FAR EAST ''Ripper slasher'' 7'' Music wanted

Trading, selling, want lists, distros, weelin' & dealin'
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
nightsblood wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:Isn’t it amazing? Now since there are thousands of metal albums so easily available for downloads and youtube and what not, more than one person can hear in a lifetime, but it seems it just can never be enough for some people. There will always be an album or a single or a demo that you can’t hear instantly and it’s always the fault of others of course or worse, some kind of conspiracy!
SO you admit that it's all your fault! You're the one standing between me and my God-given right to hear that long lost CHALYCE demo! Damn you and your vinyl conspiracy! The GERMAN METAL ILLUMINATI lives people!
Harhar, well someone had to tell ya. :D
Yeah, well, how about you buy me dinner first the next time you wanna mindfuck me? What kind of metal collector do you think I am?
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

4 pages, thats the most action this site has seen since Dan left
"I am NOT a collector"
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

(G.O.T.H.M.I.) wrote:4 pages, thats the most action this site has seen since Dan left
Goth Mi got him
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

I see the Master is logged in but no comment

For the longest time I thought he had shit in the woods an a hog ate him.
"I am NOT a collector"
humus

Post by humus »

(G.O.T.H.M.I.) wrote:Still waiting on an address to send royalties....
I'm fine without.

nightsblood wrote:You're entitled to your opinion, as am I. To me, your statement reeks of a sense of entitlement. You're saying that if a piece of music exists, then everyone is entitled to get to hear it if they want to.

That mentality is a DIRECT result of the Internet Age. 20 years ago NO ONE would have had such an opinion because there was no way that everyone could even think about hearing everything out there. The closest you could come was to be a mega-tape trader, and even then you knew there was tons of stuff you'd never hear, and it wasn't even an issue. But now that technology allows people to readily share music as data files, more and more people- especially youngsters raised in the post-Napster world- EXPECT to go online and get anything and everything they want to hear for little-no expense. And when someone doesn't indulge their expectation, they get their nose out of joint; "screw you for not giving me free music!". WTF?
There's a distinct difference between the 'internet generation' and this case. The internet generation can start off a day on the internet knowing only Linkin park, and end up listening to Wyzard late at night just by following links. Good evolution? Absolutely not. I've always experienced music to be some kind of learning process. I don't see how you could appreciate the Voor demotapes if you don't have atleast a few years of 'experience' listening to extreme music.
On the other hand we have someone here who obviously heard his fair share of metal over the years, who has a collection not made up of MP3's and who's rightful appreciation of the metal genre probably does not have to be questioned. If someone like this has been looking for a rare release, it's something completely different than a 16 year old kid looking to score every 'hyper-rare' release listed on metal archives.
I'm not pleading to put this music on some blog for everyone to download. Most people are not knowledgeable enough on US metal (myself included) and should better start off with more widely available albums.

nightsblood wrote:So you don't even finish your post before admitting that not all music is meant to be openly available.

How many musicians do you think would readily say, "sure, go ahead and spread my music to everyone for free. I don't want any financial reimbursement; just give it away on your blog so everyone can hear it while I get nothing to pay for my time and trouble"?

Same goes for dealers like Glock- er, Collecter C. Why should he spend hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars traveling the country looking for rare records, and then post all the music online for free so that many people won't even consider buying a copy for more than a few bucks? "Gee, thanks for taking 2 weeks off from work to rummage through every used record store in 5 states, I really appreciate all the food, gas, and hotel bills you racked up- now upload the music for me right now 'cause I don't wanna spend any money buying a copy and I don't wanna go look for it myself".

It never ceases to amaze me how many people want something for nothing.
Yes. If it's the band/musicians wish that a certain piece of music isn't to be spread, I'll be the last one to ever share it.

But in this case the band released a single, which means that atleast at the time they had the intention to spread the music.
You assume some musicians want to get paid for what they do. I assume some musicians are just happy that their music would be spread to people, even if they don't see a dime from it. Since neither you nor me know anyone from the band it's meaningless to make these assumptions. They could love finding their music out there, they could hate finding their music out there.

I've got a few things in my collection which aren't mentioned on the internet/not available for download anywhere. The day someone comes asking for this music, I'll supply this to him at cost (as I've done before), no matter how hard it was to find or how much I've paid for it.
You say you shouldn't share something because people might think it suck, and it will affect the demand and thus price for said record. That, in my mind, is just sick and money-hungry.

My ethical viewpoints on this are obviously far away from many other forumusers. I might have more companions in a crustforum :lol:
I respect people who go out and dig for records. And I don't expect anyone to share his entire collection with everyone on the internet. But between devote fans of a genre, there shouldn't be this secrecy. Unless you don't trust the person asking because you're afraid he might put it on some blog/download site or (even worse) produce a bootleg, I'd not have a problem with sharing anything from my collection.

Anyway, I got a few bits and pieces of commentary on what you wrote left, but I've got a headache (unrelated to this) so I'll just leave it at this.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

humus- for the record, I never said folks should not share because it might affect the value of their records. From a dealer standpoint, it's another matter. And I don't care what other people think of a record; if they love it great, if they think it sucks, that's fine too.

Some of your other qualifications now make more sense. For example, I have no problem with collector friends sharing stuff among themselves; I've shared some pretty tough to find stuff with others, and they've sent me some rarities too. Asking someone you know well for a 'private' upload is different than asking for something to be posted on a public forum. There are way too many asses like strappado who snag the stuff just to put on their own blogs to boast about, and too many bootleggers willing to work with any format they can acquire.

Older, defunct bands probably don't mind as much if their music is shared. But newer, active artists are more likely to be upset. Musicians gotta eat too. If we're strictly talking old, out of print stuff, that is a bit different.

We're good here I think, I've gotten lost in the silliness that spread through other threads, and it's time for me to wrap up here today anyway.

John- if that sound clip doesn't drag Master DaN form his cave, I say we declare him legally dead and divide up his record collection among ourselves. Dibs on the purple black hole; I'll never forgive his zombie bones for outbidding me on that! It should be locked away in MY vault dagnabit! :(
Last edited by nightsblood on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Becky
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

i took the time and bothered to log in to agree with ION BRITTON that most if not all current 'UNKNOWNS' ultra first time offered seveninches on ebay range from mediocre to utter shit judging from the soundclips (most aint even metal) and that i also long gave up hope of the next lord ryur ever showing up.
i would love nothing more than being proved wrong though.really.
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

MassOfKthulu wrote:i took the time and bothered to log in to agree with ION BRITTON that most if not all current 'UNKNOWNS' ultra first time offered seveninches on ebay range from mediocre to utter shit judging from the soundclips (most aint even metal) and that i also long gave up hope of the next lord ryur ever showing up.

HAHAHA
Is that a way to get me to post stuff.........

Soon son, soon
"I am NOT a collector"
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

MassOfKthulu wrote:i took the time and bothered to log in to agree with ION BRITTON that most if not all current 'UNKNOWNS' ultra first time offered seveninches on ebay range from mediocre to utter shit judging from the soundclips (most aint even metal) and that i also long gave up hope of the next lord ryur ever showing up.
I can assure you John's got a ton of killer stuff hardly anyone has ever heard.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Many old band members that I have had conversation with are actually excited to learn that people still listen to and appreciate the stuff they put out 20-30 years ago. I'm of course not talking about the Iron Maiden's, Judas Priest's and Metallica's here but the bands that put out an album or two or never made it past the demo stage. From my experience 80% of the time they are happy to provide you with material because they do not or ever have made profit from it. The only time that I have been told to not spread the material around was because they were embarrassed about it. Not because they didn't want it to be heard.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

chatzial wrote:
Avenger wrote:I feel this forum tends to spin in circles with the same topics popping up over and over...

Either way, I agree. What's the point of recording music if no one is ever going to hear it? It's there to be heard.

Now upload Metal Merchant!
I already uploaded here a year ago this one:

http://www.divshare.com/download/16249816-a58

Here's another one:

http://www.divshare.com/download/19578744-b98
Yes sir, I remember these but it's a very limited sample of the record.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

I second this statement. If anyone hides the music of any "mystic or phantom record" that sells for a cup of gold nuggets, then that record can't be anything special. If it's great stuff you'd only keep away buyers while hiding the "great" music that they'd spend for 100 $ more than usual. It's just not not logic ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
vxn123

FAR EAST ''Ripper slasher'' 7'' Music wanted

Post by vxn123 »

Prowler wrote:
I second this statement. If anyone hides the music of any "mystic or phantom record" that sells for a cup of gold nuggets, then that record can't be anything special. If it's great stuff you'd only keep away buyers while hiding the "great" music that they'd spend for 100 $ more than usual. It's just not not logic ...
This is correct in 99% of ultra obscure LPs, EPs. I can verify that almost all great LPs, EPs have been made known either as bootlegs or official reissues. However, 7'' singles, cassette LPs or demos is a totally different case....there are quite impressive recordings that are not yet bootlegged, reissued or uploaded.....maybe these special recordings are few but they do exist...SIRATH cassette LP, and 7'' singles of TORA ORPHAN, HOT SHOT, SONIC RAGE are some of the best examples....
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

TORA ORPHAN -> Top Class , HOT SHOT - One Good song one Shit , SONIC RAGE - Average stuff. Most of interested lads already hear how these 7" sounds.But there also another league of bands (As you mentioned from "Without MP3s" league)

EMERALD - High Roller
LIGHTNING STRIKES - Lightning Strikes
APPRENTESS - Headless Horseman
FAR EAST - Ripper Slasher

P.S Would be cool to see official 4 WAY SPLIT LP with all these 4 bands :)
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Quality is in the eyes (or in this case, ears) of the beholder, people.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight