Non-urgent CD Inquiries READ THE FIRST POST

...and all CD issues goes here.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

that's more or less what I think. We can observe small matrix changes with time. Font, the second circle, then ifpi... But what we know for sure is that Graceful Inheritance (the one from chebanana) is a pre-1994 CD.

by the way there are at least two variants of this press: one has "04" on the matrix, another "01".

http://cfile23.uf.tistory.com/image/197 ... 7EDA2CDCE2
Osmi_Putnik

Post by Osmi_Putnik »

Heathen wrote:that's more or less what I think. We can observe small matrix changes with time. Font, the second circle, then ifpi... But what we know for sure is that Graceful Inheritance (the one from chebanana) is a pre-1994 CD.

by the way there are at least two variants of this press: one has "04" on the matrix, another "01".

http://cfile23.uf.tistory.com/image/197 ... 7EDA2CDCE2
Wait a minute...there are 2 different presses:
1.) http://cfile23.uf.tistory.com/image/197 ... 7EDA2CDCE2

2.) http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEIR-APPARENT-G ... 53f12d6c9e

1.) is earlier than 2.) ...as we said that early MPO has tinny circle around matrix (presses from 198? - 1992), 2.) is from 1993 (without IFPI).
But is that 1.) really very 1st cd press?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

both are pre-1994 but I guess we'll never know the exact dates.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Those numbers in the matrix on MPO CDs only state which stamper in the MPO plant which produced the CD. They can even have been pressed simultaneously.

It's close to impossible to know which came first, because if they were pressed at the same time, it would be a difference in seconds, perhaps minutes.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Any idea why the Lucifer pressing of Massacra - Enjoy The Violence is considered the first press? Why not the Shark press? I have both and I am wondering which one should I get rid of.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I think both versions are cool :) I would say Shark comes first but who knows... (probably they are both first pressings as Lucifer had the license to press it in France only, at the same time).
Warepire wrote:Those numbers in the matrix on MPO CDs only state which stamper in the MPO plant which produced the CD. They can even have been pressed simultaneously.
I don't know, the inlays of these two versions are different afterall (the presence of the Black Dragon address in the back of the front booklet and in the backcover).
Plus we have never seen 02 or 03 in the matrix (but ok this is not really important, they could have used only 01 and 04 machines if that number means really this).

Instead, I would really like to see a scan of that "MPO France 08 Compact Disc" press ...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Helstar wrote:
Warepire wrote:Those numbers in the matrix on MPO CDs only state which stamper in the MPO plant which produced the CD. They can even have been pressed simultaneously.
I don't know, the inlays of these two versions are different afterall (the presence of the Black Dragon address in the back of the front booklet and in the backcover).
Plus we have never seen 02 or 03 in the matrix (but ok this is not really important, they could have used only 01 and 04 machines if that number means really this).
I forgot that the covers are different. Woops :oops:
I still believe the numbers are stamper IDs though, that is the only way I can get the numbers to make sense since the number is not linear across pressings.
Helstar wrote:Instead, I would really like to see a scan of that "MPO France 08 Compact Disc" press ...
Yes, I want to see this too. Preferably a full set (booklet, back cover etc too)
Osmi_Putnik

Post by Osmi_Putnik »

With help from one user who found it at the web...he doesn't want to be exposed...anyway here it is, don't ask me details...
Found some e-mail addresses from MPO company, i sent them questions, if they reply i will post it here...

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/893/ ... fulinh.jpg
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Nice !
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Now it's time for a question about big and major name.
Accept "I'm A Rebel" and "Restless And Wild" albums. Which edition on CD was the very first? I wonder about all japanese and european/US editions. I had a problems when tried to find at least something about this edition.
Also can't find a sign of earlier version of "I'm A Rebel" than standard Castle re-issue from 1992. It's strange, because all Accept 80's era with Udo were released in Japan in 80's
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

Yakish wrote:I had a problems when tried to find at least something about this edition.
What do you want to know about this one? I was released in 1996 by a sub-label of Heavy Metal Records. It goes with a slipcase and the cover of the Japonese pressings.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Would this:

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/SHAH-Beware-1989 ... 500wt_1414

Be an original ATOM H Shah CD issue or a bootleg?
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

Personnally I won't trust a Russian seller who sold 8copies of Voivod -Nothingface in a row.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I vote boot too ... also by looking at the other cds he sells, make it even more obvious.