DARK AGE - STAR TRIPPIN' 7"

Trading, selling, want lists, distros, weelin' & dealin'
BloodOfChrist

DARK AGE - STAR TRIPPIN' 7"

Post by BloodOfChrist »

I just learned of the existence of this 7", from a band Ive looked for for years. The year of the 7", 1986, was the year the band played an all-cover gig with PURGATORY and WRETCH in Ohio. I knew about this gig and the fact that the band is all under 18 (the singer was 13, the guitarist was 18, and everyone else is in between). Apparently they played the covers amazingly, and got a very good crowd response. I dont know any members names but Im DYING to hear this 7". If anyone has a copy for sale or even mp3s or anything id like to hear it ASAP. Ive always wondered what the members did throughout the years because from what I read it sounded like these kids had a very promising future...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

2 viable candidates while "cheating":

Type of Work: Music
Registration Number / Date: PAu000694932 / 1985-02-19
Title: Dark age I.
Description: 1 sound cassette : noise reduction.
Notes: Collection.
Copyright Claimant: Greg G. Leistikow
Date of Creation: 1984
Authorship on Application: words & music: Greg Gerard Leistikow.

Names: Leistikow, Greg Gerard, 1960-

..and:

Type of Work: Music
Registration Number / Date: SRu000107753 / 1987-03-18
Title: Dark age.
Description: sound cassette.
Notes: Cataloged from appl. only.
Additional title on appl.: In the dark.
Copyright Claimant: © Paul Romano
Date of Creation: 1987
Authorship on Application: words, music, arr.: Paul Romano.
Other Title: In the dark.
Names: Romano, Paul, 1961-
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

Hi Dan,

it is none of those. The band is out of Munroe Falls, Ohio. The 7" is from 1986 on Dark Age Music. The song titles are "Star trippin'" and "Coming of the storm".

No picture-sleeve and green labels. Only family members (one female) making the music. Two families with two boys. And the mother/sister producing it.

This 7" did cost me 1 week until I knew how to play it. It is really THE ONLY record I found in my life that you can play at 45rpm or 33rpm and both versions sound great and you cannot know what is the correct speed.

Knowing the guys were 13-18 you surely know that it is 45rpm indeed and not the great doom stuff on 33rpm.

The 7" is surely no masterpiece but quite original in its way. Never heard such vocals on a metal record. Maybe on youtube those children from Argentina playing Maiden can be compared although this is here is professional and a lot better.

Who nees more info: You are welcome. But: mp3s: no, cannot make with my equipment and would not do, digital music is satanic. :-)
rrrebel

Re: DARK AGE - STAR TRIPPIN' 7"

Post by rrrebel »

Hi,
Just found this page when searching Dark Age trying to find old videos. In 1986 the singer was probably 12 and the guitar player was 14. Here's a video of them from 1987. The original 45rpm version"Star Trippin'" is being released sometime in the near future on a compilation album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL9MtCdkEM4
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

most of the rarities are on youtube nowadays, you should always check them first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F6-993A3rU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyZ617lmpbc
rrrebel

Post by rrrebel »

I meant I found The Corresum while searching for Dark Age videos that aren't on YouTube. The singer and guitar player are planning on re-releasing their album at some point and we have been trying to find old pictures, videos, merchandise etc. They recently started a Facebook page so their old fans could re-connect with them.