Aurophon "Brainstorm" CD series bootlegs

...and all CD issues goes here.
Totalthrash

Death Squad cds

Post by Totalthrash »

Wow, relax.

I am not attempting to explain the other pressing, I was only stating my opinion
on the matter because I think my opinion on this subject is relevant. I have had my
Death Squad cd for a long time and long before any bootlegs were being produced
and circulated throughout the world.

If you think I am making this up, that is fine but I have had my cd longer than
you have had yours so maybe there are different pressings.

In another thread there were mentions of some of the UOF cds having slightly different matrixes. Also, the Death - Scream Bloody Gore cds were being mentioned as having
some with a "mastered by nimbus" matrix and some with a "made by discovery systems" matrix. How is this any different?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

your remark is totally relevant and it goes some way to proving that there are simply two legitimate pressings of this CD. Which is what I always assumed anyway.
Avenger

Re: Death Squad cds

Post by Avenger »

Totalthrash wrote:Wow, relax.

I am not attempting to explain the other pressing, I was only stating my opinion
on the matter because I think my opinion on this subject is relevant. I have had my
Death Squad cd for a long time and long before any bootlegs were being produced
and circulated throughout the world.

If you think I am making this up, that is fine but I have had my cd longer than
you have had yours so maybe there are different pressings.

In another thread there were mentions of some of the UOF cds having slightly different matrixes. Also, the Death - Scream Bloody Gore cds were being mentioned as having
some with a "mastered by nimbus" matrix and some with a "made by discovery systems" matrix. How is this any different?
Combat and UOF were way larger labels with larger/multiple pressing runs.

I have a hard time believing there to be several different pressings of a small limited series on a label that didn't even specialize in Metal music.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

That could happen. For instance Sacramentum "Far away for the sun" album on Adipocere has at least two pressings (one with DADC matrix dtyle, one with Distronics). Same as first Holy Records release, "Parade Into Centuries" by Nightfall (one with DADC, one with MPO). And they were both small labels.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Shimrod wrote:That could happen. For instance Sacramentum "Far away for the sun" album on Adipocere has at least two pressings (one with DADC matrix dtyle, one with Distronics). Same as first Holy Records release, "Parade Into Centuries" by Nightfall (one with DADC, one with MPO). And they were both small labels.
Are any of these part of a series? No.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I finally got again a Darkness cd on Aurophon, and it's the LORDISC version, different than the one I had until a dozen of years ago.
I can safely say 100% that this is not a bootleg (also because I bought many other cds from the same seller and all are genuine). The inlays quality, the cd design (it is quite thick too), all the writings on the top cd side are perfectly defined, everything is smooth ! Also the matrix is exactly the same of Heathen copy.
So, if Avenger says his copy is a boot, then it's a fake replica of this one, or maybe he is wrong ^^ but we will never know (he's gone...so...)

http://helstar.altervista.org/deathsquad.jpg
Avenger

Re:

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote:I finally got again a Darkness cd on Aurophon, and it's the LORDISC version, different than the one I had until a dozen of years ago.
I can safely say 100% that this is not a bootleg (also because I bought many other cds from the same seller and all are genuine). The inlays quality, the cd design (it is quite thick too), all the writings on the top cd side are perfectly defined, everything is smooth ! Also the matrix is exactly the same of Heathen copy.
So, if Avenger says his copy is a boot, then it's a fake replica of this one, or maybe he is wrong ^^ but we will never know (he's gone...so...)

http://helstar.altervista.org/deathsquad.jpg
Obviously your eye is not as good as mine.
Helstar

Re: Aurophon "Brainstorm" CD series bootlegs

Post by Helstar »

Meanwhile (while Corro was dead) I obtained a different version of S.D.I. debut on Aurophon, I still have a photo of both versions in a general "S.D.I. collection" pic I made, as you can see one cd is "made in W.Germany" and the other one is "made in France" http://helstar.altervista.org/sdi2.jpg

And this is a detail of the "Lordisc" made in France version: http://helstar.altervista.org/sdi.jpg

Needless to say, they all look 100% genuine. Make your own conclusions... and stop being a pain in the a$$ :P
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I believe I still have both versions as well. Comparing the 2 sids by side is where you'll see the difference. That's where my conclusion was made.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Uurophon not only used two pressing plants for the Brainstorm series, but also a third:
http://www.discogs.com/Gravestone-Creat ... se/4699165
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Avenger wrote:I believe I still have both versions as well. Comparing the 2 sids by side is where you'll see the difference. That's where my conclusion was made.
I compared my Darkness with the "Lordisc" S.D.I. too. They look genuine, notice the external semi-transparent ring too.
And don't start again with "you're wrong my eyes are better" :P
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote:
Avenger wrote:I believe I still have both versions as well. Comparing the 2 sids by side is where you'll see the difference. That's where my conclusion was made.
I compared my Darkness with the "Lordisc" S.D.I. too. They look genuine, notice the external semi-transparent ring too.
And don't start again with "you're wrong my eyes are better" :P
I haven't compared the two recently as the bootleg is currently in a box somewhere but going back and reading my comments the disc is also of a lower quality which supports my opinion. You have to look at more then just the matrix area which also supports my opinion if you look beyond what the stamped text reads.

Either way, this is just beating a dead horse at this point. Believe what you like.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:Uurophon not only used two pressing plants for the Brainstorm series, but also a third:
http://www.discogs.com/Gravestone-Creat ... se/4699165
There's another CD in the series also pressed at this plant, with the "CD-CZECHOSLOVAKIA" matrix prefix although the title escapes me at the moment. Either way, I never debated that the label may have used different pressing plants. My argument was that it's doubtful such a small limited series on a label that didn't specialize in Metal music pressed multiple different pressings of the same release. It's common for many labels to use different pressing plants.