Frigid Bich - Tyrants Of A Generation (Stormbringer Records)

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stormbringer

Frigid Bich - Tyrants Of A Generation (Stormbringer Records)

Post by Stormbringer »

With the Boss Tweed record finally being available, I figured I should should let you all know that up next on Stormbringer will be a record with Frigid Bich. It's not exactly a well kept sectret, but I guess some have perhaps not heard about this before.

I've been discussing this record with Joe from the band pretty much since I found out that OPM wouldn't release any material of the Mark II era of the band. It's been something like 6 - 7 years but finally it'll happen.

We're working on piecing everything together at the moment. There won't be a gap of over a year between two releases this time. Hopefully it'll be ready by the summer or the fall at the latest. It'll most likely come with a gatefold cover and a 20 page booklet. It'll include studio & live material from 1983 - 85.

More info to follow...
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Cool, sounds like a good release

SO where might one acquire the Boss Tweed release? :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Stormbringer

Post by Stormbringer »

The Frigid Bich record is finally available. Only took some 8 years or so since I first got in touch with Joe about doing this!

Includes various recordings of the second line-up of the band (1983 - 1986). Some of the bonus live stuff (covers of Motörhead, The Rods & Anvil) are sourced from a previosuly uncirculated soundboard live tape. Comes with a gatefold cover and a thick 20 pages full color booklet with in depth liner notes by singer Joe Leonard + lots of old photos etc.

If you're only familiar with the earlier stuff of the band (the self-released 45 and the 10" OPM did) you should know that their later stuff was a lot more aggressive and in your face. Absolutely bad ass mid 80's US metal as far as I'm concerned! Some of the songs are on You Tube if you want to check them out. Here's We Rule The Night that was included on the new York Metal -84 compilation album : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WujGq5RpgcM

Since this record weighs more than a double album it'll cost a lot to send copies out. High Roller have copies in stock and several other distributors in Europe should have copies soon.

250 copies on white vinyl and 250 copies on black. A few photos :

The_Elite

Post by The_Elite »

What's your email address? I don't use myspace.....
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

nightsblood wrote:SO where might one acquire the Boss Tweed release? :)
Got mine from Damon a few weeks back, he should still have copies. email:

bosstweedlp@charter.net

Cost ~$25 shipped (black wax), worth every penny. One of the best releases of the year. Frigid Bich is very anticipated.
Stormbringer

Post by Stormbringer »

Damon still have some copies left of the Boss Tweed record. If anyone overseas want a copy - get in touch with him.

If anyone wants to get in touch with me for more info regarding the Frigid Bich record you can do so at :

stormbringerATmbox302DOTswipnetDOTse

I wish I could charge $25 for a record - that barely cover the postage sending a copy of the Frigid Bich record outside Europe!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Nice to see this finished. I'll order one right away since the stuff on youtube gets me pretty excited. And the track on New York Metal was always ace.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Some really great raging metal here, I've been listening the last two hours to "The kids are gonna fight" and "Metal on denim on leather", killer tunes. For me the best material of the band. Amazing and very informative booklet as well, a great release overall, even though another photo for the front cover could be used.

edit: singer reminds me of Glen Dobbs of Paradoxx at some points, something very positive as far as I'm concerned.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Funny you should bump this thread now, I just (finally) ordered this from Iron Bonehead a couple days ago. Can't wait!