Black Metal bands like Nifelheim

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Black Metal bands like Nifelheim

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I love Nifelheim.Their debut was a surprise.I would appreciate if anyone could give me recommendations about bands close to that primitive black metal sound.I really want to scare the Dimmu Borgir-Cradle Of Filth fan-wimps. :lol: :twisted:
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I've been a close friend to the Evil IRON MAIDEN-Twins even longer than I've been a NIFELHEIM-fan, but I can safely say there isn't any other "old school" BM bands even close to The Mighty NIFELHEIM, so you can stop searching.

The new album should be finished as we write. I'll try to give an exclusive Corroseum report asap..
peterott

Re: Black Metal bands like Nifelheim

Post by peterott »

Fucking Åmål wrote:I love Nifelheim.Their debut was a surprise.I would appreciate if anyone could give me recommendations about bands close to that primitive black metal sound.I really want to scare the Dimmu Borgir-Cradle Of Filth fan-wimps. :lol: :twisted:
what about these:

Mordant (Sweden) - closest comparission I can find. Very much Nifelheim sounding.

Else, check out Pagan Rites, Damnation (Sweden) and older Eidomantum.
DeathLörd

Post by DeathLörd »

FACE OF EVIL (Swe) kind of has that NIFELHEIM style in a way. No IRON MAIDEN style guitars though. F.O.E. were closer to VENOM. Killer LP on MetalBlood!! Get it if you can find it!!

Can't wait for the next NIFELHEIM!!!!!!!!!! Keep us updated DaN!
BestialLust

Post by BestialLust »

DeathLörd wrote:FACE OF EVIL (Swe) kind of has that NIFELHEIM style in a way. No IRON MAIDEN style guitars though. F.O.E. were closer to VENOM. Killer LP on MetalBlood!! Get it if you can find it!!

Can't wait for the next NIFELHEIM!!!!!!!!!! Keep us updated DaN!
Was about to mention Face of Evil before I opened this thread. They are the only thing I've ever heard that comes close to the barbarity of Nifelheim. The Mordant MCD I have had on my tradelist for 3 years is pretty weak, I have to say.
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

DaN wrote: there isn't any other "old school" BM bands even close to The Mighty NIFELHEIM, so you can stop searching.

co-signed

/nobandwagon!
beerandjesus

Post by beerandjesus »

Is anyone else on here into all that new black metal stuff (well, since the mid-90s), all that bedroom black metal and the like? I'm way into that stuff, but it's not metal to me, more like an entirely different genre, so I'm not really inclined to talk about it on this board. Curious, though!

Meanwhile, I'll have to check out Nifelheim... never heard that record, so thanks for the tip!
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

beerandjesus wrote:Is anyone else on here into all that new black metal stuff (well, since the mid-90s), all that bedroom black metal and the like? I'm way into that stuff, but it's not metal to me, more like an entirely different genre, so I'm not really inclined to talk about it on this board.
You stick with that inclination...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

beerandjesus wrote:Is anyone else on here into all that new black metal stuff (well, since the mid-90s), all that bedroom black metal and the like? I'm way into that stuff, but it's not metal to me, more like an entirely different genre, so I'm not really inclined to talk about it on this board. Curious, though!

Meanwhile, I'll have to check out Nifelheim... never heard that record, so thanks for the tip!
I can sorta tap my feet at stuff like that, but I've never felt the need to dive any deeper into the the scene. I'd agree that it's quite a step away from traditional HM too.

NIFELHEIM wouldn't belong in this scene. They're way more riff/song-oriented than your average old school BM/BATHORY clone. Plenty of old MASTER'S HAMMER in there though. "Servants Of Darkness" is their opus magnum and a great startingpoint.
humus

Post by humus »

beerandjesus wrote:Is anyone else on here into all that new black metal stuff (well, since the mid-90s), all that bedroom black metal and the like? I'm way into that stuff, but it's not metal to me, more like an entirely different genre, so I'm not really inclined to talk about it on this board. Curious, though!
I am. Not as much as I used too though, only very few worthy releases come out and the whole attitude just isn't my cup of tea. Check out bands like Sigrblot, Grand belial's key or The ruins of beverast if you haven't already.

On the subject of Nifelheim, I'll add my voice to the fanboy-choir. Absolutely great band, will see them live in december for the first time and looking forward to it very much. I still kick myself in the face for not picking up their 3 records when Iron pegasus was selling them for 20 DM each.

If you like black/thrash you can check out Desaster, Destroyer666, Razor of occam, Aura noir,...not as riff orientated as Nifelheim (except for Desaster maybe) but great music.
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

add gehennah to that list