UK Thrash

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

SACRILEGE - Behind the realms of madness, DEATHWISH early demos plus LPs, early Skyclad, Sabbat, Onslaught - The Force (Flame of the Antichrist... one of the best intros ever), Annihilated - The Ultimate Desecration, English Dogs - Forward into Battle, Legion - 3 track demo (Ok sounding demo tape I picked up, metallica wannabees)
anthares

Post by anthares »

Hydra Vein is pretty ok also.
Nicko McBuff wrote:Onslaught - The Force (Flame of the Antichrist... one of the best intros ever),)
I prefer the intro of Demoniac :)
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

UK thrash is the best joke after Greek gothic metal :lol: :lol:
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

I`d never call it a joke, but I`ve never been impressed by the British thrash. Sabbat never clicked on me, as well as Sacrilege, Anihilated and (believe it or not) Onslaught sound rather average to me. The British have always been better at doom or trad metal, methinks.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

If you can't call it a joke it's gay (=fake) thrash metal. A touch of Detritus & Seventh Angel & that's it. I do prefer thrash from Hong Kong 8)
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:If you can't call it a joke it's gay (=fake) thrash metal. A touch of Detritus & Seventh Angel & that's it. I do prefer thrash from Hong Kong 8)
Any recommendations? :wink:
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I must be gay then because I certainly like Sacrilege, Onslaught, Wolfpack, Sabbat and Deliverance more than plenty of American and German Thrash bands. Not to mention bands like Venom or Amebix that might not be strictly Thrash but have plenty of it in their sound and they're excellent.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Fuck those shitty US thrash bands, they're the real joke.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Nothing gayish about Sacrilege, Amebix, Onslaught etc. etc.
As far as I'm concerned stuff like that is always preferred from various US thrash 'classic' acts
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:If you can't call it a joke it's gay (=fake) thrash metal. A touch of Detritus & Seventh Angel & that's it. I do prefer thrash from Hong Kong 8)
Seventh Angel is a good one. But then I also enjoy Xentrix and Toranaga.

If UK Thrash is gay/fake, then what about Japanese Thrash? :lol:
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Herkus Monte wrote:
Any recommendations? :wink:
Start with Azylum & you will find the way... :D

--> Sabbat's music has no beginning & no end. A total mess. You can't consider as thrash, a punk or doom band (like Sacrilege or Amebix) with just 1 or 2 thrashy release(s).

mega_lodon wrote:
Seventh Angel is a good one. But then I also enjoy Xentrix and Toranaga.

If UK Thrash is gay/fake, then what about Japanese Thrash? :lol:
ok Toranaga is good but very "commercial" stuff. Xentrix is the definition of gay thrash for me. Let's not talk about Japanese thrash :lol:
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Seventh Angel is indeed a superb band. Very original sound and one of the Christian bands that does not have off-putting lyrics. Good stuff.

Toranga is great but I consider them a power/thrash band or even a US power metal one. Not really that thrashy.

Detritus would be cool if not for the horrible preaching lyrics.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:You can't consider as thrash, a punk or doom band (like Sacrilege or Amebix) with just 1 or 2 thrashy release(s).
Sacrilege has just 1 doomy release. So get your facts straight.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

1st Sacrilege can't be called pure thrash either.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Hey guys just compare Scarilege with Sentinel Beast's Depths of death to realize how the FF thrash should be 8)