Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

and the test press

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EMERALD-ORIGINA ... 19ead196b7

maybe someone would release their stuff :D
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

The seller is prohably an ex-member of this band so if anyone wants to re-release their stuff you better get in touch NOW! :lol:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Cyrcka wrote:just posted a couple hours ago... btw like a lot this 7" (i think Prowler don´t :lol: )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THEATRICS-Decei ... 1307514774

the end:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THEATRICS-Decei ... 7675.l2557
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Way higher than I predicted, and melodicmetalhead didn't even bid. Prices on rare US 7'' are soaring right now! I wonder what a sleeved copy of Sabotage - Gentle Minds would bring. I was certain Jim would have one, but apparently not.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Wonder what the Aidean 7" will go for as I bought several copies for 1 Euro in the past ...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/SG-Aidean-Livin- ... 53f82caacc

http://www.ebay.de/itm/AIDEAN-Livin-lov ... 1e88fdb974
martinsane

Post by martinsane »

Prowler wrote:The seller is prohably an ex-member of this band so if anyone wants to re-release their stuff you better get in touch NOW! :lol:
From the add for the tape/reel:

Original master reel to reel tape of the New Jersey 80's metal band EMERALD. The tape includes 3 tracks: Ladies of the Night, Shoot for the Top, and High Roller. Ladies of the Night and High Roller were issued as a 7" single on their own independent label. The single was limited to a few hundred copies. The tape was recently discovered and was checked to be in working condition by a professional sound studio. From 1985-86. This is the only copy in existence. From the drummer of the bands private collection. 1/4 inch tape on 10" reel. PayPal instant bank withdrawal only due immediately after auction end.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

And what is the purpose of shelling $1000 when:

1) You still have to find the band and negotiate an official re-release

2) No one would care for a new release, every collector would want the original only as it has always been the case... You will never be able to recoup such investment on a 3-trk EP.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

A real bootleg king does not ask the band!!! :wink:
And a 7" that includes a 3rd unknown track would make the single selling easily. Plus the fact it would be cheap compared to the original would be a plus point too. I don't know if it's good Metal but if so it would be another plus point. Just see all those crappy Phoenix Records NWOBHM single bootlegs ... they got sold out quickly and the Virtue 7" sells for 50 E plus each time!!! It does not have any extra track at all ... :wink:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

A real "bootleg king" does not care for a proper sound source.

Besides, its neither good or even metal. Take out the collector's value of the original single, and all you have left are two average AOR songs...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

And why are collectors paying big money for it then if it's average AOR? Just to have it? And I got mocked when there's a 5 $ heavy AOR 7" in my purchases each month? :lol:
lox

Post by lox »

Stormspell wrote:A real "bootleg king" does not care for a proper sound source.

Besides, its neither good or even metal. Take out the collector's value of the original single, and all you have left are two average AOR songs...
1. True.

2. Havent heard the single myself but I trust you on that, if it's just that, then it would be suicidal to re-press even 300 copies of it. I just got rid of average stuff, no need to get one again, original or reissue.

But who knows maybe the secret third track is THE HAMMER we all been waiting for. :)
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Well, one's junk is another man's treasure. I'm probably not the best person to judge it as I always thought bands like X-caliber to be awful and mega-cheesy AOR yet there are tons of people which love it and think its the epitome of power metal, so...

A bootleg EP re-release with the 3rd track as bonus would probably sell good enough riding the coat-tail of the hype. We just have to wait and see who will be bold enough to give it a try.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Which X-Caliber? The warrior cover LP?
I'm with you on that. Except of the first 2 trax which are geat Epic Metal, the rest of the album is ULTRA cheesy shit. 200 $??? hahaha What a musical garbage ...

Here's another such a boring Hard Rock sucker that one guy labeled once essential and it each time sells for good money.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/201062276059?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT

Not a single listenable track on it! All hail Debutante!!! :D
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

My Deepest Regrets - MASTERPIECE.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL