Non-urgent CD Inquiries READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:the so-called later press can't be from 1996. it would have IFPI (SID) codes.

Did anyone actually see/has the "MPO France 08 Compact Disc" pressing?
There are two different pressings of this CD. I have had both and still have the one with the "MPO France" stamp around the clear center hub. There are a few Under One Flag discs from this same period that also were manufactured by MPO and have the same stamping.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Shimrod wrote:
Yakish wrote:I had a problems when tried to find at least something about this edition.
What do you want to know about this one? I was released in 1996 by a sub-label of Heavy Metal Records. It goes with a slipcase and the cover of the Japonese pressings.
Wrong. The record label in that listing is only partially correct. The CD was actually licensed from Breeze Music to FM Revolver which Heavy Metal Worldwide was a sub-label of. The disc was manufactured by Interpress in 1987 and it comes in a CD Single style case meaning it contains no back insert.

All you guys need to stop reading musik sammler listings believing that all the information is correct. A lot of it is wrong, partial or missing. I've said this before.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Zdan wrote:Would this:

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/SHAH-Beware-1989 ... 500wt_1414

Be an original ATOM H Shah CD issue or a bootleg?
No way to tell from those photos. You should know this by now.
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

Avenger wrote:
Shimrod wrote:
Yakish wrote:I had a problems when tried to find at least something about this edition.
What do you want to know about this one? I was released in 1996 by a sub-label of Heavy Metal Records. It goes with a slipcase and the cover of the Japonese pressings.
Wrong. The record label in that listing is only partially correct. The CD was actually licensed from Breeze Music to FM Revolver which Heavy Metal Worldwide was a sub-label of. The disc was manufactured by Interpress in 1987 and it comes in a CD Single style case meaning it contains no back insert.

All you guys need to stop reading musik sammler listings believing that all the information is correct. A lot of it is wrong, partial or missing. I've said this before.
I have this one on my shelf. I will post pictures when I have time. Maybe you could post yours too so we can compare and see who is right?
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Thanks for the answers guys! Of course i would like to see your pictures of that Accept cd.
About Shah question above - 100% bootleg
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The CAT Number in that listing is also wrong. It should be HMI XD 6.

I have no idea where they got what they have there from.
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

Heathen

Post by Heathen »

the CD on the photos has, comparing to the musik-sammler entry Yakish asked about, different release date, different cat num, and has barcode. This is clearly another release.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Yes, totally different release and, of course, it's from 1996 not from 1987. In this case first press was japanese release made in 1991
Osmi_Putnik

Post by Osmi_Putnik »

Yakish wrote:Yes, totally different release and, of course, it's from 1996 not from 1987. In this case first press was japanese release made in 1991
Beware for the IFPI, i thought there wasn't any and bought it on blank....and of course...it was there :(
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

I am suggesting that another pressing may exist that is really from 1987. And that the photos are from some a re-release which only happens to be from the same label but apart from that nothing matches.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Shimrod wrote:Image

This is not the CD from the musik sammler listing. It is nothing like the one I already gave information about.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:I am suggesting that another pressing may exist that is really from 1987. And that the photos are from some a re-release which only happens to be from the same label but apart from that nothing matches.
See my earlier post...
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

A quick question:

1. Is the Brazilian label Rock Brigade/Rock Machine Records a legal label or are their releases bootlegs? I am asking because of the Exciter reissues they put out no-so-long ago and the While Heaven Wept album released on their label. Are they legit?
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Zdan wrote:A quick question:

1. Is the Brazilian label Rock Brigade/Rock Machine Records a legal label or are their releases bootlegs? I am asking because of the Exciter reissues they put out no-so-long ago and the While Heaven Wept album released on their label. Are they legit?
I'd say the label is legit: http://www.thecorroseum.com/labels/rockbrigade.html