New MORBID ANGEL album - Illud Divinum Insanus

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

Too bad Joey DeMaio and Eric Adams are not in this picture, mocking Evil D :lol:
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

J.K. wrote:Too bad Joey DeMaio and Eric Adams are not in this picture, chasing Evil D with bows & arrows
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

ok, so I ehhrm listened to it now. for the record, it's a damn shame that the agreed musical conservatism of this forum does not allow a band to widen their musical spectrum or to sound any different than on their legendary first release and all..

however, having said that: that album IS pure horsecrap. :D
it's not even good for the dubious outgrowth that it is trying to be and which I, up to a certain point, would be able to approve. but this is a ridiculous, disgusting waste of time.. :roll:
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

I don't understand why it seemed like everyone was taken by surprise with the new Morbid Angel. I was already expecting some crappy shit when I heard about their new release.

I remember after the band released "Domination", one of the band members (Trey?) mentioned in an interview saying that while making the record David Vincent actually suggested to use some "electronic" voices that sound like talking through telephone. See, David already had werid ideas back in those days.
Nevertheless, the intention of writing lyrics like "kill the cop" is still beyond my comprehension.

Anyway, I’m not a big fan of Morbid Angel. I even thought “Convenant” was a boring album. The only MA album that I still keeping to this day is “Abomination of Desolation”.
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Frank Stover, imo one of the most respectable men in Metal journalism, recently has given the album positive review. 8)
You can read about his review + a few from others on:
http://www.voicesfromthedarkside.de/

Still I don’t see eye to eye with him on the new MA. But then I guess I’m not the best person to give comment.

There’s also an interview with David Vincent on Voices site. The guy explained it was actually “Killer cult” and not “Kill a cop” on Radikult song. That still sounds stupid enough to me anyway. :roll:
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

mega_lodon wrote:The guy explained it was actually “Killer cult”
"Silly cunt," more like!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."