Heavy metal from Caribbean countries + Central america

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
jnfernal

Heavy metal from Caribbean countries + Central america

Post by jnfernal »

I have pretty few time to write a proper article....I am too busy with job + pretty depressive moment lately...soI just copy and paste a short introduction I wrote for another blog, hoping that I can expand it with further information in next times, because there is a long list of unknown bands I want to dig up from obscurity....

here's the article I wrote some time ago:

Good, here is the first part of a collection of rare/unknown bands I got from all over the world. I found that a lot of old bands do not appear at all on the Metal Archives because they are totally unknown, they do not have an official discography or if they did only few people in the world know that. So, for many fans they are just forgotten names lost in time or bands that nobody heard before except for people in the local scene.

I started with a collection of rare bands from Caribbean/Central American countries, where I had the luck to find a lot of cool bands. I also included a list of bands from the very beginning of the hard rock/heavy metal scene up to 1992-1993 not listed on the Metal Archives. I presume I found EVERY existing band during this time, being them bands with recordings or just simple names found here and there on some forum/chat/facebook/website: for the few information I got, I listed also the releases or the material available/known for each band. Bands who have nothing listed are supposed to have nothing recorded or existing: at least I couldn't find any other information. I hope this thread would be good to dig up more recordings, information and stories about these bands.

CUBA

Metal in Cuba is supposed to start around 1989 with bands such as Alto Mando and Zeus. www.cuba-metal.com is the best reference for heavy metal (both old and new) from Cuba.

Track enclosed in the zipped folder:

-ALTO MANDO: Demo+Rehearsal Recordings 1990

Probably the very first heavy metal band in Cuba. Formed in winter 1989 they lasted 13 months.
Original line up was: Jorge Luis Barrayarsa "El Barry" (vocals, keyboards), Jorge Avalos (Bass), Leonardo Angel Rodriguez (Drums), Manuel Castro (Keyboards), Jorge Luis Almarales (Guitars).
Partecipated to the 1st edition of Ciudad Metal where they gain first prize for Song Lyrics (with the song "Noticias y confesiones"). They have also one video clip shot in 1990 for the song "Los perros de la guerra" (The dogs of war) but I coulnd't find it anywhere.
Other songs played live (no info about any eventual rehearsal/live recordings): Noticias y confesiones, Los perros de la guerra
Video Clip: Los perros de la guerra (1990)

Other bands/releases not listed on Metal Archives: Estirpe, Funeral, Gens, Horus, Kaiser, Masacre, Sentencia, Valhala, Zeus (10 Demos not listed on MA: Demo 1 May 1989 with 5 tracks, Demo 2 September 1989, Live Demo 3 January 1990, Demo 4 January 1991 with "El diablo al infierno" and others, Demo 5 February 1992, Demo 6 June 1993, Liberame Demo 7 1995 with 6 tracks, Demo 8 1999 with 4 tracks, Demo 9 2005 with 2 tracks, Demo 10 2006 with 2 tracks)

-----------------------------------------------------

HONDURAS

Havy metal in Honduras was born already in 1980 with Khaos. Unfortunately they were the only band for many, many years and their only Lp "Forjado en Rocka" was out when the band already split up. I have no info about further recordings (rehearsal/demos/live recordings). They reformed in the early 00's wth the name Khaoticos and released a 4 tracks Demo.

New bands emerged only in the early 90's, from 1991 on, with Delirium Tremens (later only Delirium), Trauma and Terciopelo Negro. Around 1993-1994 a new wave of bands came out.

Tracks enclosed in the zipped folder:

-DELIRIUM TREMENS: Demo 1993 + Live at Megametal 1993 + Rare Tracks 1996-200x (some as Delirium).
-TRAUMA: Demo 1993 + Demo 1995 + Live at Megametal 1993.

-DELIRIUM TREMENS: Demo 1993 + Live at Megametal 1993 + Rare Tracks 1996-200x (some as Delirium).
Delirium Tremens were the first thrash/metal band in Honduras (along with Trauma and Terciopelo Negro), formed in 1990. In 1991 they recorded 3 demo songs (some sources say 4) spreaded through "Radio Amistad" Radio Channel.
In 1992 they organize the 1st edition of Megametal (other band partecipating being Trauma) and the following year the 2nd edition (Bands partecipating: Delirium Tremens, Trauma, Terciopelo Negro, Orin's: this latter a pure pop/rock band).
First tape album came in 1995 (later re-released on CD with 2 additional demo tracks recorded in 1993, here presented). In 1999 they shortened the name to "Delirium".

Other recordings (not listed on Metal Archives): Demo 1991 (4 tx: Burocracia, Hombres de verde, Delirio, Mente encatenada. Some sources say 3 tracks omitting "Mente encatenada" or "Delirio". Anyway they were aired at "Stereo Amistad" Radio Channel and never gathered on a physical/real demo tape)

-TRAUMA: Demo 1993 + Demo 1995 + Live at Megametal 1993.
Formed in 1992, they partecipated to both Megametal concert editions in 1992 and 1993. The demo tracks (never sold as tape but heavily spreaded through "Stereo Amistad" radio channel) were recorded in 1993 at Gabriela Galvez Studios (Tegucigalpa). Line up: Jorge Bejarano Banegas (Vocals), Javier Fiallos (guitars), Leo Alvarenga (guitars), Oscar Rodroguez (Drums). Also recorded one more track in 1995: "Viajero de la humanidad" at Studio IHER, Tegucigalpa, with the following line up: Jose Bejarano Banegas (Vocals), Javier Fiallos (Guitars), Josè Manuel Cerrato (guitars), Fernando Martinez (bass), Oscar Rodriguez (Drums).

Other bands/releases not listed on Metal Archives:

-Terciopelo Negro: They partecipated to the second edition of Megametal in 1993 with Delirium Tremens, Trauma, Orin's. Nothing recorded seems to exist.

EL SALVADOR

The origin of Heavy metal scene in El Salvador is totally unknown and still mysterious. The few names/bands I could came across do not reveal much more.
Revell is a totally mkysterious band who is featured on a recent downloadable CDR compilation found on some local blogs. No info is available. Probably the original name is "Rebel" as in spanish language the letter "B" and "V" are interchangable.
Other bands from the very beginning up to 1993 are Hierro (their name appear only once, when they played a couple of shows in Nicaragua organized by mexican label American Line in the early 90's), Renegado (formed in 1988) and Sepelio (formed in 1991). These last 2 bands are still active or left a big mark on the local scene though I do not know any other recordings previous to the ones listed on the Metal Archives.

Tracks included in the zipped folder:

-REVELL: Promo Track 1992. From "Metal Fest Vol. 12" Downloadable Compilation CDR. No info available.

Other bands/releases not listed on Metal Archives: Hierro, Renegado (aka Hell), Sepelio

COSTA RICA

Heavy metal in Costa Rica was pretty active, thanx also to the relatively quiet economical/social situation compared to other countries of the region. The very first hard rock/heavy metal band known is DISTORSION who released 2 Ep's in 1985 and 1986 and partecipated to the very first rock compilation Lp in 1988 (I don't know if the 2 tracks featured are taken from the Eps or are new recordings. All the other bands featured on the compilation are plain rock or soft pop, nothing interesting)
There is a hell of other unknown bands from the country: I found their names on local forums and blogs: unfortunately contacts with local collectors in order to get more information/recordings led to nothing. It seems that the very first band in Costa Rica were "Los Cavernarios" (The Cavemen) that, despite their name, played a sort of very good and thight heavy metal. Some collectors claim to have a tape with every existing recording of them. Rehearsal tapes are circulating for many bands, as you can see down below.

Tracks included in the zipped folder:

-DISTORSION: Songs taken from "A todo rock" Compilation Lp 1988.
The first hard rock/metal band from Costa Rica. Formed in 1979 by Alberto Chaves (Guitars), Rony Vargas (Drums) and Juan Eduardo Montalto (Bass). Split up in 1988. Re-united in 2007. Alberto Chaves formed a very successful hard rock band, "Sin Paredes", in 1994.
Other recordings: "Distorsion 1: Todo en su lugar/El ultimo tren" Ep 1985 (CBS Indica); "Distorsion 2: Perdido/Donde vive mi paz" Ep 1986 (CBS Indica)

Other bands/releases not listed on the Metal Archives: Acepcia, Akelarre, Armagedon (various rehearsal tracks), Colemesis (Rehearsal pre-demo), Corrosion, Excalibur, Golgotha (In a world full of shit Demo 1991), Lascerate (Rehearsal Demo), Los Cavernarios (Tape with recordings 1985-1986), Morbid Symphony (A rehearsal tape seems to exist), Muerte (Rehearsal 1991), Pestilencia, Profanum (Rehearsal Tape 1991), Pseudostratified Epithelium (Rehearsal pre Demo), Psy War (Rehearsal pre Demo), Salem, Sentence (Rehearsal + Demo), Strobe (Rehearsal 1991-1992), Surgath (Rehearsal 1991-1992), Viuda Negra (Rehearsal)

PANAMA:

Also in Panama heavy metal scene was pretty active, due to a heavy presence of american residents too. I didn't enclose any band yet, though I have the grindcore maniancs Alambre De Puas with their only Demo 1990 not listed on the Metal Archives to show you.
Some thrash bands turned into crossover/hardcore in the years to follow, for example Cabeza De Martillo who released 3 thrash/death demos in their very beginning and then turned into crossover/hc translating their name into the english word "Hammerhead". Also Conspiracion Piromaniaca had some thrash origins before playing crossover/thight hc. I think the list shown down below is the most complete list of bands who appeared from the very beginning up to 1992.

other bands/releases not listed on Metal Archives: Caries, Cabeza De Martillo (3 demos: 1987, 1989, 1990, then changed name into "Hammerhead"), Carnivoro Castrador, Condroma (Across the lake Demo 199x), Conspiracy ("Evil within" Demo Track 199x), Disemburied, Hecatombe, Morbid Silence, Punishment, Rogam, Sarcoma (Pre-Disemburied: 1 rehearsal track), Sepelio (2 track rehearsal), Violator, Conspiracion Piromaniaca (Broma sangrienta Demo 1991, Entretenimiento funeral Demo 1992), Holy Death (Different seasons Demo 1992), Merciless Death (Rehearsal Demo 1990),

PUERTO RICO:

Same as for Panama: there was a pretty active and huge scene since the very late 80's thanks to a huge presence of american expats/residents and contacts with mainland USA. Only a couple of bands/releases were not listed on the Metal Archives and are the following:

other bands/releases not listed on Metal Archives: Godless (They released also the "Nefastus Angel" Unreleased Demo 1990), Excel (Demo 1991: I forgot to enclose it. Next time!)

REPUBLICA DOMINICANA

-ABADDON RD: Were formed on February 1988 and the same year they partecipate to the 5th edition of "Olimpiadas del Rock" (other bands: Los Desafortunados and Acto Legal). On 18-09-1988 they were charged on public of satanism and forbidden to organize further live shows. After a few weeks the charge of satanism fell down and new live shows (with Hekaton) can be played.
On 05-02-1989 they make their debut on Tv at the "Con Coquin" (Canal 7) Tv show and on February 18th they record the song "Espectros" at Audiolab Studios. Further shows in 1989: "Rock 4512" Tv Show (Canal 4), 1st Edition of Metal House Concert (Perjury is the supporting band), Sabado Joven Tv Show (Canal 7), 2nd Edition of Metal House (with Nexus).
On September 1st they partecipate to the VI Olimpiadas Del Rock but due to their macabre and aggressive image (they bear a coffin on the grave) other heavy metal bands decide to quit and not play.
Break up first time in 1990. Reformed in 1991 and play at Coanca Club with Perjury and S.M.I. (Speed Metal Instrumental). Last appearence at VIII Olimpiadas Del Rock with 2 songs: Enter Sandman (Metallica) and Under Siege (Sepultura). The band splits up soon after and a new band is born: Masacre (from June to September 1991) then Maik Abaddon moves to Argentina where he joins local heavy metal heroes Aleacion. Abaddon reforms in 1997.
The 2 studio tracks are the only studio recordings made during this time: "Espectros" (recorded at Audiolab Studios on 18-02-1989) and "Hambre de matar" (recorded on 23-06-1989 still at Audiolab Studios).
The 2 live tracks ("Fosa comun" and "Destruccion") were recorded during the "El Momento Rock" at Con Cuqin Tv Show (Canal 7) on 14-05-1989. They also played a playback version of the Studio Track "Espectros".
All these recordings can be found on the "Retazos" CD (limited to 100 copies only) out in 2001 and nowadays impossible to find.

-CRUDOS: Winners of the 2nd Olimpiadas Del Rock in 1985. No other recordings known. Split up shortly after. Roy Tabare on vocals.

-CYGNUS: They were formed between 1981 and 1983 by Roberto Garcia (Drums), Luis Josè Castillo (Guitars), Henry Brito (Vocals), Moises Montas (Bass). Partecipate to the first Olimpiadas Del Rock in 1984 and subsequent editions. In 1986, as winner of "Primer Festival de la Cancion Rock en Espanol" they were granted a free studio recording for 2 tracks: "Estoy solo" and "Desaparece ya" were recorded. Later in 1988 these tracks were collected and regrouped on an anthological pro printed tape along with the only other studio track recorded back in 1983: "Aparencias". A memorable show was with local hard rock band Empiphis (the authors of "En el mundo del metal" track, winner at the "3rd Olimpiadas del Rock" in 1986).
Other songs played live (but never recorded): "Psicopata", "Esclavo del vicio", "Requiem". Split up in 1989.

-EKINOXIO: Band formed in 1992 by guitarist/vocalist Ramses Cairo (ex Fuzz) and vocalist Hector Nicasio. Some other live and demo/rehearsal tracks exist according to what Ramses Cairo told me.

-EMPIPHIS: "De cara al futuro" Tape 1989. Formed in 1983 by Gustavo Estevez (vocals), Alan Leschhorn (Guitars), Alfredo Corteza and Junior Rodroguez. Live debut is on September 1985 and the following year they win the first prize at the 3rd Olimpiadas del Rock with the song "En el mundo del metal". Their only tape album, "De cara al futuro" is recorded in 1986 but out only on March 1989 and it marks a considerable change of style, towards more commercial pop rock. The band disbanded in 1990 during the recordings of a new album who still remain unreleased but it is said to be even more commercial.

-FOBIA: no info known. Just named on some articles about the origin of rock and metal in the country. Track supplied by Ramses Cairo.

-FUZZ: They were formed in the early 80's by legendary Tito "Fuzz" Mejia (guitars), Lazaro Garcia (Bass, Vocals), Jose Madera (Drums) and Jovanni Blanco (Vocals). Later on Ramses Cairo joined the vocals. This is the only studio track ever recorded in almost 6 years of activity though some demo/rehearsal recordings exist (thanx to Ramses Cairo!) and a full live show at Punto Clave in 1988 straight from the mixer is circulating in Dominican Republic.
Tito "Fuzz" formed "Nexus" in late 80's
Vocalist Ramses Cairo later leaves to form a new band, "Enigma" (1989), "Proyecto Final" (1990), "X Drama" (1990) and "Hard Times" (1992), before moving to guitar for his new projects "Ekinoxio" (1992-1994) and, expecially, "Diesel", a very popular hard rock/heavy band along with vocalist Hector Nicasio, releasing 2 full lenght albums ("Hecho en Dominicana", 1996 and "Seasons of madness", 1998. Theyr most successful song is "Hijo del sistema").
Other existing recordings: Live at Punto Clave 1988, various demo/rehearsal tracks.

-HEKATON: They played some live shows with Abaddon and Perjury and partecipated to an unknown edition of "Olimpiadas del Rock". Thrash metal. Line up: Socrates Garcia (guitars), Blas Jimenez (bass), Jose Luis Munne (2nd drummer), Juan Manuel Estrella "Gringo" (vocals/guitar), Franklin Polanco (1st drummer). No other recordings are known.

-NEXUS: Played some shows with Abaddon in 1989. No other recordings known.

"Las Olimpiadas del Rock" were organized by Kin Sanchez from 1984 to 1994 and were the only event for rock/metal bands at the time. Most groups were created purposely to appear on the stage and disappear right after the performance. The rules were: 4-5 songs plus 1 classic rock cover. First edition was held inside a Cinema while all the others were at the auditorium of the Instituto Nacional Dominico Americano. It lasted for 11 editions only as - according to many - bands were formed and partecipated only because of prizes and money offered to the winners and not really intented to pursue a real music career.
Winners:
1984: Cygnus
1985: Crudos
1986: Empiphis
1987: New Page
1988: Los Desafortunados
1989: Toque Profundo
1990: Carey
1991: IO
1992: Uranio
1993: Status
1994: Tè Para Tres

Other bands/releases not listed on Metal Archives: Corte Legal, Enigma (with Ramses Cairo, ex Fuzz, 1989), Hard Times (same, 1992), X Drama (same, 1990), Proyecto Final (same, 1990), Leviatan, Masacre, Perjury (supported Abaddon and Hekaton in some shows during 1989-1991), Piramix, SMI (aka Speed Metal Instrumental, supported Abaddon in 1991)
lynx

Post by lynx »

There's Morphos from French Guyana, I ran across posts by a member on a gear forum, haven't heard them though. Not on the Archives, but bands from the other Guyanas (Guyana and Surinam) are listed.

Also, although on the Metal Archives (I don't know if all the bands are on there but there are bands listed), Trinidad and Tobago seems to have a metal scene.

There are two bands from the Netherlands' Antilles listed on the Archives, but there were others, for example Warning, some covers on youtube which sound more metal than the original songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuDzOswn ... er&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7B05hXyvvU
The cover of Alice Cooper's "Poison" sounds better than Tarja's cover.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

that sounds interesting! Where did you find the topic about Morphos and other bands from the 3 Guyanas?
lynx

Post by lynx »

Sorry if it was written unclear, but the bands from the other Guyanas are on the Archives.
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Hey, cool topic.
Some other old (late 80s early 90s) Cuban bands not listed on Metal Archives are Metal Oscuro, Rodas, Venus, Krudenta... Probably some other I am forgetting. I lived there in the late 80s/early 90s, it was a very difficult time for Metal. Now they are even showing Black Metal bands on national television. Strange how things change...
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

some death metal demos, have almost no information on these. i've found the enslaver and aggressor (they were pretty much the same band) but thats about it:

GUATEMALA:
Denial Extreme - Denial Jesus
Denial Extreme - ....And Death Comes

COSTA RICA:
Mantra - Oommmm...
Massacre - Dying in the Cemetary
Colemesis - Vivisección
Colemesis - Postbiosis
Imagen Putrefacta - Primeras Mierdas
Imagen Putrefacta - Everything it's a Shit
Imagen Putrefacta - Ave Satanas
Profanum - Morbid Faith
Psy-War - From Deep Depresions to the Borders of Suicide
Sentence - Devastating Wrath
Pseudostratiffied Epithelium - Grotesque Genital Dismemberment
Pseudostratiffied Epithelium - Sodomizing Children Corpses
Mistical Ritual - Ghoul Of Darkness

PANAMA:
Aggressor - Call from the Crypt
Demacrator - Reign of Desolation
Demacrator - Purgatory
Demacrator - Terror Sight
Enslaver - Degradation
Enslaver - A Place of Terror Inside
Cementerius - Rotten
Cementerius - Funny Massacre
Cementerius - ‘Til The Flesh…
Sepulcro - Expiration
Hecatombe - Blessed in Horror
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

>>Metal Oscuro, Rodas, Venus, Krudenta

Do you have any more info about these bands? I've never heard these names before!!

And have you ever seen the videoclip of Alto Mando "Los perros de la guerra"? I can't find it anywhere
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

For those who can read spanish language, there's a very interesting book about the rock scene in Cuba

"El rock en Cuba" by Humberto Manduley, 2001 (you can download the full pdf version here: http://www.cuba-metal.com/descargar-doc ... -2001.html)

The thing that amazes me more is an incredible list of heavy metal bands actives from mid 80's to the early 90's: not every band listed should be metal (some may be rock or pop or progressive rock) but there's an incredible list of totally unknown bands

2nd Floor Department:
Acceso Prohibido:
Aeroplano:
Aika:
Albatros:
Alianza:
Alien: Demo 1993
Alto Mando: Rehearsal 1990 (Noticias y confesiones, Los perros de la guerra, ...)
Alto Mando: Los perros de la guerra Video 1990
Amazonas:
Amplio Spectrum:
Apocalipsis:
Aries:
Arrecifes:
Ataud:
Autoshock:
Avalancha:
Azazel: Demo 1992
Banda De Maquinas:
Brix:
Cactus:
Cancer:
Cenit:
Cosa Nostra: Killing your childhood Demo 1992 (grunge/nu metal)
Costa Norte:
Crater:
Cuerpo Y Alma:
Damnation:
Dark Side:
Darkness:
Deformity/Desolate:
Delirium Tremens/Celhow: Demo 1993 (grind/noise/black)
Delta:
Descontrol:
Destrozer:
Eclipse:
Ecos:
Edmund:
Enemies Of Society:
Energia:
Enigma:
EPD:
Esfinges:
Estirpe:
Excalibur:
Extra:
Fe:
Fenix:
Flash:
FM:
FND:
Focos:
Fosiles Vivos:
Fuego Adentro:
Funeral:
Geminis: Recordings 1987-1988
Gemiun:
Geysser:
GMR:
HMB:
Hades:
Help:
Horus:
Incognita:
Infestor: Hidden remains Demo 1991
Insignia:
Kaiser:
Krematorium:
Krudenta:
Laser:
Leravlajei:
Lignum Crucis:
Linea Roja:
Loaded:
Los Beltas:
Los Dalton:
Los Huesos:
Los Migs:
Los Trimmers:
Madness:
Madness House:
Magnum:
Masacre:
Metal Oscuro: Various recordings 1986-1993 (Misioneros del rock, Busca tu fuerza, Solamente tu y otros...)
Metal Pacifico:
Metal Sagrado:
Metalaxia:
Mezcla:
Morbo: Asesinatos en masa Demo 1991
Mortaja:
Morte:
Naturaleza:
Necrofago: I love the war Demo 1993
Necromorgue:
Nekrobiosis: El escuadron de la muerte Demo 1992
Neurosis:
Oasis:
Onirismo:
Orbita:
Orgasmo:
Origen:
OVNI: Recordings 1981-1991
Pezuna:
Plasma:
Proyecto Climax:
Proyecto X:
Red: Recordings 198x (Murcielagos, Emergencia,...)
Rhodas: Demo 198x (pop)
Rhodas: Al margen del silencio Demo 198x (hard/heavy)
Rhodas: Cambiando los colores Demo 198x (heavy)
S.O.S.:
Sacramento:
Schrasch:
Sentencia:
Septimo Dia:
Sepulcro:
Sexto Sentido: Fuerza y voluntad Demo 1991
Silex:
Sputnik:
Stratus:
Sunesis:
Symphony Of Doom: The drying of the evening sun Demo 1992
Tablas:
The Widow:
Trance:
Transito:
Trebol:
Ultranza: Recordings 1991-1992 (El distorsionador, No dudes de mi, Nadie cantara, ...)
Urania:
Valhalla:
Venus: Metalizando el espacio Demo 1988
Venus: Various songs (Los lobos solitarios, Despues, Amenaza nuclear, Los enemigos del mundo, Del metal mas duro, Pershing, Apocalipsis, Desconfianza)
Vertigo: Demo 1991 (Bajo tension, Autodestruccion, ...)
Viceversa:
Virgo:
Volumen Dos:
Vortex:
Zeus: Demo 05-1989 (6 tx)
Zeus: Demo 09-1989 (? tx)
Zeus: Live Demo 01-1990 (? tx)
Zeus: Demo 01-1991 (? tx: El diablo al infierno, ...)
Zeus: Demo 02-1992 (? tx)
Zeus: Demo 06-1993 (? tx)
VV.AA.: Diablo al infierno Lp 1992 (featuring Zeus)
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

hey Francesco, i got this e.p. from Puerto Rico(1988) the band was call Power Lord,have it on cdr though and it was given to me by one of the members when i was over there. musically,decent power metal,but the production doesnt help much. If you are interested in some mp3 from this let me know!

oh and thanks for the cuban article in spanish!!!
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:hey Francesco, i got this e.p. from Puerto Rico(1988) the band was call Power Lord,have it on cdr though and it was given to me by one of the members when i was over there. musically,decent power metal,but the production doesnt help much. If you are interested in some mp3 from this let me know!

Must be the 1991 Demo that was released some years back in this EP :
http://www.recordheaven.net/index.cfm?x ... 1&sl=false

1st band of Erico Dantesco (Dantesco)
The demo has only 4 songs and there is nothing wrong with the production.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

rumblefist wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:hey Francesco, i got this e.p. from Puerto Rico(1988) the band was call Power Lord,have it on cdr though and it was given to me by one of the members when i was over there. musically,decent power metal,but the production doesnt help much. If you are interested in some mp3 from this let me know!

totally that one, i didnt have a clue about that release,i got the cdr from Erico actually...still the production of the demo isnt the best,maybe im wrong, it was long time since i played it
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
rumblefist wrote:

totally that one, i didnt have a clue about that release,i got the cdr from Erico actually...still the production of the demo isnt the best,maybe im wrong, it was long time since i played it
Buddy MexDefenderOfSteel, i don't know what rip you have. Mine was in a CDr that another portuguese Corroseum/Miskatonic member borrowed me for some days. As i'm Facebook friend of Erico, i uploaded it to YT and posted it in his personal wall just to surprise him :lol: :

I wished all tape rips i have that were done by other fellows sounded like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAUxiDjZbMw

I'm not gonna say it's as clear as a rip i could do from a original/low gen dubbed tape, but it sounds fairly good to my old ears...
Last edited by rumblefist on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

Someone have the demos of Metal Oscuro, Nekrobiosis, Cronos, etc.?
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

I thought Metal Oscuro was from Spain...(so few infos on them).
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

rumblefist wrote:I thought Metal Oscuro was from Spain...(so few infos on them).
I talk about the cuban one.