MAELSTROM(CAN) 7"

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
daniel

MAELSTROM(CAN) 7"

Post by daniel »

I know I've uploaded this a long time ago, but when I searched for it on the site I couldn't find it, maybe I'm stupid :) Well anyway I was playing this one again this evening and thought in case anyone hadn't heard it yet or got it from somewhere else I'd upload it again... Can easily see that people wouldn't find it that amazing but the music + cover art really creates an enticing atmosphere for me. Canadian band, private release. I don't know what it goes for now but at the time I bought two copies for around 15e...
Exclusive content for logged in users.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Thanks.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I think I rememeber downloading your old rip.

I'll have to check and see.

Thanks for the re-up.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

sounds interesting, thanks!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Sounds still very average to my ears, especially for that price.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
daniel

Post by daniel »

You're a total weirdo at times, 15-20e is like 3 beers at some bar here, to start being such a scrooge over buying records for "not being good enough" at some paltry price is just ridiculous... And to make it even more crazee I hadn't heard this single when I bought it :shock:
Opinions are opinions but I remember you commenting on how crap the Decoy Paris LP is when someone wrote about finding it really cheap, and I thought wtf, personally I don't have it but of course I'd buy it for that price, at the same time you post -tons- of "average" stuff...
daniel

Post by daniel »

Btw if it didn't come across, it was just the comment about price that prompted me to reply.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Very good single. It sounds a bit dated for `86 both songs would fit nicely on the second Metal Massacre sampler (1982).
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Just got around to hearing this single, the A-side is really great melodic (power/heavy) metal. The B-side felt rather awkward though.

Thanks for sharing!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

daniel wrote:You're a total weirdo at times, 15-20e is like 3 beers at some bar here, to start being such a scrooge over buying records for "not being good enough" at some paltry price is just ridiculous... And to make it even more crazee I hadn't heard this single when I bought it :shock:
Opinions are opinions but I remember you commenting on how crap the Decoy Paris LP is when someone wrote about finding it really cheap, and I thought wtf, personally I don't have it but of course I'd buy it for that price, at the same time you post -tons- of "average" stuff...
For 15 Euros it's indeed cheap, but this 7" had a MUCH higher price when I got mine (and hadn't heard it either while the seller listed it as Power Metal which it isn't). Prohably someone found the band in internet times and overflooded the market so the price went down drastically. But it doesn't changes the music, especially not the weak appearance of the "singer". It's still average Metal. And as for Decoy Paris, I said it was a good score for that price and I'd add it to the shelves myself for that price but more I wouldn't pay for it. Musically it is too softish if you agree or not and the songwriting isn't that superior either. It's "plingplang" music to be played in the background of a soccer match, nothing more. I didn't even say it's shit or something, just that it "still sounds average" to me. Is that bad?
If you post music you shoulda prepared for comments that you won't like as not everyone agrees with your musical taste and might prohably not like what you like or does not hear what you can hear. Where is the problem? I thought The Alchemicon demo isn't just standard Thrash because it's way more rough and merciless than most of the Bay Area Mosh Thrash crap, but Plantweed said it's only for Bay Area completists, not even being aware that they do not play the typical "famous" Bay Area style like Forbidden etc that kinda ruined classic Thrash in the later 80's. Opinions are opinions ... next time please mention that you don't wanna hear negative comments on your uploads and I won't say anything. If anyone wants to spill some hatred about my own, feel free to do it. I don't mind, neither I never said that I've uploaded the stuff because I liked it. :wink:

PS: And why is someone always anything (scrooge, dickhead, prick, bastard, unbeliever, dumbass, idiot or gay) because he does not share everyone's opinion?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

This is a public forum, good or bad opinions are shared. Tastes differ from person to person. I can't believe this is still an issue here.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
daniel

Post by daniel »

I commented because of how I understood your remark about the price. In of itself it doesn't matter to me whether you like it or not, I didn't write the songs, and nothing wrong with saying some music sucks, or responding to such comments either.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

daniel don't worry, I notice that mr 'prowler' here likes to slag on records he doesn't have at times. Hi Mr. Lethylsteel.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

doomedplanet wrote:daniel don't worry, I notice that mr 'prowler' here likes to slag on records he doesn't have at times. Hi Mr. Lethylsteel.
Another guy it seems who just can't stand critics on records that he likes ... and "Mr. Prowler" also likes to slag on records that he has. You'd better read carefully ... Hi Mr. Bladerunner. :wink:
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I find it very very very weird to buy and keep records you don't like.