Bargains?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Khnud wrote:So technically if you have a garage sale, you need to pay income tax on all items sold there too? Even kids selling their toys to the neighbour's kids?

As a Swede, who is used to very high taxes, this makes little if no sense to me. As you say, it's totally impossible to control. Laws that are completely ungovernable should be either altered or removed, in order to improve the efficiency of the government. My two cents.

Makes me curious though, if I sell +20K on ebay.com will Paypal report me to the IRS even though I'm not an American?
I would think Not since you dont have a SS# in the USA or an address.

You have to make X total for the year before you pay tax. so No a little kid selling toys does not have to pay tax. BUT a person with a job who is already paying taxes has a garage sale and makes money then YES you are supposed to pay tax on that money. AND you cant have more then X amount on Garage sales a year before they say it is a Business and you get taxed even more. Also in the USA I have to pay Federal Tax and State Tax (Not all states have Tax) but GA does, Once you are declared a Business they add a local County Tax.
"I am NOT a collector"
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

My uncle is a CPA and partner at his firm and I highly doubt even he claims the income he makes from garage sales :lol:

In fact I'm quite sure practically no one reports such income, but they'll certainly claim deductions on the crap that doesn't sell so they donate to goodwill.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

I'm just saying thats what the law states, Not the folks do it.

Have you ever been to a Record convention when the IRS shows up looking for your Tax ID #?? I've seen this twice it the past 25 years but it does happen.

I have also been at 2 shows when the Fed's show up looking for Bootlegs. And have confiscated 1000's of Records/CD's/Videos....
"I am NOT a collector"
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

How do the Feds identify bootleg records? Just curious as it seems a lot of collectors can't even tell the difference at times. I mean some guy selling DVD-Rs in a pawn shop is pretty obvious but it seems crazy to me the US gov't is out crate digging looking for bootleg LPs.

I don't doubt your word as you certainly know a lot more about this sort of thing than I do but it just seems absurd. Your tax dollars well spent :P
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

What happen was, they walked around the show and if they saw what they thought was a boot they made note (Things like older TMOQ) are pretty easy to tell. Live shows are easy I am NOT talking Solar Eagle.

Then they came in and just put a tarp over your whole table. If they could tell you had 1 boot. Thay sat there and wrote you a ticket and took ALL your records Boots or not. you had to go and Pay the fine and Pay to get your records back (this took over 6 months) But yes folks got back there records (the ones determend to Not be boots)

Like I said I saw this twice once at the Texas Austin Show and once in PA

That is why most shows stopped having folks selling videos in the mid 90's
"I am NOT a collector"
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

perishinflames wrote: And no I don't pay taxes, I'm small time selling things I don't want anymore not consistently selling big rarities like you do.
I have to ask what you ment by this sir.

Is there a differance? Just because you dont sell 20k you shouldn't have to pay taxes?

I'm very sorry but if I sell 20k and have to pay taxes I dont see why the guy selling 2K shouldnt have to pay also. Thats kind of crap to me.

This is not my Job, This is Only a hobby
"I am NOT a collector"
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310946197998?ss ... 1439.l2649

Thank you very much. Let's just hope it arrives without seam splits.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Khnud wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/310946197998?ss ... 1439.l2649

Thank you very much. Let's just hope it arrives without seam splits.

Congratulations! What a bargain! Sealed copies are always a risk :)
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Yeah, I got a sealed Iron Gypsy not long ago that unfortunately looked like a bowl and could not be played.

I don't live in Texas, but I'm going to try this during the summer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzCuRGEeFMo
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Khnud wrote:Yeah, I got a sealed Iron Gypsy not long ago that unfortunately looked like a bowl and could not be played.

I don't live in Texas, but I'm going to try this during the summer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzCuRGEeFMo
After he finally fixed the record it still remains unplayed for all the scratches he's done by his handling. :lol:

As you can see the big waves disappeared but there are still lots of small ones, so it would be interesting to hear if it plays acceptable at least.
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

ahaha crazy! I have the Roxx ep warped, can´t listen to 1st tracks from itch side But surely not even try to fix it!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Sure a bargain (but doesn't beat my 1,99 $ copy), but I think the two 1 track 12 Inches are MUCH better and heavier. The 7" is a story of it's own. I'd like to hear the complete unreleased album ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
lunaboy

Re: Bargains? (2013)

Post by lunaboy »

Anyone looking for OBSCURE German Steele check this out. Quite Decent sounding 7" record here . I have personal copy but if you're into German 80's metal Buy it ( and Ignore Hard Rock tag on Discogs) :

https://www.discogs.com/Fair-Warning11- ... se/9735018
Khnud

Re: Bargains?

Post by Khnud »

US metal single, cheap BIN. Get 'em while they last!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DON-CAPPA-C-SE ... SwUwReh3a2
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
wicked keeper

Re: Bargains?

Post by wicked keeper »

Jeez...If that piece of crap was free it would still be a rip-off... :lol: