Insane ebay auctions - VINYL, tapes & merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

glockose wrote:
nightsblood wrote:glokcose- that probably will start to play a role in ebay tactics. However, the smart way to do it will be to leave the item up for as long as possible, see what the bids are like, see what offers you get, then close the auction shortly before it ends and sell it to the best offer/highest bidder. That way you maximize the 'advertising time' through ebay, but the item won't count as being sold via ebay. In the Savage Grace case, the guy closed the auction in less than 2 days, and he didn't even bother to get an offer from people (me) who contacted him right away and said, "I'll make you an offer if you're interested in closing it early". That seems like a really bad way to sell things if you want to get the most money possible for them. Of course, you and I have previously discussed how many people simply do not know how to sell things in a way that maximizes their profit ;)

Bottom line is this- that seller will never know if he could have gotten more money for the record because he just took the first offer that came along.
From taking a look at his other auctions I would guess he either made a mistake 49.99 should have been 499.99, or like I stated before he desided to keep it, Also he could have said yes to the first offer and kept it up until he got paid.....
You are correct; we do not know for certain that it was sold.

I also wondered if he just realized it was worth more and will re-list it, though I would expect that to happen sooner rather than later. If it was a typo- 49.99 was supposed to be $499- then he could have re-listed it right away.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

How much is the clear Savage Grace expected to bring in, anyway? I know Mr. Daub said there were only a handful copies in existence.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Khnud wrote:How much is the clear Savage Grace expected to bring in, anyway? I know Mr. Daub said there were only a handful copies in existence.
Good question- now we'll never know! That's one reason I got irked that it was ended early; even if I couldn't afford it (and I probably couldn't), I at least wanted to see how much it brought :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

XCEL wrote:Someone was sssssssssssssso lucky to get this ultra rarity for peanuts with BIN
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPLIT-DECISION- ... 3cbbdfc727
I dont know this one. Is it really Metal or more Psych/Hard Rock/whatever? The Cover at least looks promising.
We praise the blood that metal brings
XCEL

Post by XCEL »

OmenOfSteel wrote:
XCEL wrote:Someone was sssssssssssssso lucky to get this ultra rarity for peanuts with BIN
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPLIT-DECISION- ... 3cbbdfc727
I dont know this one. Is it really Metal or more Psych/Hard Rock/whatever? The Cover at least looks promising.
Only a handful copies in collectors hands,fantastic basement sounding hard rock,i have a copy in my collection
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

-Becky
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

nightsblood wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ink:top:en

awfully high already
Crazy :shock:
"I am NOT a collector"
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INNOXIOUS-MESSE ... 336bb009e5

I'm not sure if this one is worth such amount of money(Even musically it's not good enough).I mean this auction smells fishy to me.Just look at these shill bids...
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

I was watching that too. Reckon it's that strappado guy?
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

I reported him to ebay already but don't know if that works...ebay wins money by the shill bidding.... wrote to him over facebook and in the 80's collector's group...he answered so that you can recognize ("I need money") his plans....

It is definitely shill bidding on all 4 auctions. Seller zero feedback, and the bidder also zero and no reason to bid on all 4 from the collector's or metalhead's point of view...ridiculous....yes it is the Strappado guy...

And the bad thing is that the high bidder is a GOOD friend of mine (you all know who it is..:-) and was so stupid to bid already so high with the first bid that the game works for this Norwegian 7"...
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

perishinflames wrote:Reckon it's that strappado guy?
I think he is since he's offered a spare copy for sale/trade (some months ago).
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I reported him anyway. Don't think there's a more obvious case of shill bidding than this one.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart