Anyone on the US to recieve a package?

Trading, selling, want lists, distros, weelin' & dealin'
Ryür

Anyone on the US to recieve a package?

Post by Ryür »

Hello,

Anyone living in the US are willing to receive and resend to me a package? Because the seller do no ship outside the US.
Od course you will get something in reward.

Contact me at: borntofight12 (at) hotmail (dot) com
or PM.

Thanks. :D
Ryür

Re: Anyone on the US to recieve a package?

Post by Ryür »

Really noone? Please help me, that vinyl is a top want of mine :D
Ryür

Post by Ryür »

Found, thanks.
martinsane

Post by martinsane »

Did not see this obviously prior to solution.

That said I am always up to receive and forward along and have done so many times prior.

For the future!

Terry
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I have recently found out (the hard way) that some US sellers will get VERY pissed off if they find out you're using a US address that's not your own for freight forwarding.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Khnud wrote:I have recently found out (the hard way) that some US sellers will get VERY pissed off if they find out you're using a US address that's not your own for freight forwarding.
Why so? I don't see any reason to care. They -probably- prefer inner States transactions to avoid the possible risk of posting overseas. Why should they care if the buyer is willing to take the risk (and the cost) himself without the seller getting involved?
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Well, this ebay seller sold me something which arrived in far worse condition than stated. Upon contacting him, he asked me why I took so long to contact him, knowing the item had arrived (in the States, mind you) 4 weeks earlier. Being honest, I told him I had used a US address to forward it to my place. He went completely bananas and accused me of being in violation of ebay rules which states (according to him) that you must use your own address. I was in violation of the user agreement, I violated his rights as a seller, blah blah blah. He was furious he had to deal with someone living in a country he specifically wouldn't ship to, and he threatened to report me to ebay and "take appropriate measures". This was a power seller with +4000 feedback.

If I had opened an "item not as described" case, I'm not sure I'd win it. The seller could always claim that the item was in stated condition when he shipped it, and blame the freight forwarding (which would be a blatant lie, of course). So I cut my losses and dropped the issue.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Manillaungol

Post by Manillaungol »

Khnud wrote:If I had opened an "item not as described" case, I'm not sure I'd win it. The seller could always claim that the item was in stated condition when he shipped it, and blame the freight forwarding (which would be a blatant lie, of course). So I cut my losses and dropped the issue.
It would be a problem for that very reason, say the person forwarding the item does mess it up and then lies to you the buyer and then you come after the seller for something they didn't do, if you ask someone to ship to an address that is different from the address stated in paypal the seller loses seller protection, if the forwarder buyers from their own account with proper addresses it shouldn't be a problem but they could still lie and screw the seller good even if they messed up the item themselves.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

True, if this was a case of shipping damage, but it wasn't. It was plain old "I don't know how to grade properly". :D
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Khnud, As I have come to discover in this world: there are plenty of wackos out there with different defects. In the record dealing world we all know those defects(over grading, poor packing, scam artists, ripoffs, etc), unfortunately you encountered one of them....
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

doomedplanet wrote:Khnud, As I have come to discover in this world: there are plenty of wackos out there with different defects. In the record dealing world we all know those defects(over grading, poor packing, scam artists, ripoffs, etc), unfortunately you encountered one of them....
Yep, I've encountered a lot of them recently. At the same time as having to deal with this I also tried selling items on ebay for the first time. Promptly got ripped off buy a scumbag who played the old "item not received" trick (I did a check of his user ID and found out he's done this to a lot of other people as well). It's registered mail only from now on, unless it's someone I know and trust. Which of course makes selling on ebay rather unappealing due to the high shipping cost. :-/
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
martinsane

Post by martinsane »

I'm certainly not as anal as many others with regards to condition, but to me if I'm middle manning something like this, I'm communicating with the end user as to when it arrives, when I forwarded it along and I would certainly talk to what was bought and how it was supposed to look prior to forwarding, so if there was an issue, I could return from the US address and avoid the drama.

That said if all systems were a go and in transit from me to the end user something post related happened I guess that would eliminate the Ebay seller from recourse, but then I and the receiver would have to figure out the next avenue... I suspect if all was packaged appropriately based on what was agreed upon and the mishap was 100% postal neglect then we would have no choice but wash our hands of it...

Just my thoughts.