BROCAS HELM LP + CONVIXION Single NEW RELEASES!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

This album was especially advertised and marketed as "limited edition", a repress with only slight differences does not feel right, I already told Greg my opinion about this by email.

Bad thing, this "tactic" is more and more taking over, and in the end it will be a boomerag because all private "re-sellers" hoping for raising prices will jump of the wagon and not order again (or just 1 personal copy) as a limited edition that will be repressed again and again does not have much collectors value anymore.
Sales will go down when the market gets flooded.

And about the argument of "everyone should have it on vinyl": Might be true, but in this case dont make a LIMITED EDITION in the first place! It's like a cheat and I dont like this one bit.

The last SLOUGH FEG was released on vinyl without limitation for example. In this case noone will have a problem when it will be repressed again and again.
We praise the blood that metal brings
Jens

Post by Jens »

OmenOfSteel wrote: Bad thing, this "tactic" is more and more taking over, and in the end it will be a boomerag because all private "re-sellers" hoping for raising prices will jump of the wagon and not order again (or just 1 personal copy) as a limited edition that will be repressed again and again does not have much collectors value anymore.
Sales will go down when the market gets flooded.
So that's the good part. Right?
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

I didn't get why you bought it in the first place,because it is limited,because it was supposed to be a "collector's item" or because you wanted the LP?
Never trust the Goblin King....
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Jens wrote:So that's the good part. Right?
If a flooded market -> decreasing sales -> less releases on vinyl (remember the 90ies when vinyl was already dead?) is what you want: yes thats the good part.
Trigger wrote:I didn't get why you bought it in the first place,because it is limited,because it was supposed to be a "collector's item" or because you wanted the LP?
I bought a record I love as a limited edition that isnt one.
We praise the blood that metal brings
eatmetalgreg

Post by eatmetalgreg »

epic metal rules !
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

One of the misfortunes of Brocas Helm is that their albums have always been a bit hard to find, going in and out of print. So if their 3 albums were always in print I think this would be a good thing. You will never find them in a record store anywhere unless a random used copy shows up.

Here in the US in a way the market isn't flooded. mailorder distros like Hells Headbangers or NWN! have tons of death metal and black metal but only some few other releases that I would want to buy, most times they go out of stock fast because they order only some few copies. Shadow Kingdon has a decent selection but usually lacks some important releases, so I have to dig diligently for the missing ones.
In Oregon, if I go into any store that has some few metal vinyl (there are not many), you won't find almost anything that isn't extreme metal or lame reissues on 'back on black' or Nuclear Blast titles.

Now someone needs to get the Brocas Helm demos out on lp too....
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

doomedplanet wrote:Now someone needs to get the Brocas Helm demos out on lp too....
Greg!!! What about it??
eatmetalgreg

Post by eatmetalgreg »

...wait a bit..soon some news!
epic metal rules !
eatmetalgreg

Post by eatmetalgreg »

THE CONVIXION SINGLE IS OUT!
ANYONE WISHES TO ORDER FEEL FREE TO WRITE!
BROCAS HELM LP NEXT WEEK (THE RECORD IS HERE, THE COVERS COME NEXT WEEK )
epic metal rules !
eatmetalgreg

Post by eatmetalgreg »

b'side of convixion 7" single:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz0tNRRaiAo
epic metal rules !
Jens

Post by Jens »

OmenOfSteel wrote:
If a flooded market -> decreasing sales -> less releases on vinyl (remember the 90ies when vinyl was already dead?) is what you want: yes thats the good part.
500 sold and people keep asking, so they press more. How will sales decrease?

The chances you can sell with profit are lower, but for that there's other markets.

I strongly encourage this way of doing business. More demand = more copies.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Jens wrote:
OmenOfSteel wrote:
500 sold and people keep asking, so they press more. How will sales decrease?

The chances you can sell with profit are lower, but for that there's other markets.

I strongly encourage this way of doing business. More demand = more copies.
The issue isn't just that more copies are being pressed. The issue is that the album was specifically and strongly marketed as being "limited edition". This means that the album was strictly printed in only a small quantity so that it sold out quickly and had a demand that was higher then the amount of units produced. This made the record appeal to collectors and gain value quickly. Now with this "second run" there will be more copies to fill the demand, which basically renders the "limited edition" moniker useless, as it's now become a blatant lie. But whatever makes money right?

To be honest I'm really not that surprised reading such bullshit because after all, this was put out on eat metal records and with greg behind the helm it's just another day doing "business".
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

For me personally a product is limited only if it is hand numbered and/or there is a printed statement on the back cover declaring explicitly it is limited to XXX copies never to be re-pressed. Otherwise people can say anything, but words are wind.

So having said that, this release looks like unlimited to me, and I for one am happy Greg was able to sell and warrant a re-pressing so fast. He surely could have held the last 50 copies of first pressing to sell one at a time on eGay and would have made much more money than investing in second pressing. He did not, instead he is giving chance to more people to have it at regular price. I see nothing wrong with that.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:For me personally a product is limited only if it is hand numbered and/or there is a printed statement on the back cover declaring explicitly it is limited to XXX copies never to be re-pressed. Otherwise people can say anything, but words are wind.

So having said that, this release looks like unlimited to me, and I for one am happy Greg was able to sell and warrant a re-pressing so fast. He surely could have held the last 50 copies of first pressing to sell one at a time on eGay and would have made much more money than investing in second pressing. He did not, instead he is giving chance to more people to have it at regular price. I see nothing wrong with that.
It's called screwing your old customers to please the new ones.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Unlimited release kept in circulation at regular prices. Where's the screwy part in that?