HELL - Cleaned up Tracks (updated)

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
Bane

HELL - Cleaned up Tracks (updated)

Post by Bane »

Post updated

http://rapidshare.com/files/413101117/H ... s.rar.html

Ok, I originally posted up the first 8 tracks I had converted to MP3 and ID3'd, but I've exchanged that link for a new .rar file I spent most of the morning/afternoon compiling. It contains 22 tracks including cleaned up versions of loads of demo tracks, a rare "Let Battle Commence" rehearsal and a few live cuts. 95% of the tracks were cleaned up by Andy Sneap using sophisticated tools that removed most of the noise and rubbish. This wasn't done for fun; it was so Kev, Tony and Tim could figure out what the hell they were playing back then after a 20+ year hiatus :)

They were kindly sent to me by Kev Bower on a couple of data DVDs as high bitrate .wav files in early July 2010. Each song was 60MB+ in size so I converted them to 256kbps .mp3 files for the purpose of uploading them onto the Interweb. The .wav files were completely blank too (argh) so I had to go through each one and figure out what song it was and what demo it came from, if any. Kev gave me his full permission to share them, so here we are.

Just because these have been posted online doesn't mean there won't eventually be a Hell discography release sometime in the near future. I think the majority of people who hear and like these versions of the songs would go out of their way to purchase them on an official vinyl/cd release! I'm only making this post on a couple of forums so hopefully the tracks will stay out of the reach of bootleggers until something concrete and official is actually released. That's why I would love it if people refrained from submitting them to blogs, Thrashmageddon and so forth...

- Barry G. (dirtyrottenbarry@gmail.com)

-------------------------------------------------------

Track listing:

01. Blasphemy & The Master (Demo 2 - mix 1)
02. Blasphemy & The Master (Demo 2 - mix 2)
03. Blasphemy & The Master (Live)
04. Deathsquad (7 inch)
05. Deliver Us From Evil (Demo 2)
06. Depths of Despair (Scheming Demons)
07. Intense Is The Sense of Doom (Scheming Demons)
08. Let Battle Commence (Demo 2)
09. Let Battle Commence (Rehearsal w/ diff. chorus)
10. Macbeth (Demo 2)
11. Macbeth (Live)
12. Macbeth (Scheming Demons)
13. No Martyr's Cage (Live)
14. On Earth As It Is In Hell (Demo 2)
15. Plague & Fire (Live)
16. Save Us From Those Who Would Save Us (7 inch)
17. The Devil's Deadly Weapon (Demo 2)
18. The Disposer Supreme (Scheming Demons)
19. The Oppressors (Live - with spoken word intro)
20. The Quest (Live)
21. The Quest (Scheming Demons)
22. Where Angels Fear to Tread (Demo 1)

Total playing time: 2:04:17

- ID3 tagging was done in haste (and from memory for the most part) so if any tracks are tagged incorrectly, please e-mail me! I'll alter them and upload a new archive.
Last edited by Bane on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bane

Post by Bane »

Quick update: 23/Oct/2010

My friend Pat Clancy pointed these YouTube videos out to me just a moment ago. They were uploaded today by some guy called SabbatKing (perhaps he is a member here, who knows?) and to say they're worth glancing over is an understatement!! It's personally the first time I've ever seen HELL perform live and I'm sitting here with the biggest of grins on my face.

- Plague & Fire. Unfortunately the video is incomplete but it features the Halliday "death knell" and some sublime vocals from the man himself. Amazing!
- Judas. A rare (and to me, unknown) rendition of a haunting HELL ballad called 'Judas'.
- Bedtime. A cover of the Race Against Time classic. Enough said!! :)

Please leave that guy some feedback & thanks in the comments if you have a YouTube account. I'll update the first post with these videos also.
Last edited by Bane on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bane

Post by Bane »

I have to say, Andy did an incredible job with the tracks. Listening to the cleaned up version of The Devil's Deadly Weapon was like hearing it for the very first time all over again. Orgasmic. You're going to hear parts in some songs that you never even heard before :)
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Thanks very much Bane.
I must confess that despite my love of all things NWOBHM, Hell have always left me cold.
I know, i know, that's heresy etc., but hear me out.
This may, in part, have been down to the diabolical quality of the rips i've heard, so i'm gonna d/l this and give it a good listen.
Maybe i'll finally see what all the fuss was about?
Many thanks again.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

bigfootkit wrote:Thanks very much Bane.
I must confess that despite my love of all things NWOBHM, Hell have always left me cold.
This may, in part, have been down to the diabolical quality of the rips i've heard, so i'm gonna d/l this and give it a good listen.
Many thanks again.
Same here; never heard what the fuss was about, but finding anything audible on those old demos required a hunting dog and a ouiji board. I'll give 'em another spin. If I still don't dig 'em, maybe 'kit will join me in Poseur Purgatory and we can trade Bon Jovi cassettes back and forth for all eternity while the rest of the Corroseum acolytes start building several small temples in your honor for sharing these with us all :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Dave_the_Boss

Post by Dave_the_Boss »

Fucking awesome! Downloading now. Cheers Barry.
Bane

Post by Bane »

nightsblood wrote:If I still don't dig 'em, maybe 'kit will join me in Poseur Purgatory and we can trade Bon Jovi cassettes back and forth for all eternity while the rest of the Corroseum acolytes start building several small temples in your honor for sharing these with us all :)
Haha! Well I'm curious to know what you and bigfootkit think of them after hearing the cleaned up versions :) Actually, I'm curious to know what everyone thinks regardless of whether they like HELL or not, or even if they've never heard the band before. I really do think they add a completely new dimension to the songs! I'm a huge, some might say "obsessive", HELL fan and I felt like an excited school kid when I first played them.

Oh, and I'll try to get the others uploaded asap.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Cor, thanks!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Thanks for the good work and for sharing. First impression is pretty good, sounds much better now.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Dave_the_Boss

Post by Dave_the_Boss »

Fuck me, this is amazing! On Earth As It Is In Hell is so much heavier than the crappy mp3 rip that I have. I can't stop smiling while listening to this, haha!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Thanks for that. Will probably be great to hear better versions, though I 've had pretty good ones.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

the post of the millennium! i was rather disappointed that the so much discussed discography wouldn't be out, at least not "physically". Well, better to have mp3 remastered and cleaned than nothing.. i heard the band would spread them as digital downloads.. perhaps not what all the collectors expected after years of await, but it's ok. the songs sound really good now, and i can't wait for all those announced rarities. I've never heard Hell in such good quality before. Congratulations to (Lord) bane and Andy for these jewels. Ah, don't worry.. soon or later someone would eventually make a bootleg.. maybe from the land of Zeus..
Bane

Post by Bane »

Please see the updated first post.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

nightsblood wrote:
bigfootkit wrote:Thanks very much Bane.
Many thanks again.
Same here; never heard what the fuss was about, but finding anything audible on those old demos required a hunting dog and a ouiji board. I'll give 'em another spin. If I still don't dig 'em, maybe 'kit will join me in Poseur Purgatory and we can trade Bon Jovi cassettes back and forth for all eternity while the rest of the Corroseum acolytes start building several small temples in your honor for sharing these with us all :)
Oh no! You just know that DaN will fashion some kind of virtual "Poseur Purgatory" now to which he can banish those who he deems "false of faith". I guess you & i are bound for cells 1 & 2 Nightsblood.
Seriously though, i've had the chance to listen to a few tracks so far and these songs are indeed streets ahead sonically of the crappy rips i've heard before, and from what i've heard maybe, just maybe, i've been too hasty in my prior dismissal of Hell.
Repeated listens and possibly some humble pie may well be in order.
:shock:
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Kit: DaN might be up to something; he has been hoarding shackles, straight jackets, and downloading EUROPE albums for some nefarious purpose. Being locked in a small padded room with 'Superstitious' playing non-stop sure sounds like Poseur Hell to me.... you bring the bread, I'll bring the water

I'll d/l these tomorrow, internet connection isn't behaving well enough to d/l today
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky