The WORST of the Worst

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
beerandjesus

Post by beerandjesus »

Man, I think that Dark Ages is brilliant!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The name of the topic must soon be changed...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

ION BRITTON wrote:The name of the topic must soon be changed...
No way! Ya all got crappy taste in music, that's all :lol:

I need to buy a new stereo->computer cord and won't be able to rip the worstest titles until the weekend, but here's an extremely primitive & messed up release well worthy of inclusion here. It's not totally unlistenable, so I can sort of understand if this someone would get into this one too. Heck, I'll rather play this album on a rainy day that boring-crappy EXTERMINATOR.

http://rapidshare.com/files/43559742/MO ... 4.rar.html

Some more info and cover art courtesy of Rainer K.

On the Weird & Wacky side of things, if you missed downloading it from the Obscure Compilations thread you MUST check out the "Girls & Boys - Helge's 87" comp!
The Corroseum wrote:"Girls & Boys - Helge's '87" LP '87
Oh my... I - really - don't know quite how to start describing this record. Let's just set the mood for you by explaining that "Girls & Boys" is thee strangest album ever released in Sweden. On the surface it looks just like any other local compilation, perhaps with the exception of the hilarious, extra corny cover art, but when impaling side A of this peculiar platter on your turntable you are in for quite a ride. You see, the good people at Helge's youth café in the town of Gävle though it would be a great idea to let the younger kids (probably about 9-13) fill up the 1st side of the album with their musical projects. To spice things up a bit, why not let them run rampant with preteen creativity and give them no directions whatsoever of how to compose and produce a rock song? The result became one of the most special albums I've ever had the fortune to come across, and as much as I'd like to dissect the insane lolita-pop of PINK BABYCATS, the minimalist melancholic disco of MINIMAX, the haunting, all-girl 'unintentional Goth-rock' of HERINS etc, I will try and stick to the more HR/HM oriented acts in order to keep the Metal-puritans reading. However, distinctions can be hard when we're talking about music this primitive. It's kinda hard to tell if the kids in ZERO ZONE (no relation to Zone Zero whatsoever) had Metal in their mind when writing their 50 second, lead-heavy, instrumental fuzz-monster "Good", even if the riffing sure invites to some serious headbanging. Or if the fucking intense rocker "Let's Go" by MIX MUSIC is an attempt to kick the shit out of the 10 years older garage rock mob or hard rock community. And I can't really say if ATOMIC really meant to go so all-out Doom-Dark-Epic Metal on their "Windrider" or if they just wanted to make a basic, slow rocker under all those wind-effects and reverbs. I guess OUR METAL had HM on their mind when recording their 1:40 instrumental "Let's Kill", but the riffing is so generic it could be classified as just about anything. Not bad for what looks like three 9-year-olds, though. The ultimate cult-piece on this LP is however the incredible "The Cop" by the young 'geniuses' in SECRET METAL. This stumbling piece of anti-authoritarian Metal weirdness defies all description and alone makes the whole album into a curiosity.
There's also a side B on this album, mind you. This side seem to be dedicated to the older high-school kids, but unfortunately all of these bands fall into the abyss of below-average normality. The heavier acts are as follows: WILDERNESS = instrumental guitar jack-off stuff for muso bastards, RED'N'BLACK VIPER = substandard attempt at Hard Rock/NWOBHM-styled 'hit'-making, MANITOU = totally forgettable instrumental Metal, and finally OZARK = so bloody awful HR/HM it'll crack you up. OK, it's funny stuff, but unlike the A-side acts these babies are no longer cute, if you know what I mean.

Finally a request: Does anyone have the VAUGHN - "Holy Metal" 12" for upload? From what I've heard this is supposed to be exceptionally awful.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:
Finally a request: Does anyone have the VAUGHN - "Holy Metal" 12" for upload? From what I've heard this is supposed to be exceptionally awful.
Yeah i'd like to hear that one too. The front cover was at least ridiculous. and i really doubt about its metallicness. The two original copies i've seen were sold for about 80-100$...

EDIT: Or maybe we should be put it this way if we want an upload: Does anyone have VAUGHN's OUTSTANDING piece of steel called "Holy Metal" for upload? Eternal thanx to the uploader in advance :)

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
tomas

Post by tomas »

Some of the stuff on the Girls & Boys compilation reminded me of Kleenex/Liliput and The Raincoats :)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

tomas wrote:Some of the stuff on the Girls & Boys compilation reminded me of Kleenex/Liliput and The Raincoats :)
My thoughts exactly when I heard it the first time. Or rather those old class acts meets THE SHAGGS.

Edit: Yeah, this is OT, but we're referring to the non-"Metal" acts on this compilation. About half of the contributions could be placed within the HR/HM-sphere if you go by intentions alone.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:
I need to buy a new stereo->computer cord and won't be able to rip the worstest titles until the weekend, but here's an extremely primitive & messed up release well worthy of inclusion here. It's not totally unlistenable, so I can sort of understand if this someone would get into this one too. Heck, I'll rather play this album on a rainy day that boring-crappy EXTERMINATOR.

http://rapidshare.com/files/43559742/MO ... 4.rar.html

This one makes EXTERMINATOR sound like WATCHTOWER....Pheeeeeew, where should i start from? The guitarist must have at least 4-5 of his fingers cut-off, i can't give any other explanation for the masterfully played "riffs" (well riff is a word i use so that you can understand me, they sound more like mean farts or sick cat-screams...). Drums? Just hit whatever stands in your way dude, that's drumming! Awful vocals, but they're not so FUCKING AWFUL like the guitars and the drums. Undoubtedly the worst album of this thread so far, we must try A LOT to surpass it with another upload. Dan can understand why someone would get into it, but i can't. No. I can't.

Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

metal archives wrote:The band released 8 demos (6demo tapes & 2 cd demo),1lp,1ep,1 cd compilation and 1 cd
Bring it ooooooon!!!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

VERY interesting :shock: :shock:

Will listen to it today
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Here's the cover + insert of DARK AGES:

Yesterday I was supposed to rip the KUSTER stuff, but some technical problems got in the way and I need to get a new soundcard. In the meantime you may feast your eyes at these:

(click for hi-res scans)
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Long Live The Hard Rock
Shit to new wave
Shit to punk
Shit to disco

:lol:

One of the most retarded bands i've ever heard. Wait 'till Dan uploads their stuff...

Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

"We Are the Best"! Sodding hell!

*clutches ribs in agony*
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Morcegos! what an obscure record, I got a copy a few years back with just the plain cover, I guess I need to dust it off and give it a listen, I seem to remember liking it for some reason...

I decided I really need to share the high production values?!? of this lp cover:

anthares

Post by anthares »

Thanx for Morcegos! I am impressed again what there comes from Brasil again! Reminds something like Atack Epileptico or other brasilian candidates. Have to find this gem!