Bootleg Warning Thread - CD

...and all CD issues goes here.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Listen, it's not a joke, he is really dead. We can only guess Who is standing behind this dirty business
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Who is selling the Gammacide ? The brother ? Did he know the passwords and everything else for ebay/paypal/etc ?

Anyway, if he's really dead I'm not so sad for him.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Yakish wrote:Listen, it's not a joke, he is really dead. We can only guess Who is standing behind this dirty business
Really? In any case he uses different name now since he bought from me a couple of times & it's not "Andrey".
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Yakish wrote:Listen, it's not a joke, he is really dead. We can only guess Who is standing behind this dirty business
One thing we know is that he is not just selling the old stock of the ofiginal thrashman, but also new stock like gammacide, which didn't exist a few months ago.
Parcas Sangrientas

Post by Parcas Sangrientas »

Anyone know if there is a boot of Gehenna "First spell"(HNF)
I saw a used copy in excellent condition in a record store,wanted to make sure before buying..
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Yes I noticed it also from the usual italian bootleg reseller ... bah :?

http://www.ebay.it/itm/NECRONOMICON-Esc ... 1253523132
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

I have a problem with a seller on Discogs. He sold me a CD and when I got it today I could see that it obviously was a bootleg. And it seems I'm not the first one this happens to. But I have also noticed that when people give him negative feedback he gets aggressive and leaves negative feedback back. Since my feedback as a buyer is 100 I obviously don't want to get any negativity back.
So how the hell can I solve this shitty problem?
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Destrozer wrote:I have a problem with a seller on Discogs. He sold me a CD and when I got it today I could see that it obviously was a bootleg. And it seems I'm not the first one this happens to. But I have also noticed that when people give him negative feedback he gets aggressive and leaves negative feedback back. Since my feedback as a buyer is 100 I obviously don't want to get any negativity back.
So how the hell can I solve this shitty problem?
Will you let this guy continue selling bootlegs?

If he sold the bootleg cd as a legit/official one, slam the guy hard.
And write this specifically in the feedback so other people can read it.

Don't care about a 100% feedback. As long as you pay up front it should not be a problem at all.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Exactly, and post his name everywhere.
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

Parcas Sangrientas wrote:Anyone know if there is a boot of Gehenna "First spell"(HNF)
I saw a used copy in excellent condition in a record store,wanted to make sure before buying..
Don't think there's a boot of it. Why would anyone make a bootleg of a non-expensive and easy to find cd? However, I'm pretty sure there was a reprint of a lot of HNF releases few years ago. Don't know how to tell the differrence. You'll need to compare it with a 100% original, then you'll probably notice slight colour difference or something, but the matrix is probably the same. It could also be a more obvious difference, like a barcode on the reprint and the original not having one. This is the case with the Ulver releases on HNF.
Vampallens

Post by Vampallens »

Fabeldyr wrote:
Parcas Sangrientas wrote:Anyone know if there is a boot of Gehenna "First spell"(HNF)
Don't think there's a boot of it. Why would anyone make a bootleg of a non-expensive and easy to find cd? However, I'm pretty sure there was a reprint of a lot of HNF releases few years ago. Don't know how to tell the differrence. You'll need to compare it with a 100% original, then you'll probably notice slight colour difference or something, but the matrix is probably the same. It could also be a more obvious difference, like a barcode on the reprint and the original not having one. This is the case with the Ulver releases on HNF.
Also matrix reissues differ.
Parcas Sangrientas

Post by Parcas Sangrientas »

I buy it(4 euros),I guess it's original,no barcode.
The same store has STONE"Emotional playground" :?
Thanks guys.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

http://www.ebay.de/itm/INVOCATOR-EXCURS ... 0786131091

"Year: 1991 / 2014 RUSSIAN REISSUE"

Warepire

Post by Warepire »

With that grammar the item location is surely fake.