a question to American folks about shipping

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Igor

a question to American folks about shipping

Post by Igor »

a question to American folks

An ebay USA customer bought an LP from me via egay, I mailed it by Russian registered mail. According to the tracking it left Russia on 09.12.2012. The American says he didnt receive it yet, what I really doubt.
The russian tracking does not work in US postal tracking, I heard they change them into their own.
Any idea how can I find that shipment in US postal service? To write to them?

Any assistance appreciated!
Thanks,
Igor
:D
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I'm not american but I can help.

Take your Tracking Number and enter it here

Click "Track & Confirm" on the left hand side.

How long ago was it shipped? Sometimes international postal sites take some time to update the tracking on their end.

A lot of postal websites do not update after the package leaves the country. You have the check the destination countries website for updates
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Igor

Post by Igor »

Avenger wrote:I'm not american but I can help.

Take your Tracking Number and enter it here

Click "Track & Confirm" on the left hand side.

How long ago was it shipped? Sometimes international postal sites take some time to update the tracking on their end.

A lot of postal websites do not update after the package leaves the country. You have the check the destination countries website for updates
Thank you! But it didnt help...they really change the tracking #...
It left Russia on 09.12.2012
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

try this great site (it happens to be russian...):

http://trackitonline.ru/
Igor

Post by Igor »

Heathen wrote:try this great site (it happens to be russian...):

http://trackitonline.ru/
it doesnt help either. It can not see Rus tracking #...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

How does the Tracking Number change? It should always be in a standard XX ### ### ### XX format with the first 2 letters and last 2 letters staying the same based on the country it is being shipped from.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

I have reservations about the "tracking number change" story as well. Hard to believe. Maybe you (Igor) can copy paste the number here?
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

Hey Igor... the package might be running late due to the fact that december is the busiest time of the year for postal services... on a couple of occasions I've waited more than 60 days for 'halfway-across-the-world' packages to arrive in this time of the year.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

I have no reason to believe that Igor is trying to rip someone off here. I've dealt with him twice and he provided perfect service both times. I am sure other members here will say the same thing.
c4d4v3r

Post by c4d4v3r »

Warepire wrote:I have no reason to believe that Igor is trying to rip someone off here. I've dealt with him twice and he provided perfect service both times. I am sure other members here will say the same thing.
+ 1, Igor is a great trader/buyer/seller, totally recommended!!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

This has nothing to do with Igor as a seller/buyer. I’m simply stating that I have never heard of Tracking Numbers changing.

I would like the number posted here so that I can look for it myself.
Igor

Post by Igor »

Guys, once I fully refunded (LP+delivery) to an american for "non-delivered" registered LP on egay. Maybe I was too damn naive... I belived him....

And its true that Russian tracking number is changed by American Post. But now I started to doubt that another american didnt receive LP. I just smell that he might be a simple cheater. So I sent an email on behalf of that american to US post. They responded from the post office of the buyer...and said that they regret an blah. blah, blah and asking to call them. I wrote back asking to give me an officer to track and find that damn package. So I`m waiting now...

If it doesnt help I will start search from Russian post, according to tracking info the item left Russia, I recall 7 or 9 of December. So I`m sure the item is long ago in US...

But anyway, here`s the tracking #

RA222907234RU

Long story, but smelling...I must say...

Any good help is appreciated... :D
Troma

Post by Troma »

I also had similar problems with shipping from Germany to USA. The registered package never showed up on us post tracking site, while it appeared on the german one.
After a month I asked german post service to do some research, it took another 6 weeks, but they actually found the package in the end and delivered the whole thing. This happened to me twice.

Did you fill in a customs form/sticker for the package?
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

For what it is worth, I am still waiting for this lp that was supposedly shipped from Russia around the 1st of December

I doubt the buyer is trying to rip you off, I have had nothing but bad luck dealing with Russian sellers and I won't ship there either anymore because of the crap Russian Postal Service. I think the fault is the Russian Postal Service, not the sellers integrity. I can have a package sent from Germany that will arrive inside a week but Russian packages take 6 weeks plus???

Here is a link that pretty much sums up the situation. Take it for whatever you wish. This is a longstanding problem with packages coming to the US. It does not seem such a problem with European packages from Russia as much but delivery time is still ridiculously long

http://profy.com/2010/03/23/ebay-ban-ru ... l-service/

I hope you get it straightened out and find your package but to state that you "smell" an American looking for a freebie, I think that is a unfair conclusion with no facts to support it. FWIW, I tried to run your tracking number on the Russian tracking site and it would not even take your number. The prefix they accept starts with YP, not RA and whats with the extra barcode thing the site requires? You did not supply that with your tracking number

I realize the article is from 2010 but apparently, nothing has been done, no reforms have been enacted, to make the Russian Postal Service more reliable
mordred

Post by mordred »

Every country on the planet seems to be able to deliver packages sent from Russia except the US but yet the Americans blame the Russian postal system. :lol:
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D