CORSAIR

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
GJ

CORSAIR

Post by GJ »

Got their first EP "Alpha Centauri" a couple of years back and wasn't too impressed by that. Then today I stumbled upon their website, listened to a few newer tracks, got completely blown away by their warm, highly personal, excentric yet traditional hard rock (imagine a softer, less chaotic and more melodic version of Slough Feg). Without second thought I ordered their second EP "Ghosts of Proxima Centauri", and recent self-titled full-lenght album right away.

All their releases are streamed in it's entirety on their website, be sure to check them out if you haven't already! A few yet to be fully digested faves of mine: Of Kings and Cowards, Gryphon Wing, Warrior Woman, Orca, Eyes of the Gods and more:
http://skykrakken.com/music.html
Stormspell

Re: CORSAIR

Post by Stormspell »

Soundcloud clips on their website dont work for some reason, but the song on bandcamp was stellar and I just purchased the album! Thanks for the heads up!
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

They sound a lot like Thin Lizzy! Not bad!!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Thanks for the tip GJ, just listened to the 2nd EP and i'm very impressed.
I hear a little Wishbone Ash in there too alongside the Slough Feg and Lizzy, but they have something interesting to their sound that's very individual above and beyond those comparisons.
I feel a possible purchase coming on!
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

great!!! just the kind of rocking sound ive been looking for at the moment, i do agree with the comparisons already mentioned. The guitar distorsion makes it even more special,no saturation at all. At first i thought you were refering to the 70s band,but i guess this has nothing to do at all with it huh?
GJ

Post by GJ »

You're actually right on the spot there Mex! I was looking for info about the seventies band Alpha Centauri, when I stumbled over the Corsair homepage.
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

I really enjoy Alpha Centauri, gave it a review in Cimmerian Shadows. Glad to hear that the follow up is even better!
Keir

Post by Keir »

I purchased the s/t album from the band about a week ago and it has been on permanent rotation in my car since then. I haven't been this excited about a new release in years.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

From what I've heard from this album, it seems to be very good.
It will be for sure in my next SKR order !
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

Top of the pops, I love every moment of every song.