Insane ebay auctions - VINYL, tapes & merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Kristian- another copy of that Glory Hunter topped the $1000 mark a few weeks earlier. But check out the bid history; I think 3rd place was like $100 or something, so only 2 folks went nuts for it. Hard to see a record maintaining that price with so few folks pushing up the price, but who knows

Hard to know if records will go back up after the qty is all gone. It really depends on how many people want it in the future. In the 90s there were plenty of Mistreaters floating around, so qty is out there. But it's now in demand so the price is rather high. Kinda same with Black Hole- finding it is never really the problem, but there's a fair amount of competition for copies so the price stays relatively high. Compare that to some US singles where only 6 or so copies are known but the last couple of copies have brought < $100 each; heck of a lot rarer than 'land of mystery' or 'hells fire', but the demand isn't as high, so the price isn't as high. Glockose has covered this in threads in the past (e.g., "what is Rare?").
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Alan: £1220, not $1000! This makes it the second most expensive nwobhm single ever to be sold on ebay, hence "insane ebay auction".

I agree on all the rest.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Khnud wrote:Alan: £1220, not $1000! This makes it the second most expensive nwobhm single ever to be sold on ebay, hence "insane ebay auction".

I agree on all the rest.
Right, this copy was 1220 pounds, I think the other copy was around 1000-1200 dollars, though I might be wrong. I think (but am not sure) that a 3rd copy also sold in the past couple of months and was well under $1,000 dollars
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Re: Shelder

Yeah, I remember that record going up and down quite a bit. I bought mine for around €40 a short time ago, but maybe the price is going back up? Though ebay can be quite misleading. Some people can't be arsed to look elsewhere and would rather pay a higher price on there.

And Shelder is of course an acquired taste, but it's a great record for those who acquire it :wink:
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

chatzial wrote:
roihlem wrote:yes, I remember it even some 7 years ago, seeing it for 200€ and more on lists....Wyxmer is also a record that lost its value drastically....
When some copies are found (less than 50), the value usually drops. But after all the copies are gone, if an album is good, the value rises again. This happened with Black Hole. I remember 10 years ago, some copies were found, i used to have 10 copies of it, but after all were gone the value started to rise again. So maybe when a value is low, people should go ahead and buy the record (Wyxmer for example) because after they will all go it will propably rise again.

I know what you mean. Some years ago there appeared some sealed copies of the Xcel album. I got it on Ebay for 35$ and nowadays it goes for over 100$ again....
As for Wyxmer it seems this album has been so hard to find all these years as I get the impression that Black Widow got A LOT of copies of those 300 records back then and did sell them only for collectors prices. Some 7 years ago, he sold most of them for over 200$. I got it for a bit more than 100€ and thought I was lucky with the price....It seems that the rerelase has decreased its price very much....And the fact that BW was selling them constantly on Ebay over the years....
About Shelder, does any one know how many copies were found? It seems that this album is not appearing that often again....As fot their music, I think they have got some very good tracks, and I love the vocals....the whole record has an unique atmosphere to me....
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ahat-March-LP-class ... 3367c58ab1

Insane in any possible way you look at it!
Never trust the Goblin King....
WCNOISE

Post by WCNOISE »

I buy t-shirts -swet-shirts Long sleves eps demos and many more
George

Post by George »

Holy shit!
Why so much?
My Mother, she told me off today and so I killed her.
But not really, she is still alive inside my head .
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

That shirt has been expensive for a very long time. One of the top items for shirt collectors afaik.
humus

Post by humus »

I've been trying to get that shirts for years because I absolutely love the design, but like perishinflames already said: very wanted and very expensive. Though I must say that the price for this particular shirt is over the top considering the condition. Last one -and in better condition- sold for €200.
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/My-ex-Brother-in- ... 43a75a5149

Just read the description. Insanely funny! Link provided by Xstroyer, on another forum.
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

N.W.O.O.F.G.M. wrote:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/My-ex-Brother-in- ... 43a75a5149

Just read the description. Insanely funny! Link provided by Xstroyer, on another forum.
Hahaha, that's priceless. :lol:
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
CloudsOfMetal

Post by CloudsOfMetal »

Hell I'm laughing so much, hard to breathe. But I hope the original owner of those crappy records really deserved that. :lol:
only the heaviest weather available
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fucking unbelievable!

Here's what he responded to a question
Q: This had had me pissing my self!.... Hope you sell the collection, although like you I very much doubt it!
A: Oh, it will sell OK - 16 bids and counting. Nobody is more surprised than me that there is a market for this manure.
2nd edit: It's so fucking godly, I just saved the auction page in my HD :lol:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
apollo.ra

Post by apollo.ra »

22056 Views!!!!!

Now you know what to write in your item description if you want to attract buyers :D