The Thrash Metal Guide

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
coroner

The Thrash Metal Guide

Post by coroner »

hi there! my website:http://www.thethrashmetalguide.com/ is up now! check it out! I would be grateful if you could leave some comments, suggestions and opinions here! Thank you in advance!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Looks like you put some massive work into it, but reading it is a pain in the ass. Don't use all-caps, and start using tables. Dividing the larger texts into smaller parts would also be good idea.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

A lot of work done, but even more awaiting you. I'd suggest chronological division. Personally I can't stand a band beginning in 2000 and onwards in the same sack with the one from 1981-89 or 1981-96 eras.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

DaN wrote:Don't use all-caps
Or Comic Sans!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
deathster

Post by deathster »

Hmm...I only took short look for B bands and found some surprises:

Black Shepherd LP must not be avoided at all costs and Blasfemia does not make Sarcofago sound like lullaby.
coroner

Post by coroner »

deathster wrote:Hmm...I only took short look for B bands and found some surprises:

Black Shepherd LP must not be avoided at all costs and Blasfemia does not make Sarcofago sound like lullaby.
Well, I guess I exaggerated there a bit, especially concerning Black Shepherd, but that's my opinion and it actually coincides with quite a few opinions on the Net. When a site is being run by just one person(like mine), there is always a certain level of subjectivity.
coroner

Post by coroner »

deathster wrote:Hmm...I only took short look for B bands and found some surprises:

Thanks for the observation. I was thinking to put the comments on Black Shepherd in milder terms, but used to forget to do that. Now that in comes to someone's attention...
deathster

Post by deathster »

Black Shepherd is cool as hell. I have their LP, their 1986 original demo, and band photo from 1986. I cherish all these! And now who can get me original Black Shepherd shirt or patch? Guys from Belgium can you help me?
Helm

Post by Helm »

I don't mind the allcaps and font, I found lots of good info on technothrash (you call it 'progressive thrash' which isn't exactly the same but most of the bands you name suchwise interest me) there, great resource, thank you for putting all that effort into it.
coroner

Post by coroner »

Helm wrote:I don't mind the allcaps and font, I found lots of good info on technothrash (you call it 'progressive thrash' which isn't exactly the same but most of the bands you name suchwise interest me) there, great resource, thank you for putting all that effort into it.
I'm glad that my site could be of some use to you. You know that very often progressive and technical thrash go together- in those cases I have used the two definitions at the same time. Elsewhere where I have used only one of them, I have tried to distinguish the one sub-genre from the other; I'm aware that certainly there are differences between the two.
coroner

Post by coroner »

DaN wrote:Looks like you put some massive work into it, but reading it is a pain in the ass. Don't use all-caps, and start using tables. Dividing the larger texts into smaller parts would also be good idea.
Thanks a lot for your tips! I made some amendments these days. You can have a look, if you have time. I couldn't quite understand this "tables" you mentioned. I'm an amateur in the web-designing business, have no previous experience whatsoever, so could you,please, clarify on that? Thanks!