Brofest(UK)#2 VARDIS, BASHFUL ALLEY, RITUAL PLUS MORE!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
BroUKPromotions

Brofest(UK)#2 VARDIS, BASHFUL ALLEY, RITUAL PLUS MORE!

Post by BroUKPromotions »

http://www.facebook.com/events/135200203326658

Bro(UK) Promotions, Beatdown Records, High Roller Records, Unsilent Tombs Records, Gabriel Management, Iron Fist Magazine, Rock Hard Magazine... proudly present a weekend of legendary NWOBHM!

Bands in alphabetical order:

AXIS(UK) - Stockton-based AXIS emerged in the latter part of 1970s, releasing the scarce "Lady" 7". After disbanding in the early 1980s, AXIS have reformed to play a special one-off gig close to their old stomping ground. The Flame still Burns On!

BERLYN(UK) - After splitting and going their separate ways back in 1983, BERLYN will be returning back to the stage 31 years later to rock Newcastle like never before! With only a demo released in their time together, these guys should have gone a lot further. Luckily 2 LPs worth of live material were released in the 00's, which is just all exceptionally well written rockers! Featuring Maurice Coyne and Alan Levitt of URCHIN fame.

DAMASCUS(UK) - Underground Scouse legends DAMASCUS started their venture into the NWOBHM circuit back in 1982, releasing 1 demo tape and the rare and absolutely thundering "Open Your Eyes" 7". Thankfully making a return to the stage after 3 decades, you know this is gonna be one for all you Dreamers out there!

DARK HEART(UK) - Northallerton's DARK HEART started life as Tokyo Rose, and after releasing a 7" they changed to the more original moniker of DARK HEART. In 1984 they released the absolutely fantastic "Shadows of the Night" 12" on Roadrunner Records. After a final 7" release in 1987, this great band unfortunately came to an end, but they are returning for a special one-off performance for all the fans at BROFEST!

ELIMINATOR(UK) - Massive UK spandex bros all the way from big curly haired country, aka Lancaster. This will be the band's debut gig in the northern wastelands of NWOBHM upon Tyne. Young(HAH!) lads playing classic heavy metal, drowned in rum! Outlaws on the Highway all over the M1!

GASKIN(UK) - After a short hiatus, Mr Gaskin and his cohorts will be returning to the stage at BROFEST. One of the most well known underground NWOBHM bands will be swinging its way all over the festival - tear off your capes and get Ready For Love!

HOLLOW GROUND(UK) - Local NWOBHM legends HOLLOW GROUND make a welcome return to the live scene. Formed in 1979 and releasing the now insanely rare "Warlord" 7" in 1980, the lads are back and Flying High once more!

PAGAN ALTAR(UK) - Brockley town cult heroes make their first ever appearance on a northern stage! Formed way back in 1978, the lads in PAGAN ALTAR cranked out some of, what turned into, the most influential Heavy Metal in the underground. The distinct combination of relatives Terry and Alan is unmistakable, prepare to bang your head and swing those hips like it's 1978 all over again!

RULER(UK) - Honorary UK bros from the London borough of Milan(UK)! One of the freshest, most traditional sounding Heavy Metal acts out in the scene today. Paying homage to all the great bands of the NWOBHM era, while giving it a twist of their own. RULER truly are one of the forerunners of the current Traditional Heavy Metal revival!

SPARTA(UK) - Mansfield's SPARTA hit the circuit around 1979, initially under the name Xerox, they released 2 singles and 1 split record (with Savage and Panza Division) despite only being together for a decade, breaking up around 1990. The "Fast Lane" and "Tonight" singles are some of the catchiest and rocking releases from that period, its a pleasure to bring these guys back for everyone!

TOLEDO STEEL(UK) - The youngest band on the bill, southern UK based bros TOLEDO STEEL have been working hard over the past year to make waves in the underground, busting with razor sharp riffs and soaring vocals, these guys sound as if they were rocking the Marquee back in 1981 - they weren't even born until a decade later! For fans of Judas Priest/Iron Maiden/Grim Reaper - true traditional British Heavy Metal!

TRAPPAZAT(UK) - A special one off reunion from Mr Disgusting Trousers himself, Paul Britton! TRAPPAZAT actually only released one record back in the forgotten era of 2012, a true gem in a sea of junk! Filled with fantastic dual guitars, slick solos and soaring squeals, TRAPPAZAT are back to rock one final time!

MORE BANDS SOON!

ALL AGES - Under 14s to be accompanied by an adult.

Friday 28th February 2014
Saturday 1st March 2014
Sunday 2nd March 2014

Ticket info:
£25 - Face Value
http://www.skiddle.com/events/11839220
International bros - please just select the "international postage" option!
All bros - Skiddle will look after your ticket and post them all out in early 2014, however if you really need one before please just e-mail order@bro.co.uk and we can try and sort it out for you!
Last edited by BroUKPromotions on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

I absolutely cannot wait to see Sparta live!
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Dark Stranger wrote:I absolutely cannot wait to see Sparta live!
Same here. I dare say this is my favourite NWOBHM band ever.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

What a bill !!! :shock:
I'll try to be there !!
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Yeah, looking good already. Dark Heart 'Shadows Of The Night' should sound excellent live. Throw in Pagan Altar, Gaskin.... looks like I'm heading back to Newcastle!
Dying Victims Prod

Post by Dying Victims Prod »

looks really cool...sparta and dark heart!
www.dyingvictims.com

Thrash Attack zine
Dying Victims Productions
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

what if i make the super expensive trip and it ends up being a bunch of old guys playing so-so covers of their 30 year´s old past :?

Im in the process of deciding what festival in Europe i will attend next year, Muskelrock,KIT or this....
BroUKPromotions

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:what if i make the super expensive trip and it ends up being a bunch of old guys playing so-so covers of their 30 year´s old past :?

Im in the process of deciding what festival in Europe i will attend next year, Muskelrock,KIT or this....
I suppose that could be said for KIT/Muskelrock or Brofest, haha. Maybe check the videos from last year? all the bands put in a sterling performances. Most of the band members still actually play live whether in there bands from back in the day or something else. Also everyone seemed to have a good time last year from all the feedback we've had :)
BroUKPromotions

ADDED:

ASCALON(UK) – Hailing from the worldwide capital of heavy metal, Preston(UK), newcomers to the scene ASCALON are coming to smash the bros and sis’s from all over the world with their heavy metal thunder, expect mullets and spandex with a full steam headbanging!

DARK FOREST(UK) – Over a decade of riffs from these Black Country boys, playing traditional classic metal with extreme prowess and fantastic melodies, DARK FOREST are a force to be reckoned with in the metal world. 2013 we will hopefully see a new album from the guys to!

EVIL BLOOD(CRO/UK) – Coming to being in Croatia and relocating to the UK in the late 80’s, EVIL BLOOD spurred on by UK bands MOTORHEAD and local legends VENOM, in late 1983 they delivered their MIDNIGHT IN SODOM demo which was 9 tracks of total speed metal, influenced by the likes of very early Metallica and Slayer. Strap your wig on tight for this one as your neck is gonna become lose! UURGHHH!

JAGUAR(UK) – One of the most influential NWOBHM bands ever make a very rare appearance in the North East. Releasing the absolutely unforgettable, and raging, AXE CRAZY single on Newcastle’s very own NEAT RECORDS all the way back in 1982. Brofest(UK) #2 is going to be a welcome return to the North East for the guys in JAGUAR and all the fans alike, let’s hear the BATTLE CRY!

SPARTAN WARRIOR(UK) - Penshaw's Finest make a welcome return to the Brofest stage after a bromotional and powerhouse performance at this year's UK #1 fest. We're thrilled to welcome these bros back again - THE complete metal master class, complete with the latest silk scarf fashions and a... piece of meat!

SOLDIER(UK) – Rejuvenated NWOBHM greats SOLDIER are gonna be a force to be reckoned with, a new, excellent, album under their collective belts “DOGS OF WAR”, released on the legendary HEAVY METAL RECORDS imprint. SOLDIERS are making the trek up to Newcastle to rock you until you can’t find your bumbag anymore!

WARRIOR(NEWCASTLE - UK) – WARRIOR ARE BACK!!!!! Newcastle cult hero’s are returning for a special one off reunion for all the Brofest(UK) maniacs! Nothing else needs to be said, this is going to be nuts!!!! DEAD WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

RITUAL IS PLAYING!!!!!! THIS WILL BE THE BEST!!!!!!!!! SHOW EVER>!! I'M SHOCKED. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Ritual?
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Yes, announced on facebook! Unbelievable!!!
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Plenty of time to plan everything.I think I'm IN.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I was there this year and ut was awesome! No doubts i will be there next year too, especially with this line up and RITUAL. I'm shocked!
BroUKPromotions

Cheers for posting this up Patrik.

Yea Ritual are playing, once we are back from KIT we will do a proper update!

:D