Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2012)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Good luck to the next poor owner of that crap. Looks like it isn't that rare. Must be the 5th or 6th copy seen in 2011 or 2012. :wink:

However, just wanted to place my usual 25 $ bid for "common crap" and had to see this insanity:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/350520104447?ssP ... 1438.l2649

It looks like also in 2012 the 08/15 US Metal/Hard Rock 7 inches will end up at insane prices.
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Only the ones a certain German collector doesn't have...
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

LethylSteel wrote:Good luck to the next poor owner of that crap. Looks like it isn't that rare. Must be the 5th or 6th copy seen in 2011 or 2012. :wink:
We get it, you don't like the LE record. Get over it already.
I never have understood why some people have to constantly talk trash about a band/record they don't like. Your opinion is noted; some people agree and some people don't- let it go. :roll:

Moving from opinions to facts: There are about 7-8 copies known in collectors' hands, and about 5 of them have been in collectors' hands for several years. TMK only 2 were offered for sale in 2011 (and that includes the copy currently on ebay), and these were the first two to turn up out of the blue. 3 copies were offered for sale in 2010; they all came from collectors, and the first 2010 copy sold was the first time the record had been offered on ebay. Also, at least one copy has changed hands twice in the past two years, so that's 2 sales but of the same copy. There could be a couple of copies/sales that I am not aware of, but that still makes the total known < 10 copies. Thus, there have not been 5-6 copies seen in 2011-2012.

Between your constant, disparaging comments and your attempt to make the album seem less rare, I'd swear you're just trying to play it down so other people won't bid on the record and then you can get it really cheap :lol: Maybe you should go on popsike and rank the closed auction prices as "way too high" to help scare off some of your competition :D j/k
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

nightsblood wrote: Between your constant, disparaging comments and your attempt to make the album seem less rare, I'd swear you're just trying to play it down so other people won't bid on the record and then you can get it really cheap :lol:
Haha..
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

nightsblood wrote: Between your constant, disparaging comments and your attempt to make the album seem less rare, I'd swear you're just trying to play it down so other people won't bid on the record and then you can get it really cheap :lol: Maybe you should go on popsike and rank the closed auction prices as "way too high" to help scare off some of your competition :D j/k
Guess what? You're right in some way. :wink:
If I'd come across a cheap copy I'd buy it without remorse. I've bought bigger shit in the past nobody would say no to a 20 $ copy. I buy everything I can get my hands on but the price and music should be in the correct relation. People just don't have the balls to say "this record is crap" because someone asks 500 $ for it and 10 other people list it as highest priority, but does it make a crappy record cult? I doubt it ... :lol:
That's the sad story about real vinyl collecting. :lol:

average Hard Rock, worth around 20 $:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/230726633469?ssP ... 1438.l2649
outlawrecordings

Post by outlawrecordings »

LethylSteel wrote:the price and music should be in the correct relation. People just don't have the balls to say "this record is crap" because someone asks 500 $ for it and 10 other people list it as highest priority, but does it make a crappy record cult? I doubt it ... :lol: That's the sad story about real vinyl collecting. :lol:
I couldn't agree more. Some of the "rarest" metal records that command $1000's don't stand up to common LPs you can find in dollar bins! Somewhere along the line collectors got confused about something being "rare" meaning the music must be "KILLER" and in my opinion/experience it just doesn't always correlate.

But hey, people have the right to buy what they want, no skin off my teeth!
http://www.outlawrecordings.net
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Saw this on a italian heavy metal news website ... I guess nobody here cares about AC/DC (I don't :p !) http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-DC-Can-Sit-N ... 3370157082
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

Helstar wrote:I guess nobody here cares about AC/DC
I dare to seriously doubt that
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Pffff .... the lucky seller can eat from golden spoons now. Now the price for that record has drastically increased because of one insaniac paying that money! :wink:
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

auction wrote:Very limited pressing, only a few thousands copies (probably no more than 300)
300000 copies? Doesn't sound so rare to me... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

LethylSteel wrote:Pffff .... the lucky seller can eat from golden spoons now. Now the price for that record has drastically increased because of one insaniac paying that money! :wink:
Not sure about that... The last copy that turned up on ebay sold for $400 in practically unplayable condition (warped, scratched, fucked up sleeve). I was actually surprised this one did not end higher.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Damn, i really want this Graf Spee LP...
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

this is great haha

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEATLES-Ye-Ye-Y ... 53eab8e6a1

Los Beatles - Ye, Ye, Ye!

Paul Jonh George Ringo