HROM Power Metal from Canada!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Speedeceiver

HROM Power Metal from Canada!

Post by Speedeceiver »

Hey guys,

My band Hrom has just finished recording our new EP entitled "QUEEN OF STEEL". If you like bands like Helloween(Keeper and Walls era), Chroming Rose(Early), Blind Guardian etc; then you might like this!

Here's the first song "Thunder Assassin" on youtube:
http://youtu.be/V3L5jFdT7lc

Also, for about a week you can download all 4 tracks here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?g6sm9ly5ouxh4fm

Let me know what you guys think!
daniel

Post by daniel »

Enjoyed this, thanks. Amazing voice, lot of Russ North in there among others. Music reminds me of good US Power/Speed though more than those specific German bands (guess a lot of it is to do with the vocals). Like the sound you have.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I've heard the Steel Legacy release, first impression was that it sounded good and with the right influences, but as time passed I also realized that it wasn't dangerous enough, it didn't bite, if you know what I mean. I'll check the new tunes later, maybe something has changed, who knows.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Speedeceiver

Post by Speedeceiver »

daniel wrote:Enjoyed this, thanks. Amazing voice, lot of Russ North in there among others. Music reminds me of good US Power/Speed though more than those specific German bands (guess a lot of it is to do with the vocals). Like the sound you have.
Yea the vocals draw a lot of influence from the bands i mentioned. I hear what you are saying about the actual music though, thanks!

ION BRITTON wrote:I've heard the Steel Legacy release, first impression was that it sounded good and with the right influences, but as time passed I also realized that it wasn't dangerous enough, it didn't bite, if you know what I mean. I'll check the new tunes later, maybe something has changed, who knows.
The sound we have on this EP is better than that of the album. Much heavier production!
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Lots of power & might. Those whoas make the song. Hray for Hrom!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
dford

Post by dford »

I don't listen to much stuff like this but have to say I really enjoyed it, great stuff. When is the actual release coming out and what label?
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

Have been listening this a lot lately. Congrats about the EP, when and in which format is it going to be released?, maybe we could arrange a trade?
My favorite song on the EP is Fighting Force, reminds a little to Scanner on Hypertrace.
Speedeceiver

Post by Speedeceiver »

Thanks for the feedback guys!

We don't have a label yet, so we're releasing it ourselves on CD this month. Go check out our facebook for the latest news and w/e

https://www.facebook.com/Hromcanada