Unholy German Trinity

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

What's your fave between those three ?

SODOM
44%
KREATOR
32%
DESTRUCTION
25%

Total votes: 73

DeathStrike Kömmander

Post by DeathStrike Kömmander »

Avenger wrote:
Vaggelis wrote:
Avenger wrote:[

You contradict yourself here. Tech-Thrash and commercial appeal are complete opposites.
You think so. :lol:
Look around you all that modern thrash metal from 90's 00's and tell me the main 2 recipes.

Coroner are one of that bands which i can't stand. :twisted:
I'm talking about Thrash from the period that's relevant to this sites content, the 80's. Who actually listens to Thrash from the mid-90's and 00's?

Aside from that, just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's commercial.

Commercial music is marketed specifically for the masses and the only goal behind the music is to become popular and to make money selling a huge amount of copies. You can't tell me that say Despair fits into that category. The band lacks all appeal to the general public.
Avenger, i totally agree with you, there are a lot of great albums of technical thrash bands that are amazing (some of them are my favorites) and completely underground, some examples:

Arcane
Defcon
Entophyte
Typhoon

AND DEATHROW IS AWESOME (THE 4 ALBUMS)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

DeathStrike Kömmander wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Vaggelis wrote:
You think so. :lol:
Look around you all that modern thrash metal from 90's 00's and tell me the main 2 recipes.

Coroner are one of that bands which i can't stand. :twisted:
I'm talking about Thrash from the period that's relevant to this sites content, the 80's. Who actually listens to Thrash from the mid-90's and 00's?

Aside from that, just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's commercial.

Commercial music is marketed specifically for the masses and the only goal behind the music is to become popular and to make money selling a huge amount of copies. You can't tell me that say Despair fits into that category. The band lacks all appeal to the general public.
Avenger, i totally agree with you, there are a lot of great albums of technical thrash bands that are amazing (some of them are my favorites) and completely underground, some examples:

Arcane
Defcon
Entophyte
Typhoon

AND DEATHROW IS AWESOME (THE 4 ALBUMS)
I wouldn't call Arcane "Thrash Metal" at all really.

Technical, yes, but in a Progressive Speed Metal way.

Quite a unique band. There are few bands out there that sound like this.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DeathStrike Kömmander

Post by DeathStrike Kömmander »

again, TOTALLY AGREE :)