MANILLA ROAD - Mysterium

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
omen of hate

MANILLA ROAD - Mysterium

Post by omen of hate »

MANILLA ROAD new album is out since the beginning of this month.

What do you think about it ?

I have listened to it 2 or 3 times, and I like it better than "Playground of the Damned". So much heaviness and darkness on Mysterium ! Maybe their best album in 10 years imo.
mordred

Post by mordred »

I like pretty much everything Manilla Road ever put out and this is no exception. Probably the most "80's" sounding album they put out since the reformation and probably the best production they ever had. It's really solid and nothing not to like about it, however I don't quite feel there's any one song that grabs me by the balls like the best moments of Playground of the Damned did.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
GJ

Post by GJ »

First impression is it's a really solid album. I thought the verses on Only The Brave were really cool. Bryan does some kind of early eighties Halford thing there which really appealed to me. Brought a bit of new sound to Manilla Road.
Marken

Post by Marken »

Only heard three tracks from this album. Didn't like them at all, but I'm not a big Manilla Road-fan.
I bought Voyager when it was released, but sold it quickly. Horrible album.
Mystification is the only MR-CD I still have in my collection, and that one is quite good.
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

Marken wrote:Only heard three tracks from this album. Didn't like them at all, but I'm not a big Manilla Road-fan.
I bought Voyager when it was released, but sold it quickly. Horrible album.
Mystification is the only MR-CD I still have in my collection, and that one is quite good.
:shock:
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
Marken

Post by Marken »

That should NOT be considered a very outrageous point of view.
I know plenty of people who's into metal, but don't like Manilla Road. Especially the last couple of albums usually gets a lot of well deserved beating on different boards. Voyager is some of the worst stuff I have ever heard, so I guess I should just get the hell out of this thread :wink:

By the way, I have never owned any of the old albums with the exception of Mystification.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Marken wrote:That should NOT be considered a very outrageous point of view.
I know plenty of people who's into metal, but don't like Manilla Road. Especially the last couple of albums usually gets a lot of well deserved beating on different boards. Voyager is some of the worst stuff I have ever heard, so I guess I should just get the hell out of this thread :wink:

By the way, I have never owned any of the old albums with the exception of Mystification.
I know you have quite a strange taste (well, bad, if you don't mind me saying so) but sometimes I think you're just making weird shit up for a laugh. :lol:
Marken

Post by Marken »

mordred wrote:
Marken wrote:That should NOT be considered a very outrageous point of view.

I know you have quite a strange taste (well, bad, if you don't mind me saying so) but sometimes I think you're just making weird shit up for a laugh. :lol:
Haha, that's ok, but I'm not kidding. Also saw them live at Keep It True some years ago. Well, at least some of it. Bored to death.

Sadly, I have a couple of friends who enjoy Manilla Road and have to play a couple of songs at parties. That's when I'm heading out for a cigarette (I have actually quit smoking now, but the old habit kicks in again when someone puts on some Manilla Road.)

Well, have fun with the new album! I like the artwork.
GJ

Post by GJ »

I feel I have to defend Marken here. Him being pretty old like me I believe. (correct me if you look vastly older than you are... haha!)

Anyway when I grew up the only people I knew who was really into Manilla Road were my pals in Epic Irae/Quicksand Dream. And I don't think it was JUST the lack of availability those days, rather MR did stuff people's ears weren't used to. Most of them would just shudder and look at you with a bewildered stare before going back to their Helloweens or Anthraxes ;)

It would be very weak of them I they'd changed their minds! That's the definition of a poser. Let the Winger fans be true to themselves and remain Winger fans! :D
Rob

Post by Rob »

Definitely best album since Gates of Fire, but more consistent all the way through. I guess it's their best album from the bands reincarnation, but if you're expecting a instant headbang sesson like in ther 80s albums you'de be disappointed. It's a relaxed album.
6is9
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've seen that there's a bonus DVD on the Goldencore Records edition.
Does somebody know what is the content of this dvd ?
Marken

Post by Marken »

GJ wrote:I feel I have to defend Marken here. Him being pretty old like me I believe. (correct me if you look vastly older than you are... haha!)

Anyway when I grew up the only people I knew who was really into Manilla Road were my pals in Epic Irae/Quicksand Dream. And I don't think it was JUST the lack of availability those days, rather MR did stuff people's ears weren't used to. Most of them would just shudder and look at you with a bewildered stare before going back to their Helloweens or Anthraxes ;)

It would be very weak of them I they'd changed their minds! That's the definition of a poser. Let the Winger fans be true to themselves and remain Winger fans! :D
Thanks a lot, GJ! I'm 37 and a proud Winger-fan.
mordred

Post by mordred »

omen of hate wrote:I've seen that there's a bonus DVD on the Goldencore Records edition.
It's about an hours worth of professionally shot live footage from the Hammer of Doom festival in 2011. I watched it the other day and thought it was great so it's worth getting that version if live dvd's is your thing.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

mordred wrote:
omen of hate wrote:I've seen that there's a bonus DVD on the Goldencore Records edition.
It's about an hours worth of professionally shot live footage from the Hammer of Doom festival in 2011. I watched it the other day and thought it was great so it's worth getting that version if live dvd's is your thing.
Thanks for the info. It seems interesting.
I'll buy this edition as well.
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

Are all the SKR versions coming with a too small back insert as thin as cigarette paper and not fitting the case or am i unlucky?