FAITH

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
mordred

FAITH

Post by mordred »

"FAITH on the other hand reformed in the mid 90's and released their more progressive debut album "Salvation Lies Within" in 2003".

I don't know why I keep hearing that all the time. Salvation Lies Within is NOT proggy. It's total power doom in the good old Trouble tradition. And why shouldn't it be? Almost all of the songs, like Dark Fate, Cloak of Darkness, The Maze, Cornucopia, Searching (Through Darkness) etc, harkens back to their 80's demo days. The cd version even carries both tracks from the 7" re-recorded, and the new "Possession" is doomy as hell. Don't miss out on this, it's a must have!

BTW the lyrics for the Possession is "Possession of nightmares and nothing else... :D
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

BTW the lyrics for the Possession is "Possession of nightmares and nothing else...
No. It's raindeers. Raindeers have horns. Horns are evil. So is being possessed. Ergo...

Post by Guest »

DaN wrote:
BTW the lyrics for the Possession is "Possession of nightmares and nothing else...
No. It's raindeers. Raindeers have horns. Horns are evil. So is being possessed. Ergo...
Reindeers aren't evil. They're fucking insipid and harmless, but for sure one of the most annoying creatures on the face of this earth. Believe me, I grew up with reindeers practically all around. :D
mordred

Post by mordred »

Above post was mine, forgot to login.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I wish someone had reissued the STORMBRINGER demo on vinyl instead of the new FAITH lp, which I couldn't get into. That modern guitar sound and recording just made me want to put the record away every time I tried to listen to it.
steelegacy

Post by steelegacy »

I totally agree with you Rob,the lp was a bit dissapointing for me compared to their old stuff!!!Swedish doom bands are killers!!!!kile Hels e.t.c!!!!
Witchfynde

Post by Witchfynde »

The little I´ve heard of the band has sure given me some really interesting vibes.

Hopefully they´ll blow my mind on this year´s edition of Sweden Rock Festival, since the lack of doom bands this year is almost pathetic.

NP: Faith - Hymn Of The Sinner (Great song).