Candlemass Chronicles #5 - reunion special - out now!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
mordred

Candlemass Chronicles #5 - reunion special - out now!

Post by mordred »

Established in 2008, the purpose of the Candlemass Chronicles is to create an in depth biography of the band, in the form of magazines. Each issue focuses on one album from the Candlemass catalogue and goes into great detail about the recording process and that particular period of the band's history.

Now we are releasing issue #5 and feel we have something really special at hand. This time we cover the entire period from the big Candlemass reunion in 2001-2002, through the self-titled comeback album in 2005 and up until the final breakup of the classic lineup in 2006. Former vocalist Messiah Marcolin has been kind enough to go on the record for the first time ever about his exit from Candlemass so here and as of yet nowhere else you will get the entire story told from both sides.

The 40 pages (yes, biggest volume so far) feature interviews with the following people:

* Vocalist Messiah Marcolin
* Rhythm guitar player Mats ”Mappe” Björkman
* Lead guitar player Lars Johansson
* Bass player Leif Edling
* Drummer Janne Lindh
* Recording engineer and co-producer Pontus Norgren
* Album cover artist Tomas Arfert
* Tomas Eriksson, former singer of Candlemass tribute band Ancient Dreams

Price: 7 US dollars.

Postage: 2 dollars (within the US) or 6 dollars (rest of the world). Postage for two or three copies is 4 dollars (within the US) or 11 dollars (rest of the world). Get in touch for a postage quote for more than three copies.

Payment by paypal to: candlemasschronicles@yahoo.com

Available again is a very limited supply of each of our older issues. They are not likely to be reprinted again so this might be your last chance to fill that hole in your collection.

Issue #1: ”From the 13th Sun”. 24 pages featuring interviews with bass player Leif Edling, guitar player Mats Ståhl, vocalist Björn Flodkvist, drummer Jejo Perkovic, keyboard player Carl Westholm and sound engineer Björn Wallmark.

Issue #2: ”Epicus Doomicus Metallicus”. 36 pages featuring interviews with rhythm guitar player Mats ”Mappe” Björkman, session singer Johan Langquist, original drummer Matz Ekström, session lead guitar player Klas Bergwall, original guitar player Kristian Weberyd and recording engineer Ragne Wahlquist.

Issue #3: ”Chapter VI”. 36 pages featuring interviews with vocalist Thomas Vikström, lead guitar player Lars Johansson, rhythm guitar player Mats ”Mappe” Björkman, drummer Janne Lindh, recording engineer Rex Gisslén as well as managers Dave Constable and Lena Graf.

Issue: #4: ”King of the Grey Islands”. 36 pages featuring interviews with vocalist Robert Lowe, lead guitar player Lars Johansson, rhythm guitar player Mats ”Mappe” Björkman, drummer Janne Lindh, mixer Peter Tägtgren and mastering engineer Sören von Malmborg.

The older issues are 6 dollars each.

Important note: Orders will be shipped on Saturdays only. Work schedules and logistics unfortunately don’t allow more frequent trips to the post office so if you have placed an order on Monday we are asking you to please bear with us and not start e-mailing us on Friday asking where your copy is.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
mordred

Post by mordred »

anthares

Post by anthares »

You dont happen to be in Muskelrock with those?
GJ

Post by GJ »

I need those! If possible I would appreciate you bringing one copy of each except #4 to Muskelrock. The KotGI issue I got from you at KIT last year was a really interesting read. Or are the old issues only available from the US?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

GayPal sent, thanks!
mordred

Post by mordred »

anthares wrote:You dont happen to be in Muskelrock with those?
Unfortunately no. I mean, I'll be there, but I don't have a stock as such that allows for large scale hand-to-hand selling. The magazine is printed and distributed from the USA. Whenever we print a new issue I bring a bunch of copies over to Sweden but it's a limited bunch that is largely spoken for beforehand. I don't have any copies at all of the older issues, what's left of them are in the US.

I wish I could offer a better service, but I must point everybody outside Sweden towards ordering their copies by mail from the US.