MAYFAIR - Behind EP Reissued

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
ION BRITTON

MAYFAIR - Behind EP Reissued

Post by ION BRITTON »

Pure Steel is rereleasing on LP this masterpiece of prog metal that was originally put out by General Inquisitor Torquemado records only on CD. Artwork is changed although it's quite similar to the original. Anyone know if any extras or the lyrics will be included?

http://www.puresteel-records.com/news/v ... _gestartet
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Just my luck.. I bought the original CD a year ago or so.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Hadn't heard of this band, sounds interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJoYzMPohYw

I think this video belongs in Land of Mystery :P
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

Absolutely brilliant and inspiring material to me as of late, along with Legend (UK)'s final demo.
msp

Post by msp »

My copy arrived yesterday. Really good stuff. I remember being a bit indifferent to the "Die Flucht" CD due to expecting something different musically but "Behind" is good.

No lyrics unfortunately and there are two extra demo tracks at the end of side 2.
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

msp wrote: No lyrics unfortunately and there are two extra demo tracks at the end of side 2.
Thanks, Matt.

Saw the band live about a month ago and I can safely say that they are equally unique on stage as they are on their albums. They played 4 tracks off the EP, 3-4 tracks from Die Flucht and several new ones. Do not miss them if you have the chance to see them live.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Damn it would be cool to see these guys live :!:

Cannot agree more with "Behind" being a masterpiece of progressive metal. It's both heavy and so out there.. No other band sounded like Mayfair.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance