New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
dford

Post by dford »

Black Axe wrote:
dford wrote:Can't believe I forgot Motorhead The World Is Yours, so impressed with this one. Most of the their albums have been hit and miss lately, this one could be added to the "listen from beginning to end" thread for me.
You had it right the first time around. TWIY is a 2010 album. ;)
It wasn't released in Canada until Jan 2011, but your right on the fact it was released late 2010 elsewhere.
Another great thing about that album for me is every time I play it, it has a lot of memories associated with it. I was doing a 5 day coarse for work in Edmonton Alberta and had to rent a car and it snowed like crazy, really bad weather. The only cd I had was this one and I listened to all day driving around sliding everywhere and stuck in traffic. Kinda like a soundtrack to blizzards and car accidents!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

dford wrote:I was doing a 5 day coarse for work in Edmonton Alberta and had to rent a car and it snowed like crazy, really bad weather. The only cd I had was this one and I listened to all day driving around sliding everywhere and stuck in traffic. Kinda like a soundtrack to blizzards and car accidents!
Was this last year in Feb/March? We had a freakishly huge dump of snow then. I remember having to dig out my condo on several occasions. Not cool.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
dford

Post by dford »

Yes it was. I was driving some little tin can of a car getting blown all over the road, I remember driving north on Highway 2 amazed at the amount of cars off the road. Weather is certainly crazy their at times. You should experience the weather in Newfoundland, I forgot after 12 yrs away how insane the wind is.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

2011?
It passed by in a blur.
The self-titled MIDNIGHT CHASER EP was very enjoyable if derivative, i've yet to catch up with their full length.
The DEVIL's BLOOD album seemed a little disappointing to me initially, but has really grown on me in the last month.
And i got a great compilation of 70's Indonesian Hard/Prog/Psych rock called "Those Shocking Shaking Days" which i can't stop playing. It's brilliant stuff.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Gorgeous 3 lp set with big booklet! Some really interesting material here.
If you think you might like Funk/psych I would suggest you get a copy of the Stone Coal White lp that came out a few months ago, deadly stuff.

[quote="bigfootkit"
And i got a great compilation of 70's Indonesian Hard/Prog/Psych rock called "Those Shocking Shaking Days" which i can't stop playing. It's brilliant stuff.[/quote]
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

doomedplanet wrote:If you think you might like Funk/psych I would suggest you get a copy of the Stone Coal White lp that came out a few months ago, deadly stuff.
Thanks for the tip, i shall investigate that asap.
:D
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Thanks for the tips. I will get both Stone Coal White & Those Shocking Shaking Days. :P
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

got also hooked on those, checked on Those Shocking Shaking Days, 3LP already ordered :D

in 2011, I got about 30 "new" metal albums, of which my favorite 15 would be:

1. ARCH / MATHEOS - Sympathetic Resonance
2. PRIMORDIAL - Redemption at the Puritan's Hand
3. OPETH - Heritage
4. HELL - Human Remains
5. PORTRAIT - Crimen Laesae Majestatis
6. NECROS CHRISTOS - Doom of the Occult
7. WHILE HEAVEN WEPT - Fear of Infitiy
8. POWERWOLF - Blood of the Saints
9. ANTHRAX - Worship Music
10. KRUX - III - He who sleeps among the Stars
11. MACHINE HEAD - Unto the Locust
12. RIOT - Immortal Soul
13. ALPHA TIGER - Man or Machine
14. ARKHAM WITCH - On Crom's Mountain
15. MIDNIGHT PRIEST - s/t

ranking within 1-5 and 6-15 may differ from day to day :wink:

no bitter dissapointments, also hard to pick favourite SONGS.
best concerts: IRON MAIDEN and MOTÖRHEAD
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Element0s

Post by Element0s »

In no particular order,

Hell - Human Remains
Arch/Matheos - Sympathetic Resonance
Alpha Tiger - Man or Machines
Riot - Immortal Soul
Primordial - Redemption at the Puritans Hand
Hrom - Queen of Steel EP
Borrowed Time - Demo/Fog in the Valley single
Midnight Priest - S/T
Portrait - Crimen Laesae Majestatis
Argus - Boldly Stride the Doomed

A few more I'm sure, but these stood out
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Thanks for steering me towards that Stone Coal White album, it's very good stuff indeed.
bigfootkit wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:If you think you might like Funk/psych I would suggest you get a copy of the Stone Coal White lp that came out a few months ago, deadly stuff.
Thanks for the tip, i shall investigate that asap.
:D
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Solid year, rather not many outstanding releases i would say. My faves so far are:

HIGH SPIRITS
BORROWED TIME demo+7"
ANTICHRIST
SIGN OF THE JACKAL
ARKHAM WITCH
SPELLCASTER
SLINGBLADE
CRUEL FORCE

Best demo bands:
AIR RAID
TRIAL
AXECUTER
MESSERSCHMITT

Best re-issues:
EVIL BLOOD, TENEBRES, BOSS TWEED, TRUFFLE...
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

great! Glockose told me about it a bit before it was released. It makes me wonder what else is out there that might be as good in this subcategory.
bigfootkit wrote:Thanks for steering me towards that Stone Coal White album, it's very good stuff indeed.
[/quote]
dford

Post by dford »

I've seen the Hell cd mentioned quite a few times and am a little surprised by the fact that I don't listen to it much. I thought it would be a huge release for me and do enjoy it when I hear it, it just didn't hit me the way I expected. Maybe I'm to used to the demo's or the bootleg lp.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

dford wrote:I've seen the Hell cd mentioned quite a few times and am a little surprised by the fact that I don't listen to it much. I thought it would be a huge release for me and do enjoy it when I hear it, it just didn't hit me the way I expected. Maybe I'm to used to the demo's or the bootleg lp.
Don't worry! You are not alone. Overrated like hell :lol: i.m.o. !!! I bought the digipack double CD edition, kept the cd with the old recordings and gave away the new recordings to a friend (who love it, too, by the way :lol: )
dford

Post by dford »

Don't worry! You are not alone. Overrated like hell :lol: i.m.o. !!! I bought the digipack double CD edition, kept the cd with the old recordings and gave away the new recordings to a friend (who love it, too, by the way :lol: )[/quote]
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it when I play it, I certainly don't find it overrated, it's much better than alot I've heard this year and most likely would of played it much more if I wasn't so familiar with it.