Glockose

Post by Glockose »

No Problem send me your address.

No Joke...
"I am NOT a collector"
nightsblood

Re: FAR EAST ''Ripper slasher'' 7'' Music wanted

Post by nightsblood »

humus wrote: Grown men acting like toddlers...I've got something you haven't and I'm not sharing.
Nothing personal humus, but I have to take exception with your post.

For starters, where in the Heavy Metal Collecting Instruction Manual does it say that collectors are obligated to share everything they own? They can choose to share if they want to, but they are under no obligation to do so. Is their refusal to provide you with free music really more childish than someone bitching at them for not willingly letting everyone 'play with their toys' for free after they spent lots of time and money obtaining them? "Gee, congrats on winning that Far East auction after looking for it for the last 10 years, now make me some mp3s of it right now!".

Some older collectors have no way to make/upload mp3s; are they acting like babies for not buying USB turntables so they can provide you with whatever music you want them to share for free?
Are those guys fans of heavy metal music
Why is it that metal 'fans' immediately claim other people are not 'real fans' when a disagreement comes up? IMO THAT is quite childish.

So by your logic anyone unwilling to share their music is not a fan of the music? That makes as much sense as a one-legged man entering an ass-kicking contest.
or do they just want to own something rare and exclusive to show-off? Collector cunts.
Um, how can they simultaneously keep it hidden in their own collection yet show it off to make others jealous? If they post pictures but no sound clips, why get so jealous over a record that you've never heard? "Gee, that's one awesome-looking picture sleeve on Far East, anything that looks so Metal must be really really good!". I mean, here we have a fellow offering $200 just to hear 2 songs! Why so desperate to hear 'em? They could totally suck!

It seems that, more and more often, Metal fans tend to act like kids in a toy store- anything that looks cool they just gotta have, and they get jealous of the one kid on the block that has it. They finally cry enough that someone hooks them up; they then play with it for 5 minutes, and then put it aside and start drooling over the next new thing to come along.

This type of attitude is likely why some of the big collectors don't even bother sharing pictures of their stuff. If they don't provide a full bio, full-length WAVs, and high-resolution scans of the front and back covers plus any inserts, they are accused of being a poseur snob just tormenting the poor, masses by depriving them of some crucial piece of knowledge that prevents their lives from being complete.

Yes, I'd like to hear Far East. I used to live < 10 minutes from BME Music, so there's a local connection for me. And I fully admit to sometimes falling into 8-year-old boy mode and just wanting to hear something that looks cool. But I won't hold it against anyone for NOT sharing their copy, and I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to live a full, productive, and happy life even if I do not ever get to hear either of the songs.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
humus

Post by humus »

I stand by my point, music is to be heard and not to be kept in a safe only to be played by the one who has the luck to find the release/has the financial means to buy it. Only exception are recordings which you've received with the specific demand not to spread them (I have a few of those from my tapetrading days, even if some of those might be wellspread on blog-sites now).

Anybody can refuse to spread music for whatever reason they see fit, just like I can disagree with such attitudes. It's a free world. Just something of personal belief, as I'm not in the least interested in this band.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I feel this forum tends to spin in circles with the same topics popping up over and over...

Either way, I agree. What's the point of recording music if no one is ever going to hear it? It's there to be heard.

Now upload Metal Merchant!
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Still waiting on an address to send royalties....
"I am NOT a collector"
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

humus wrote:I stand by my point, music is to be heard and not to be kept in a safe only to be played by the one who has the luck to find the release/has the financial means to buy it.
You're entitled to your opinion, as am I. To me, your statement reeks of a sense of entitlement. You're saying that if a piece of music exists, then everyone is entitled to get to hear it if they want to.

That mentality is a DIRECT result of the Internet Age. 20 years ago NO ONE would have had such an opinion because there was no way that everyone could even think about hearing everything out there. The closest you could come was to be a mega-tape trader, and even then you knew there was tons of stuff you'd never hear, and it wasn't even an issue. But now that technology allows people to readily share music as data files, more and more people- especially youngsters raised in the post-Napster world- EXPECT to go online and get anything and everything they want to hear for little-no expense. And when someone doesn't indulge their expectation, they get their nose out of joint; "screw you for not giving me free music!". WTF?
Only exception are recordings which you've received with the specific demand not to spread them
So you don't even finish your post before admitting that not all music is meant to be openly available.

How many musicians do you think would readily say, "sure, go ahead and spread my music to everyone for free. I don't want any financial reimbursement; just give it away on your blog so everyone can hear it while I get nothing to pay for my time and trouble"?

Same goes for dealers like Glock- er, Collecter C. Why should he spend hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars traveling the country looking for rare records, and then post all the music online for free so that many people won't even consider buying a copy for more than a few bucks? "Gee, thanks for taking 2 weeks off from work to rummage through every used record store in 5 states, I really appreciate all the food, gas, and hotel bills you racked up- now upload the music for me right now 'cause I don't wanna spend any money buying a copy and I don't wanna go look for it myself".

It never ceases to amaze me how many people want something for nothing.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

I don't care if someone doesn't want to share the music, as long as his/ her behavior doesn't turn into provocation. Everyone who bought a certain record can decide on his own if he wants to spread it or not. But if someone would constantly praise a record without being asked and then not wanting to share the music, people might get offended as it is a natural thing that people would like to hear some clips....Luckily I haven't seen such people here on this board So this is just a fictional example.... :wink:

I see the point if a seller doesn't want to spread the music, as he might earn some extra cash.

Personally, I think most of the musicians would be happy if their music gets spread after so many years. That's the experience I made with all the bands I have contacted so far....I mean, we're mostly talking about retired Metal musicians who do not even dream about money anymore :D
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

At least those "collector cunts" (:D) could post a sound sample (and may it be just a single minute) if they see someone offering his house for just the possibilty to listen to a hyper rare thing. I don't see what's the problem, except of reducing the price of the record if it's really crap or average. No?
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Avenger wrote:I feel this forum tends to spin in circles with the same topics popping up over and over...

Either way, I agree. What's the point of recording music if no one is ever going to hear it? It's there to be heard.

I already uploaded here a year ago this one:

http://www.divshare.com/download/16249816-a58

Here's another one:

http://www.divshare.com/download/19578744-b98
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

chatzial wrote:
Avenger wrote:I feel this forum tends to spin in circles with the same topics popping up over and over...

I already uploaded here a year ago this one:

http://www.divshare.com/download/16249816-a58

Here's another one:

http://www.divshare.com/download/19578744-b98
Where are the rest of the songs? Where's the lyrics? The liner notes? Jpgs of the cover (front and back)? A foot locker full of the band's stage gear? Don't just give us a couple of free songs and expect us to be satisfied. You sir are a Collector Tease!
-Becky
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Isn’t it amazing? Now since there are thousands of metal albums so easily available for downloads and youtube and what not, more than one person can hear in a lifetime, but it seems it just can never be enough for some people. There will always be an album or a single or a demo that you can’t hear instantly and it’s always the fault of others of course or worse, some kind of conspiracy! I wonder where that sense of unlimited entitlement comes from, i really do and I start to feel sorry for those.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:Isn’t it amazing? Now since there are thousands of metal albums so easily available for downloads and youtube and what not, more than one person can hear in a lifetime, but it seems it just can never be enough for some people. There will always be an album or a single or a demo that you can’t hear instantly and it’s always the fault of others of course or worse, some kind of conspiracy! I wonder where that sense of unlimited entitlement comes from, i really do and I start to feel sorry for those.
At least you understand. Cheers sir!
"I am NOT a collector"
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Honestly I never gave Metal Merchant a second thought until the samples were uploaded... Of course I would like to hear more since I enjoyed the samples. Honestly I would probably be better off having never heard it at all, since I know I'll probably never afford a copy :lol:
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:Isn’t it amazing? Now since there are thousands of metal albums so easily available for downloads and youtube and what not, more than one person can hear in a lifetime, but it seems it just can never be enough for some people. There will always be an album or a single or a demo that you can’t hear instantly and it’s always the fault of others of course or worse, some kind of conspiracy!
SO you admit that it's all your fault! You're the one standing between me and my God-given right to hear that long lost CHALYCE demo! Damn you and your vinyl conspiracy! The GERMAN METAL ILLUMINATI lives people! Open your eyes! Soilent Green! Soilent Green is really a shitty, shitty band!
-Becky
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

nightsblood wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:Isn’t it amazing? Now since there are thousands of metal albums so easily available for downloads and youtube and what not, more than one person can hear in a lifetime, but it seems it just can never be enough for some people. There will always be an album or a single or a demo that you can’t hear instantly and it’s always the fault of others of course or worse, some kind of conspiracy!
SO you admit that it's all your fault! You're the one standing between me and my God-given right to hear that long lost CHALYCE demo! Damn you and your vinyl conspiracy! The GERMAN METAL ILLUMINATI lives people!
Harhar, well someone had to tell ya. :D
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80