The Mezmerist

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
tomas

The Mezmerist

Post by tomas »

Does anyone have information about this band? I checked Metal Archives and it didn't make me much wiser. It looks very interesting though but I haven't found anything on this band.
Maybe a more interesting question is if anyone has heard the Mezmerist EP? Maybe someone has some mp3s...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I discovered this band through this board or the Miskatonic board, don't remember anymore. Their EP is mindblowing IMO. It's some kind of surrealistic space rock/metal not really comparable to something else. Isn't their EP uploaded in the Poisonoise section?

I need an original, like everybody here. So, does someone has a box of them :D ?
Long Live The Loud !!!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Yes i downloaded the stuff when it was on Miskatonic.But i can assure this band sucks!The only positive(?) point is the guitar-masturbation on eastern melodies and the first song is a bit interesting.The vocals are worser than the most Metal Enterprises bands.I don't say, maybe you will like it.But to me this is very.... controversial band.Surely most people here have either good or bad opinions about them.
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

I think they (he) is fucking amazing! That EP is my #1 metal want of all time. Its just......amazing (to me at least). The vocals take time to get used to, but it grows on you fast.

If anyone has a copy, or knows someone who has it and thinks its crap, PLEASE email me! Im fucking desperate...really...

My #2 is Mistreater's "Hells Fire", but in about a week I can devote more time to finding the Mezmerist, because I wont need to look for Hells Fire anymore. :wink:

....I wish everyone else thought The Mezmerist sucked so I could buy it on ebay for $5 :D
tomas

Post by tomas »

Now I'm even more interested. If people have very extreme opinions about bands ('awful' vs. 'amazing' and nothing in between), those bands are special. Can someone please upload this?
BestialLust

Post by BestialLust »

I also downloaded that EP from Miskatonic a while back, and it is in my CD player perhaps more than anything else I have downloaded from other forums before.
beerandjesus

Post by beerandjesus »

Gotta chime in and say that I absolutely LOVE that Mezmerist record... it's easily in my top-10 metal records of all time!

I can see where the hand-claps might be off-putting for some people, but there's nothing else that sounds quite like it. I think this record is totally essential, and way better than lots of other highly-rated records, like Hammeron, Dragonne, VXN, or Taist of Iron.... not that those four aren't great in their own ways!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Love it too. Sounds very Italian to my ears, i.e. plenty of spacey Paul Chain vibes. Definitely something for fans of BLACK HOLE, LESTER MADDOX, DWARR etc..

And yes I need one too. Badly.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

This EP is GODLY! A macabre mixture of Black Hole/Mercyful fate and garage rock! Many people consider it crap and it's certainly not for every taste, i personally find it absolutely unique!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Found a cd-r of this amongst my collection ,didn't even know I had it ,and can't remember downloading it (From Miskatonic I guess ,I only know I must've d/l'ed it because my handwriting is on the disc :lol: ) -needless to say ,superb stuff!
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

What a great band! I love this kind of heavy/doom stuff.
Indeed reminds of the italian stuff and especially demo-era Black Hole.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
BestialLust

Post by BestialLust »

the erlking wrote: Indeed reminds of the italian stuff and especially demo-era Black Hole.
Perhaps a comparable 'mystical' feeling, indeed. Can anybody think of less-obvious bands that are in some way similar?
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

BestialLust wrote:
the erlking wrote: Indeed reminds of the italian stuff and especially demo-era Black Hole.
Perhaps a comparable 'mystical' feeling, indeed. Can anybody think of less-obvious bands that are in some way similar?
I thought of demo-era black hole because they sounded a slight less "doomy" on the demo tapes than in 'land of mystery' in my ears and i think this band is a similar mix of strict heavy metal, doom and that "mystical feeling". Though I'm sure there are better bands to compare with this.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance