Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Cyrcka wrote:
Prowler wrote:
lox wrote:
This & that: well known sellers with good reputation always get better prices, especially if the seller offers alot of rarities at the same time. See m-rulez, he sells sometimes very common stuff for 2x the price that I would get.

anywho, while Im at it:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMETHYST-Take-M ... 19e96c96d7

Anyone saw that single in this PS before? The band confirmed they sold or gave it away without sleeve, later with the band pic PS. Maybe promo copies?
Not to forget that the band still has many of these singles in stock and giving it away for free.

However seller m-rulez is a mysterium. He even could sell a stinky "Reign in blood" for 56 Euros a couple of weeks ago!!! :D

and a spiritual healing for 100 euros, etc etc etc etc all auctions from mr rulez increased a lot in the last years, and i don´t think that are any fake bifs or something. So who are these people who give a lot for a suppose normal lp, which it can be bought for much less on ebay?
If I'd know that myself I'd personally visit them all and explaining how to use the ebay search function! :wink:
Sometimes it's really not funny anymore. There are 7 Slayer "Reign in blood" LP's for sale at the same time, some of them for 29,99 E buy-now (which is already an absurd price), but how stupid I have to be to bid even 20 E more than that??? I just don't get it ... :?:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Decibel_Rebel

Post by Decibel_Rebel »

Prowler wrote:
Cyrcka wrote:
Prowler wrote:
Not to forget that the band still has many of these singles in stock and giving it away for free.

However seller m-rulez is a mysterium. He even could sell a stinky "Reign in blood" for 56 Euros a couple of weeks ago!!! :D

and a spiritual healing for 100 euros, etc etc etc etc all auctions from mr rulez increased a lot in the last years, and i don´t think that are any fake bifs or something. So who are these people who give a lot for a suppose normal lp, which it can be bought for much less on ebay?
If I'd know that myself I'd personally visit them all and explaining how to use the ebay search function! :wink:
Sometimes it's really not funny anymore. There are 7 Slayer "Reign in blood" LP's for sale at the same time, some of them for 29,99 E buy-now (which is already an absurd price), but how stupid I have to be to bid even 20 E more than that??? I just don't get it ... :?:
The thing with M-Rulez. I can't prove that he uses shill-bidding, but on the other hand he sells the same items sometimes five weeks in a row. Some of them are not easy to find, so I can't believe he gets across those records every few days.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Decibel_Rebel wrote:
Prowler wrote:
Cyrcka wrote:

The thing with M-Rulez. I can't prove that he uses shill-bidding, but on the other hand he sells the same items sometimes five weeks in a row. Some of them are not easy to find, so I can't believe he gets across those records every few days.
He's also buyer ... he's bought several records from me so far under a different nick of course and then 1 week later sold them. So he's seller and buyer. Buying cheap and selling high.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

nightsblood wrote:
Prowler wrote:Why are you that afraid? Didn't you want to sell parts of your house? You'll win that EP for sure!! :wink:

Btw. his auctions are always "funny".
Here we go.......
Last time he was able to sell a Requiem (UK) "Angel of sin" 7" for about 30 $ while the same time there was a new unplayed copy up for 10 GBP with buy-now option. :lol:
$30 is close to the average price for that record, and lots of folks do not check ebay.uk. But please, don't let the facts get in the way of your attempt to troll another high profile collector/dealer.
Here are some other "funny" things about his auctions:
--he's been known to send a replacement copy free of charge for some items when there's a disagreement over the record's condition and didn't even ask for the first copy to be returned.
--he starts his auctions at the insane, greedy price of $5 each with no reserve.
--he answers every question that is asked.
--he's been widely known among HM collectors as a nice and honest guy for over 20 years.
I'm wet!! Can't imagine how John feels...
Never trust the Goblin King....
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Record prices are soaring! Is the Ukraine/Russia crisis causing people to invest their money in vinyl rather than on Wall Street?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301112128740?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

QUEST is already $406 and TORA ORPHAN $1,075 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are living is strange times!!!!!!!!
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

chatzial wrote: TORA ORPHAN $1,075 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are living is strange times!!!!!!!!

crazy!! 775.50 euros
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

And the winner is the guy who has 41 bid retractions the last month. I really hope Jim gets paid!
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Trigger wrote:I'm wet!! Can't imagine how John feels...

What does this mean? please
"I am NOT a collector"
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Another Panda:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/201045917956?ssP ... 1435.l2649

Now tell me again Poser Metal is an unloved business ... :wink:
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Glockose wrote:
Trigger wrote:I'm wet!! Can't imagine how John feels...

What does this mean? please
It means I wish I had a fan
Never trust the Goblin King....
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Huh, I still don't get it. :?:
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Khnud wrote:Huh, I still don't get it. :?:
"I am NOT a collector"
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Khnud wrote:Huh, I still don't get it. :?:
I think Trigger's 'joke' is that Jim and John's "fans" (me in this case) flatter Jim & John so much that it's getting Trigger wet (i.e., sexually aroused), and if the flattery affects him so strongly, then Jim and John must feel an even stronger effect. His joke doesn't work at all for several reasons:
1- He has a history of whining about people who buy and sell records for "high" prices. His 'joke' is thus just another cheap shot at those mean ol' "big-time" dealers.
2- It's a well-established fact that Jim and John are nice to their customers, so it's absurd to make a 'joke' when someone says Jim and John are nice to their customers.
3- His grasp of English stinks.

So to recap:
Prowler started making accusations about Jim rigging his auctions.
I called Prowler on his BS.
Trigger jumped in to take a cheap shot at Jim, John, and me.

If Trigger wants to call me a fan of two reputable dealers with a long history of being nice to people, that's fine. Trigger seems to be a fan of Prowler, which makes sense given how much they both whine about dealers and people who pay more than $19 for a record.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I actually didn't interpret Prowler's post as a hint of Jim's auctions being rigged, maybe that's why I didn't get it. I'm still not sure that's what Prowler meant either.

And why would person A's flattery of person B make person C sexually aroused?

Huh, I still don't get it. :-D

What I do know is that Jim/John have been two of the most premier obscure metal dealers for more than 15 years (perhaps longer), with flawless reputation. This alone can mean prices go up, the more comfortable bidders are with the seller, the easier it is to spend $$$. Good customer service will get you a long way in any business.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight