Brazilian Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Mr Nuke

Brazilian Metal

Post by Mr Nuke »

DaN wrote:SADOM - "Love and Death" LP (original & mysterious yet raw and almost "droneish" Metal)[/url].
This one makes me curious? I got one of their later albums, and that's a very special one, maybe not a top-class album, yet a curiosity I won't easily part of. The seller described it as a mix between TROUBLE and CELTIC FROST, and wasn't wrong at all. It looks like if CF had become a dommish Hard-Rock band, or so. I like this album.

Oh, well, and Mr Metalmaster is right. EXPULSER were killer. the Unholy One is surely the third best and intense Brazilian Metal album after I.N.R.I. and Bloody Vengeance.

About CLAVION, this album isn't my preferred from Brazil, but it has its kind of specific charm that I like a lot.

When it comes to classical HM, my faves are SHOCK, CENTURIAS, ALTA TENSAO, the first STRESS album (I didn't heard the second one), SALARIO MINIMO's Beijo Fatal and KARISMA (for the fun more for the overall quality though), and mayne HARPPIA.
AZUL LIMAO played good, varied Metal, but not as good as the ones I've cited before IMO.
Gott ist tot.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Mr Nuke wrote:
DaN wrote:SADOM - "Love and Death" LP (original & mysterious yet raw and almost "droneish" Metal)[/url].
This one makes me curious? I got one of their later albums, and that's a very special one, maybe not a top-class album, yet a curiosity I won't easily part of. The seller described it as a mix between TROUBLE and CELTIC FROST, and wasn't wrong at all. It looks like if CF had become a dommish Hard-Rock band, or so. I like this album.
You must be joking! I have to get this one. How much is it worth?
I am ... the One you warned me of
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

Check your PM man! and I'm not joking! :D This album is very unique in a way.
Gott ist tot.
BestialLust

Post by BestialLust »

The Sentinel wrote: Vulcano at their peak is unsurpassed even by the mighty Sarcofago IMO. Bloody Vengeance is the soundtrack of Hell.
Can only agree here. Sorry, this album makes 'INRI' look as though it was written by schoolgirls

[/End Tangent]
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

good call on Nephastus, "Torturous Ways" is a great album, I need to listen to that again soon.

SADOM had 1 vinyl and 2 cds, I guess a mix between TROUBLE and CELTIC FROST is an ok description but not quite. I met the vocalist when I was in Rio 2 years ago, seemed like a cool guy.
anthares

Post by anthares »

If the compilation albums are not listed then my list could be something like:

HARPPIA - sete
HARPPIA - Ferro e fogo
AZUL LIMAO - Vinganca
ANTISISTEMA - Exploring the Stars (for those who adore Metalmorphose!)
ANTHARES - No Limite da Força
TAURUS - signo de taurus
ASTAROTH - Na Luz da Conquista
VENUS - s/t
EXCALIBUR - st
KALEVALA - Myths and legends
PATRULHA DO ESPACO - Patrulha 85
ALTA TENSAO -Metalmorphosis
CENTURIAS -Ninja
OVERDOSE - Seculo XX
OVERDOSE - Conscience
STRESS - Flor atomica
SALARIO MINIMO - beijo fatal (in some twisted way their later radio rock sounding stuff is very good too)

Karisma and Sadom are great too! Punkmetal!! I only have Sadom lp, how are the later cds compared to it?

INRI, indeed it is the ultimate metal album!!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

DaN wrote:
The Knell wrote:I like the Excalibur demo a lot! It's strange Heavy Metal, never heard anything like that. Reggae Heavy Metal? A bit amateurish though...
Not this EXCALIBUR I gather? They were a "pure NWOBHM"-style band as I remember it, but the article does mention a 2nd Brazilian EXCALIBUR from Bela Horizonte. As much as I cringe at the "Reggae-Metal" description I can't help being a wee bit curious. I must be a fuckin' masochist :roll:
It's THIS Excalibur, rereleased 2002 on LP by Dies Irae.

Well, it is not really "Reggae", it has just such a feeling of calmness and summer and so on. They're not 100% NWOBHM for me, it is quite original and hard to describe. There are some awesome songs on it, like "Ligado Numa Onda" or "Solidao"! It's far away from being a masterpiece, but I enjoy it a lot...
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

metalmaster wrote:I must add two bands of very different styles: Clavion and Expulser
Never heard Clavion ,but Expulser's "The Unholy One" fuckin' slays!!!!
anthares

Post by anthares »

Belo Horizonte - bottomless pit of brutal death metal
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

Noisenik wrote:Nephastus and Acid Storm. I think everybody should get Biotronic Genesis. and later tell what one thinks of them :)
this is a cool album, havent listened to it in a while, but decent technical thrash from what i remember
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote: More OT:
I have 2 demos with this early 90's UK act called DIE LAUGHING who actually managed to combine Doom, Death & Dub in a suprisingly effective manner.
Still OT: I have both demos and Artificial Playground is an absolute stunner! This is what "prog" in music in general should actually mean.
I am ... the One you warned me of
vansinne

Post by vansinne »

Question: Are there official reissues of Harppia's albums out on CD or are they bootlegs?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

vansinne wrote:Question: Are there official reissues of Harppia's albums out on CD or are they bootlegs?
I think the CD w/ both albums is official. If you don't get the metaleros-lists, just email Rainer and ask him: krukenberg@freenet.de
DTP

Post by DTP »

ION BRITTON wrote:Sorry for being off topic, but I.N. fuckin' R.I. is the (un)godliest thing that Brazilian metal ever offered to this world. All the rest are simply a class lower.
throw in "bloody vengeance" and the first HOLOCAUSTO and i'll co-sign that :wink:
DaN
Administructor

Re: Brazilian Metal

Post by DaN »

Finally got hold of this hidden gem! Who else is a fan?

ImageORQUIDEA NEGRA - Who's Dead LP 1992 review

While it was reissued both on LP and CD a few years ago, I thought the original mix sounded better compared to the CD-rip I've heard, so...
Exclusive content for logged in users.