Crystal Zone (Hong Kong) - 1989 - Crystal Zone (Merged)

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
The Erlking

Crystal Zone (Hong Kong) - 1989 - Crystal Zone (Merged)

Post by The Erlking »

New link (mckagan's reup): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TRJ6R2S3

So far the best chinese stuff i've heard along with Tang Dynasty.
This heavy metal band from Hong Kong was formed by Silvester See who was in couple of films and did other music stuff too I think.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Great album !

A question was it released under the name CRYSTAL ZONE or SILVESTER SEE ?
Because, it's sometimes mentionned that SILVESTER SEE is the recording artist and "Crystal Zone" the title of the album ...
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

omen of hate wrote:Great album !

A question was it released under the name CRYSTAL ZONE or SILVESTER SEE ?
Because, it's sometimes mentionned that SILVESTER SEE is the recording artist and "Crystal Zone" the title of the album ...
Yeah I know.. It's kinda confusing because some chinese metal/hardrock historians see Silvester See as their hero and everything he makes must be under his own name.

"Silvester See formed his first and only Band in 1986 Named "CRYSTAL ZONE" ." based on that line I think the band is really just Crystal Zone but don't beat me if I'm wrong. :lol:
Last edited by The Erlking on Tue May 12, 2009 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Chinese heavy metal :D Never heard it, thanks for sharing
Long Live The Loud !!!
solar eagle

CRYSTAL ZONE

Post by solar eagle »

It's a pity Megaupload doesn't work in Greece...
Derrick Metaliszta

Post by Derrick Metaliszta »

Yes definetely a classic of Chinese metal
Melalui lorong hidupku, akan ku teruskan...
Pelayaran ini sehingga hujungnya!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

interesting album, I think this will take a bit of time to get my head around it, a weird mix of ballad/melodic hard rock/metal with fuzz guitar which is unusual. good production too.
solar eagle

Post by solar eagle »

Any other suggestions of old Chinese metal,like CRYSTAL ZONE?
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

Thanks a lot!!!! I'll download it as soon as possible!
Gott ist tot.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

solar eagle wrote:Any other suggestions of old Chinese metal,like CRYSTAL ZONE?
I don't know any good metal bands from China except Crystal Zone and a band called TANG DYNASTY which plays classic hard rock/heavy metal with slight prog-rock touch and the singer use some vocal techniques influenced by traditional beijing opera.
sabbat666

Post by sabbat666 »

Beyond were a pretty good hard rock band from Hong Kong. who also had some good shredding solos.

i went to China a few years ago and met this really cool guy who owned a metal shop. i went there a few nights to drink beer with him and play tekken. we talked a lot about metal and he said there isnt too many older chinese metal bands. but since the mid 90s there are a lot of grindcore and death metal bands. there were only 2 thrash metal bands he is aware of. both never recorded past a few demos and one of em was his band.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

sabbat666 wrote:Beyond were a pretty good hard rock band from Hong Kong. who also had some good shredding solos.

i went to China a few years ago and met this really cool guy who owned a metal shop. i went there a few nights to drink beer with him and play tekken. we talked a lot about metal and he said there isnt too many older chinese metal bands. but since the mid 90s there are a lot of grindcore and death metal bands. there were only 2 thrash metal bands he is aware of. both never recorded past a few demos and one of em was his band.
Yeah I know about the chinese grind and death scene but I never got so interested about those bands. Maybe I'm missing some good stuff then, I don't know. :?

There's also Black Panther which claims to be the first Heavy/Hard Rock band in China but I haven't heard their stuff.
otakon

Post by otakon »

ergh i always hated Beyond... the Crystal Zone is ok though! Last chinese band i heard is Perditism... pretty boring black thrash. Chinese people are generally deadbeats when it comes to metal, always into HK pop and gay techno disco shit. i'm chinese btw hah
Derrick Metaliszta

Post by Derrick Metaliszta »

Hei Bao (Black panther) was very good, but they played 80s style hard rock, which I don't think many here would like. Anyways here's the video from their most famous song "Wu di zhi rong":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1YUfRoGFLw

Chao Zai (Overload) is another one of the few and legendary metal acts, they were good but later became a super gay pop band!
Melalui lorong hidupku, akan ku teruskan...
Pelayaran ini sehingga hujungnya!
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Derrick Metaliszta wrote:Hei Bao (Black panther) was very good, but they played 80s style hard rock, which I don't think many here would like. Anyways here's the video from their most famous song "Wu di zhi rong":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1YUfRoGFLw
That Black Panther song didnt sound too bad. Generic maybe but I have a thing for asian 80s hard rock.
Derrick Metaliszta wrote: Chao Zai (Overload) is another one of the few and legendary metal acts, they were good but later became a super gay pop band!
what kind of metal Chao Zai played?
otakon wrote:ergh i always hated Beyond... the Crystal Zone is ok though! Last chinese band i heard is Perditism... pretty boring black thrash. Chinese people are generally deadbeats when it comes to metal, always into HK pop and gay techno disco shit. i'm chinese btw hah
I confess that I also have a thing for HK pop :oops: (70's - early 90's mostly. I blame triad-flicks)