Worst Metal Bandnames

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Worst Metal Bandnames

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Yes i mean bandnames that although they play awesome music their name is very bad or unmatched for what they play.

Some examples:
U8-Although a fave band(especially the debut) their name(too AORshit name) always reminded me of U2 :evil:

Or what about Future Tense their music is unsuitable for such a band name.And after all what's special with naming your band especially when you play thrash/speed ''Future Tense''.

Matakopas-a pretty awful name.I wondered what it means.The band is one of the best US metal bands though.

Hey i don't want you to refer every awful bandname mentioned there( www.metal-archives.com )that you have never heard their music and probably you don't like it.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I always found METALLICA one of the most silly names for a band. :roll:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Helm

Post by Helm »

Gory Blister

Maohni Moahna (whom I love dearly) also have a silly name.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

ION BRITTON wrote:I always found METALLICA one of the most silly names for a band. :roll:
Seconded, I've always found that's one of the most stupid name ever !
otakon

Post by otakon »

i laughed when i heard of this new korean thrash band called SEXFUCK :lol:
jman

Post by jman »

one band I heard from this site that has one of the dumest (:))names ever, is uh: Dum Dum Bullet. Great music, silly name.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

ION BRITTON wrote:I always found METALLICA one of the most silly names for a band. :roll:
I too thought it was silly in the vein it means nothing - is only derived from word "Metal". Until I haven't heard about this: :!:

(with the help of Wikipedia)
De re metallica (Latin for On the Nature of Metals (Minerals)) is a book cataloging the state of the art of mining, refining, and smelting metals, published in 1556, written by Georg Bauer, whose pen name was the latinized Georgius Agricola. The book remained the authoritative text on mining for 250 years after its publication.

I just wonder whether they knew this at the time bandname was confirmed. Or if they know this today.
I am ... the One you warned me of
DMR

Post by DMR »

Me too. It's like they only spent five seconds trying to come up with a name. "We play metal, let's call the band Metallica!" Band names don't get any more generic than that, unless there's a band out there called The Heavy Metal Band.

I've always thought Savatage was a silly sounding name.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Necrodeath: the structure of word sounds very "Metal", but the meaning is almost embarassing if it exists.
I am ... the One you warned me of
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

HELVETETS PORT
LAAZ ROCKIT
MALAKIS REIGN
MALACHIA
RAVEN BLACK KNIGHT
SHADOWKEEP
VITRUVIAN
WRETCH
WILD PUSSY

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hilarious names, great bands though!
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

BlackStele wrote:HELVETETS PORT
No way! GRRRREAT name for a band if you ask me. How many new bands nowdays do you see using their native language when naming their band? I see this as an homage to acts like SORTILEGE, RESISTENCIA, ARIA, NATTSVART etc..

GHANDI must be one of the worst, most unMetal bandnames ever. Their music were pretty tedious too. Imagine that Indian skeleton in studded leather and zebra-spandex.. Ouch!

While ACCEPT will always be one of my top-5 fave bands I never really understood what the hell they were thinking. Accept bloody what?? Their sexually ambivalent lyrics? Go figure...
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

DaN wrote:
BlackStele wrote:HELVETETS PORT
No way! GRRRREAT name for a band if you ask me. How many new bands nowdays do you see using their native language when naming their band? I see this as an homage to acts like SORTILEGE, RESISTENCIA, ARIA, NATTSVART etc..[guote="DaN"]

Naaahhh!!! :D It just sounds in my language funny. Another one VERY funy: TERASBETONI :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by BlackStele on Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Brainbiter

Post by Brainbiter »

Metallica sounds a bit stupid but we've already got used to it.

Ulysses Siren and Flotsam and Jetsam are rather uninteresting names.
"The destruction of a thousand billion sea creatures to satisfy man's appetite for metal is insane"

Days Of The Locust. My blog o' movies.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

ULYSSES SIREN is a great, very Metal-sounding name if you ask me. Still haven't heard them though :oops:

F&J is a bloody awful name for a band that probably made one of America's 5 bestest Speed Metal albums ever. (That would be "Doomsday For The Deciever"..)

Japan seem to have a thing for producing bands with horrible names. How about SPERMA for instance :lol:
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

How about SPERMA for instance

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: