Artch - For the sake of Mankind LP, for trade!

Trading, selling, want lists, distros, weelin' & dealin'
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

mordred wrote: No, honestly I agree with you. Another Return is a decent power metal album. It's pretty much saved by the great vocals and the two hit songs: "Another Return to Church Hill" and "Metal Life". The second album has no hits and generally weaker songs throughout, so it goes down the bin.
:shock: Only two hits!You remind me Dan's opinion about Artch(one hit band).

Can we be more serious.Another Return is one of the best masterpieces of Scandinavian Metal ever.It made too good sales for the era when it was released and they were a very well known name.But that doesn't mean that they played comerciall.Just harsh 80's Power Metal with many Speed parts.

Power To The Man,Loaded,Where I Go are perfect tracks or what?I think you need to rehear it(i doubt if you have heared it within the last 10 years
:lol: )

I admit For The Sake Of Mankind is a mediocre record for the class of Artch and can not be compared with Another Return.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

mordred wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:I don't even think their first album was all that good. Not bad, but not something to champion and spend a lot of time on 20 years down the line either.
Now what's this, a norwegian speaking so frankly about Artch? Don't you lusekofta-metalheads need something to be proud of as well? :D

No, honestly I agree with you. Another Return is a decent power metal album. It's pretty much saved by the great vocals and the two hit songs: "Another Return to Church Hill" and "Metal Life". The second album has no hits and generally weaker songs throughout, so it goes down the bin.
What the fuck is this, Norwegian with a lower case n?!?! :evil: :wink:

Seriously, it's true we could use something to be proud of, but there just doesn't seem to be that much to hang on to. Artch's debut was a good record, I mean, I've kept it for twenty years, but it's not that good. I'd give it a 6 on a 10 scale. Embarassingly, there are at least 20 Swedish 80s metal records which are clearly better from the same period.

Fucking Åmål wrote: Only two hits!You remind me Dan's opinion about Artch(one hit band).

Can we be more serious.Another Return is one of the best masterpieces of Scandinavian Metal ever.It made too good sales for the era when it was released and they were a very well known name.But that doesn't mean that they played comerciall.Just harsh 80's Power Metal with many Speed parts.

Power To The Man,Loaded,Where I Go are perfect tracks or what?I think you need to rehear it(i doubt if you have heared it within the last 10 years
)

I admit For The Sake Of Mankind is a mediocre record for the class of Artch and can not be compared with Another Return.
Agreed about For the Sake of Man Kind, but not those tracks of the debut. Power to the Man I find to be very stale and ultimately a little embarassing. Loaded and Where I go are decent. I do still play that record, so it's not bad. It's just nothing really special.

It's all down to taste of course. They were pretty good at playing and arranging their numbers, but the songs themselves don't really speak that strongly to me.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Fucking Åmål wrote: :shock: Only two hits!You remind me Dan's opinion about Artch(one hit band).

:lol: )
Hold on here, I'm only 26 years old, you suggesting I have not listened to an album in 10 years makes me feel very old. :lol:
I think it was no more than one year since I last listened to it. Those songs you mention are far from perfect in my ears, but all decent and listenable. Like I said, it's a solid record with a good vocalist and two songs that are great to my ears. I would, like knuthulu, rate it 6 out of 10. That's a serious rating. Shouting "masterpiece" about a middle of the road album like Another Return doesn't seem very serious to me.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Comparing the 2 Artch's albums, I feel "For Sake..." is a much better album and I really dig it. I actually feel "Another Return.." is kinda boring and dry... Well, just my opinoin.