Recent Metal Finds (2013)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Agreed. There are only a handful of Metal CD's released prior from my experience.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Helstar wrote:
Yakish wrote: P.S: On picture above one of CDs now is the oldest cd in my collection. Who knows which one?
It's Saxon "Crusader".
Finally! Thanks! Answer Heathen and Avenger: this one really exactly from 1984. Made on first pressing plant in Europe in Hannover at the same time with famous "Target Face" CDs. I am also desperately looking for "Power And The Glory" from the same period also on Carrere. These are ancient CDs with non-remastered analogue sound. Shame to Saxon collectors who believe that first pressing were on EMI
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

what is the full matrix of this 1984 Saxon CD?
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Two CD's:

Drakkar - X-Rated Reloaded
Black Virgin - Sinister Sister (re-release of the album and two demos)

Both great purchases as far as I am concerned.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Zdan wrote:Black Virgin - Sinister Sister (re-release of the album and two demos)
Didn't know about this, hell I didn't even know demos existed. Are they good? I have the LP but should probably get this if they're worthwhile.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

perishinflames wrote:
Zdan wrote:Black Virgin - Sinister Sister (re-release of the album and two demos)
Didn't know about this, hell I didn't even know demos existed. Are they good? I have the LP but should probably get this if they're worthwhile.
The two demos included are here are 1990 "Sledgehammer Justice" and 1994 "Aural Sects For The Blind". Both are very very good. Obviously the production is rough (but not much rougher than the album) but the songs themselves follow the style of the album. There is more emphasis on aggression and speed at times and some thrash is thrown into the mix but overall the demos are excellent. I highly reccomend this.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Great, will definitely pick it up when I have a chance.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Katedra - Natus in Articulo Mortis LP
Kruiz - Kruiz 1 LP (looks like a Latvian press)
vansinne

Post by vansinne »

Recent Japanese purchases:

Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

I came into a large collection of Canadian Metal lps, already got almost 100 of them and waiting for more in the mail. Some of the highlights include all the Canada released Iron Maiden studio lps including the SOmewhere inTime Record Club press. Lots of NWOBHM and private Hard Rock stuff like Nytrix, Excalibur, Ezy Ryder, Green Metal, Black Wych, Jett Black, Chain Reaction, first 3 Killer Dwarfs lps, Moose Molten Metal Vols 1 & 2, Metal For Breakfast, Metal for Lunch, Hunter, all the Canada release Motorhead lps, Kiss The Originals complete, Jaguar (This Time), bunch of Judas Priest and Black Sabbath, and a lot more. Some of it will end up on the trading block once I decide what fits my collection and what does not. The seller is an old man who bought a collection back in the early 90s and does not listen to any Metal. He says he has several 7" Metal records also. I have been taking it easy with him, letting him message me with stuff as he gets to it. Hoping there is a Banshee in there somewhere and a few others I have been chasing for years. I have 42 more lps coming this week
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Northwinds wrote:I came into a large collection of Canadian Metal lps, already got almost 100 of them and waiting for more in the mail. Some of the highlights include all the Canada released Iron Maiden studio lps including the SOmewhere inTime Record Club press. Lots of NWOBHM and private Hard Rock stuff like Nytrix, Excalibur, Ezy Ryder, Green Metal, Black Wych, Jett Black, Chain Reaction, first 3 Killer Dwarfs lps, Moose Molten Metal Vols 1 & 2, Metal For Breakfast, Metal for Lunch, Hunter, all the Canada release Motorhead lps, Kiss The Originals complete, Jaguar (This Time), bunch of Judas Priest and Black Sabbath, and a lot more. Some of it will end up on the trading block once I decide what fits my collection and what does not. The seller is an old man who bought a collection back in the early 90s and does not listen to any Metal. He says he has several 7" Metal records also. I have been taking it easy with him, letting him message me with stuff as he gets to it. Hoping there is a Banshee in there somewhere and a few others I have been chasing for years. I have 42 more lps coming this week
Why does this never happen to me? :(
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

Warepire wrote:
Northwinds wrote:I came into a large collection of Canadian Metal lps, already got almost 100 of them and waiting for more in the mail. Some of the highlights include all the Canada released Iron Maiden studio lps including the SOmewhere inTime Record Club press. Lots of NWOBHM and private Hard Rock stuff like Nytrix, Excalibur, Ezy Ryder, Green Metal, Black Wych, Jett Black, Chain Reaction, first 3 Killer Dwarfs lps, Moose Molten Metal Vols 1 & 2, Metal For Breakfast, Metal for Lunch, Hunter, all the Canada release Motorhead lps, Kiss The Originals complete, Jaguar (This Time), bunch of Judas Priest and Black Sabbath, and a lot more. Some of it will end up on the trading block once I decide what fits my collection and what does not. The seller is an old man who bought a collection back in the early 90s and does not listen to any Metal. He says he has several 7" Metal records also. I have been taking it easy with him, letting him message me with stuff as he gets to it. Hoping there is a Banshee in there somewhere and a few others I have been chasing for years. I have 42 more lps coming this week
Why does this never happen to me? :(
I'm asking it myself as well....my father recently acquired 600 LPs for free and no single Metal LP.....
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Ah c'mon this happens every second month to me! I already have to refuse records coz I don't know where to store them anymore! :twisted:

It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Prowler wrote:Ah c'mon this happens every second month to me! I already have to refuse records coz I don't know where to store them anymore! :twisted:
Next time tell your friends to send them to me :lol:
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail