre. Godflesh are the best for me but you are not keen on them. Most of my others exposure comes from early 90's, bands like G.G.F.H., Skin Chamber, KMFDM & early Pitch shifter. You may like some of this stuff....
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Yeah, I've read that early PitchShifter was supposed to be good. I'm only familiar with their shitty later material so I always asumed they were a crappy band. And I don't like KMFDM but I will give the other two bands a listen.
Thanks.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Cochino wrote:Yeah, I've read that early PitchShifter was supposed to be good.
Yeah, the early works pound nicely. I second Skin Chamber, especially if you like Swans' Cop. Both SC albums end with some serious harsh noise.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

how about TREPONEM PAL, early KONG, MALHAVOC, SCORN (Vae Solis), SOULSTORM (Darkness Visible), GIGANDHI, maybe even OPTIMUM WOUND PROFILE and DEAD WORLD.

Regarding GODFLESH, I suggest you start with Streetcleaner, specifically with track 'Like Rats', then spiral, one before, one after, repeat, than repeat again, then one before one before and the one after the one after, and so on.

and if you wouldn't like CANDIRU, I don't know what else to offer you.
I am ... the One you warned me of
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

I dislike everything that was mentioned here.

And with dislike I mean I cant fcking stand that shyte for satan's sake.
We praise the blood that metal brings
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

OmenOfSteel wrote:I dislike everything that was mentioned here.

And with dislike I mean I cant fcking stand that shyte for satan's sake.
See you in another thread then.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Noisenik wrote:how about TREPONEM PAL, early KONG, MALHAVOC, SCORN (Vae Solis), SOULSTORM (Darkness Visible), GIGANDHI, maybe even OPTIMUM WOUND PROFILE and DEAD WORLD.

Regarding GODFLESH, I suggest you start with Streetcleaner, specifically with track 'Like Rats', then spiral, one before, one after, repeat, than repeat again, then one before one before and the one after the one after, and so on.

and if you wouldn't like CANDIRU, I don't know what else to offer you.
Yeah, I listened to Streetcleaner more than once and still couldn't get into it. Thanks for all those other reccomendations, I'll check them out and comment if I liked any of them.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

First private Godflesh LP is up for sale at ebay for some time now. Seems to seller found a rest stock. It's not very expensive.
I want to get rid off the Candiru single for some time now. It totally sucks. Definitely not like Pitchshifter or Godflesh sounding.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Never been a fan of this sub-genre. I don't like modern elements and unnecessary electronic equipment tainting my Metal.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

My experience with this subgenre is next to none: I heard a Godflesh song in a radio many years ago and did not like it at all.
I like Bloodstar, that is labelled as industrial, but I am not certain whether it actually belongs here. To me it sounds like if Hawkwind switched to playing speed/thrash, and that in turn sounded really interesting to me.
MechaBarbarian

Post by MechaBarbarian »

Herkus Monte wrote:My experience with this subgenre is next to none: I heard a Godflesh song in a radio many years ago and did not like it at all.
I like Bloodstar, that is labelled as industrial, but I am not certain whether it actually belongs here. To me it sounds like if Hawkwind switched to playing speed/thrash, and that in turn sounded really interesting to me.
Bloodstar were way ahead of their time! '' Dawn'' sounds like Doom/Death Metal to me and ''Ten Thousand Years'' makes me think of viking-era Bathory.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I remember having two Ministry cds in the early 90s. Hardware (the movie) made me buy them :P

But they did not last a lot... I cannot really say they suck ^^; just not my cup of tea.
Last edited by Helstar on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Ever tried Saw Throat's Inde$troy? Mixes other elements as well, but maybe it could satisfy you.

I would suggest giving Dead World a listen, but since you don't like Godflesh, chances are they will leave you cold.

I am not very knowledgeable on this genre, from what I've heard so far Streetcleaner is the undisputed king. One of the most misanthropic and nihilistic recordings that have ever reached my ears... You breed... Like rats...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

ION BRITTON wrote:I am not very knowledgeable on this genre, from what I've heard so far Streetcleaner is the undisputed king. One of the most misanthropic and nihilistic recordings that have ever reached my ears... You breed... Like rats...
Lyrically and atmospherically yes, although I find them quite listenable, as opposed to most of modern things. How about FETISH 69 and Lo Flux Tube era OLD LADY DRIVERS?
I am ... the One you warned me of