OMEN - Into The Arena CD (2012)

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Obtaining a 'die-hard' edition of an album doesn't make anyone a 'truer' and more devoted fan, the term is a bit silly.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

But does buiyng diehards make you LESS metal? I get the impression some people here really believe it does.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

I believe that i am propably a "live-easy" (isn't that the opposite of a "diehard"?). :lol:
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:Payhard, more like.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Death Rider

Post by Death Rider »

I can't say that I disagree with most of you, but you have to remember that most of these editions come upon request.

Plus, there are editions that worth their money (if you will put down what's included) and some not. Don't look just at the price, but what you're paying for.

I will give you an example:
You have "Into the Arena" edition in a leather box set with 3D cover including LP, CD (also with alternative 3D cover), t-shirt and extra inserts for 60 euro.
Just imagine the price for separate items. 1 LP, 1 CD, 1 t-shirt. How could it be? 13 to 17 euro each? Add the box also and all the rest material. That's a normal price. If there are people that buying this and then resell it in higher prices, that's a different conversation.

On the other hand, you have the new Manowar album with a price of 150 $ only because it is signed from the band.

Now, you can make your calculations and find out what is more honestly.

NO ONE who buys "die-hard", "limited" whatever editions is more metal than anyone else. But if there is request, some labels will try their best to produce an item for all those who want it.
Some of them worth their money, some don't. But always have a look on what the item is and what it includes and if it is corresponding on the price.

So simple.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Manowar is a really bad example for comparison. It's quite obvious that the band is currently existing on the name alone. I really don't know why someone would buy the shit that they currently put out.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Death Rider

Post by Death Rider »

Still an example though. My disagreement in all this is to accuse about a high price, just for the price, without concentrating to what the price is for.

I don't want to say "if you want it buy it, if don't, I don't care" and stuff like that. It's not my style, but as long as there is request, I will try to make the BEST package I can, with the more stuff inside for those who want it.
Element0s

Post by Element0s »

Death Rider: It warms my heart to see people making cool shit. Keep it up, mate.

Everyone else: Have you folks considered the fact that it costs more for the labels to produce the cool stuff they charge extra for? I don't know what the situation is Europe is like, but to press LPs (without leather packaging and 3-D artwork) and print shirts with digital artwork (as opposed to screen printing) in Canada is fucking expensive. The inclusion of a CD with a loaded booklet and the extra interview inserts all add up, too. I bet if my band was to produce a package like that limited to 100, it could run me $30-$40 per unit.

I think the Manowar comparison is a fucking great one regardless of name. They are charging $150 for an extra feature that doesn't cost them a damn thing besides about 5-10 seconds of time per disk.

edit: okay, maybe a couple bucks for some sharpies
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

It seems that none has understood that at the very end the voultures are the ones who win. Fast cashing assholes. Is that clear or do it need to make it even easier?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Element0s wrote:I think the Manowar comparison is a fucking great one regardless of name. They are charging $150 for an extra feature that doesn't cost them a damn thing besides about 5-10 seconds of time per disk.

edit: okay, maybe a couple bucks for some sharpies
He was comparing a label to a band that has been known for it's ridiculous antics for quite some time now.

That is comparing apples to oranges.
Element0s

Post by Element0s »

I'm afraid I don't follow your point of view here, but that's not really important.

I just don't see why everyone is getting bent out of shape over 100 copies of a die-hard edition that probably cost a bunch of money to produce in the first place. I also forgot to mention that in addition to the costs of production, No Remose had to come to some sort of licensing agreement with the band so that's another cost to the label as well.

In regards to the Ebay vulture's thing: I'm clearly not as hardcore into the recording-collecting as most of you are, but I don't really think that a portion out of 100 copies of an Omen Die-hard floating around Ebay for inflated prices is gonna cause a massive shift in economic balance or anything. On the other side, I don't exactly see No Remorse Records as a bunch of dudes in suits sitting around a conference table trying to think of how to part heavy metal nerds from their money.

From what I gather, the people complaining about it don't seem too keen on buying "die-hard" editions anyways, so I don't really understand what the need to complain about it is. Some people like that extra bit of "vibe" with their tunes, and they're willing to pay extra for it. Good for them. And good for the label for coming up with something that works for those fans. A leather LP case? Sounds sweet to me.

Obviously some people have done some lousy things done in the past with regards to this kind of stuff, but it's still a shame to see everyone treated like some kind of suspect in a grand conspiracy.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Must admit I was generalising.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Like I said, I don't care that die-hard copies exist. They aren't hurting me. I just don't see the point behind them. It's one big gimmick as far as I'm concerned. But if people want to spend more money for "3D cover art" that's their choice. It's tacky as hell in my opinion and when these copies turn up later on ebay for 2-3 times the price I sure as hell won't be bidding on them.
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

A question for Death Rider:

Will the blue vinyl be available only at High Roller or will you guys keep some copies in your store?
Death Rider

Post by Death Rider »

Heavy wrote:A question for Death Rider:

Will the blue vinyl be available only at High Roller or will you guys keep some copies in your store?
It will be available only through High Roller Records.

Thank you.