BROCAS HELM / PROCESSION / CONVIXION - Sthlm, 30th January

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
daniel

Post by daniel »

I was talking about the clip I watched, Banshee... if it were any band other than Brocas Helm I don't think there would be much problem saying the playing there is not good. Being at a show is not about counting mistakes etc. but as seeing these clips is all I can go by this time round I'll put into words the feeling I'm left with.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

rock music is not exactly meant to be played flawless live i think
GJ

Post by GJ »

To me the wrong notes at the wrong time can completely destroy the power of a certain chord progression or melody. Untight, sloppy and careless playing as well. I really don't see the controversy here (apart from the untouchable Brocas Helm being the subject matter). Their music is very intense and chaotic but also has great melodic qualities, a complexity and quirkiness that demands a certain level of performance to make it fully enjoyable in my opinion.

You may want to take into consideration that I go to concerts to listen to music primarily, not being much of a dancer (or headbanger as they say).
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:rock music is not exactly meant to be played flawless live i think
It depends. I wouldn't mind if SARCOFAGO played sloppier live than on the album, but I certainly do mind when OMEN are doing it.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

ION BRITTON wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:rock music is not exactly meant to be played flawless live i think
It depends. I wouldn't mind if SARCOFAGO played sloppier live than on the album, but I certainly do mind when OMEN are doing it.
actually Omen (Kenny that is) sometimes plays sloppier than you would expect, but still rocks and thats the point
GJ

Post by GJ »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:actually Omen (Kenny that is) sometimes plays sloppier than you would expect, but still rocks and thats the point
That's missing the point to me, haha! Omen may rock but ANTiSEEN they aren't. Still, I should shut up. Guess we all have our own way of percieving the world and if some people enjoy themselves that's a good thing and I shouldn't interfere. Period.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
actually Omen (Kenny that is) sometimes plays sloppier than you would expect, but still rocks and thats the point
I know he does, my example wasn't random. I expect OMEN to play more faithfully to the album, their style doesn't have space for any 'yeah man let's rock' attitude on stage IMO.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart