Tormentor (Hun)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Sentinel

Tormentor (Hun)

Post by The Sentinel »

"Seventh Day of Doom" and "Anno Domini" are some real crushers. Reminiscent of the best German death/thrash from the golden era. Seems there is no topic 'bout these great demo's or the search engine has deceased. Fans around here?
Long Live The Loud !!!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Wow !! It's been a long time since I've played these !! I'll check this week-end. In my memories, it sounds a lot like old-SODOM, right ?
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

More like Necronomicon in some way. Those riffs on "Trance" rule supreme. Add some Duvel during the listening session and your weekend can´t be beaten haha
Long Live The Loud !!!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Ah, ah !! I'll try for sure !
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

In conversation, I usually mention Tormentor as one of the only BM bands that I like. Not sure if it qualifies as BM now though, as I agree, at least partly, with comparisons with both Sodom and Necronomicon. Not important though - it's really great stuff.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

It's been a while since I listened to Tormentor. Both those releases are great. I only have some bootleg tape of 'Seventh Day Of Doom'.
I remember checking out the band as I was obsessed with Mayhem's 'De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas' and being very disappointed that the vocals were not the exact same :lol: Oh how naive!
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I don't listen to the album that much because I like the sound of the demo better, I think it helps to the atmosphere. Great stuff for sure.
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

Killer riffs.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Seventh Day of Doom easily, vastly superior to Anno Domini.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

ION BRITTON wrote:Seventh Day of Doom easily, vastly superior to Anno Domini.
Surely.Seventh Day Of Doom Demo by TORMENTOR reminds me all the mid 80's bands with the same sound.Classic demo.

KAT,BULLDOZER,FALANGA(RUS),FRONT(1st Demo),SODOM,HELLHAMMER,KORROZIA METALLA(Orden Satani) etc.
lions roar

Post by lions roar »

anno domini is one of my favorite black metal demos .

its amazing how original was those first black metal bands , same(pretty much) bands they all listened to, taken into so many diffrent directions
in this case ,you could listen to thrash,heavy metal , and even some jazz(Transylvania ) ...all compacted together ,with this eerie atmosphere and brutal approach.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I now see that Anno Domini is actually a demo. Back when I got both at the same time (I think it was a CDR) somebody told me Seventh was a demo but Anno was an album.
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

Anno Domini is one of my fav Black Metal record. It combines Thrash, Heavy and Black Metal. Great compositions, inventive and well played. One historical release.
Cochino wrote:I now see that Anno Domini is actually a demo. Back when I got both at the same time (I think it was a CDR) somebody told me Seventh was a demo but Anno was an album.
Originally it is a demo tape because the band never found a label to release it... until 1995. So it's both a demo and an album in fact. It also has been reissued and remastered through Attila's own label. Nice reissue.
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

The Seventh Day of Doom worshipper!

The dance of the swords..
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

I`ve never heard The Seventh Day of Doom but Anno Domini is, along with Blood Fire Death and Campo de Exterminio, one of the best albums of the 80s extreme metal to me.
And those who adore Tormentor need also check Angel Reaper, especially their Exhumalt Vilag demo. Awfully primitive as it sounds, it`s got the same feeling as Anno Domini.