"RED, WHITE, and HEAVY" demo series

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stormspell

"RED, WHITE, and HEAVY" demo series

Post by Stormspell »

It happened so, completely incidentally, that some of our current releases came in similar oldschool red-white-black layouts and thus I've decided to start a new collector's series called "RED, WHITE, and HEAVY" series which would sport the said layout and will be hand-numbered and limited to 500.

We already had SLANDER, with AERIAN RAGE and BATTLECRY to follow shortly.

I'm open for ideas and suggestions for next volumes.

Warepire

Post by Warepire »

If Smokescreen (USA) or Crimson Tyger (Canada) has more than their current known demo material those would make quite cool reissues.
I for one would buy them in a jiffy.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Great idea !! Will this be for straight heavy metal bands only or other subgenres are accepted ?

If it comes to thrash, first bands that come to my mind are MORTAR, CALIGULA, PEDIFILE, MASADA ...

btw Iordan do you know when the distro will be updated ?
ION BRITTON

Re: "RED, WHITE, and HEAVY" demo series

Post by ION BRITTON »

stormspell wrote:I'm open for ideas and suggestions for next volumes.
BLIND ASSASSIN
MAJESTIC RYTE
BARON STEELE
GLACIER
OBLIVION (NJ)
DELIVERANCE (Sword of the necromancer)
NIGROMANTIA
BAD HEAVEN
DAMNAKLEEZ
MERCILESS SIN
BLACK EVIL
CHALICE
KARIAN
VON HELLSING
MORBID TERMINATION
VATICAN
ALTERED STATE
SALEM CROSS
SALEM'S LOT
NIGHTMARE (CA)
FINAL HEIRESS
VIRTUE

Difficult, but you never know.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

omen of hate wrote:Great idea !! Will this be for straight heavy metal bands only or other subgenres are accepted ?
I'd say anything heavy-power-epic-speed-classic thrash goes. I even have an European cult old school death metal band lined up for it (depends on if they would let me have b/w cover for it).
btw Iordan do you know when the distro will be updated ?
I have all good intentions to see it updated with the next batch of releases, which should be coming in 2-3 weeks. Although to find the time for it is the real problem... I'll do my best.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Well, I know at least two labels which are trying to talk to GLACIER right now and I've tried in the past to no avail (they didnt even return my e-mails).

I think Tim once said he is in contact with NIGROMANTIA, don't know what happened though...

Anyhow, what I'm trying to say is, I also have a huge list in my head of what I'd like to release, with SINDROME and DEAF DEALER 1987 on top on it, but let's be more realistic and concentrate on bands which can be located and/or willing to cooperate.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

No one expected that a band like AERIAN RAGE could actually be located in 2011 and were willing to cooperate as well. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes you might get lucky.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

AERIAN RAGE actually found me. Someone told Johnny Roxx about Stormspell and he came to see if I'd be interested in his old bands... quite lucky I guess
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

That AERIAN RAGE cover looks great!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

It actually is a preliminary sketch for STEEL ASSASSIN which got rejected. Dimitar was selling it and I liked it so much I couldn't pass it by, hence it became adopted for this project.
akira

Post by akira »

Iordan, try to contact members of ESP, Ded Engine and Platinum. I know they are not demo bands, but they have demos besides albums. You could put out albums and demos.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

omen of hate wrote: MASADA ...
This would be marvellous!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

stormspell wrote:It actually is a preliminary sketch for STEEL ASSASSIN which got rejected. Dimitar was selling it and I liked it so much I couldn't pass it by, hence it became adopted for this project.
It's way better looking than the actual cover for the Steel Assassin album.
I'm tempted to buy even though I'm not familiair with the music.
akira

Post by akira »

Here's another suggestion Brute Force (US) (Ex Heathen Rage) and with Michael LePond on bass. Awesome US Power-Speed and Obsession Demos 83-84, Excellent stuff, maybe their best
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

If you go with Baron Steele or Blind Assassin, you're well on your way to spelling "Sabbath" with the first names of those bands you're releasing. Just a suggestion, nothing to do with me loving Baron Steele and Blind Assassin...

And fwiw, those covers are pretty cool IMO. I love that simple but effective layout - makes it more powerful.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.